...life can be translucent

Menu

53.3.6 > 8 interview??

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,I have sent out my resume yesterday to s company which i would like to work for.Will i be called for an interview with company X?Hexgram 53.3.6 to 8.Line 3 sounds negativeLine 6 sounds positive.Hex 8 talks about union.Please share your thoughts.Thank you.

D

diamanda

This is a strange answer Steve. I got it in the past concerning a work situation (and got it also a few times regarding other matters). In all cases it meant something like "there will be drama but all will end well".

About the work situation I had - I was undecided between a temp job I had at the time and a new offer. I wanted to stay in the temp job workplace, didn't want to leave, but the temp job was almost finished. So what I did was I spoke to my manager, told her that I'm considering leaving their company for another offer. She extended my contract! And also, quite soon after, a manager from a nearby department offered me another temp position in that same place (which lasted over a year).

53.3 says that something is lost forever.
53.6 says grace from above.
And 8 means you'll remain in employment.

So I'll risk applying the same scenario: yes you'll get an interview, and an offer from them. But when you tell your current manager, they will counter-offer you something better, to keep you. Do you think that's possible at all?

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Hi diamanda,Love your story and i agree this answer is really strange.... drama like u said.Did the manager offer you a higher salary? And that is the reason you decided to join the nearby department ?Yes. The interpretation seems reasonable.I sure hope to get an interview and new job.Thank you.

D

diamanda

No the salary was more or less the same in all three places. I just liked that company and wanted to stay because the work itself was very interesting and creative. Fingers crossed for you!

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Hi diamanda,53.3 says that something is lost forever.From your experiences, how do you apply Line 3 in your situation?

D

diamanda

In the above situation, I can see 53.3 as any of the following:
(a) I threatened to leave the original company for good, to go work elsewhere.
(b) My original temp position was soon lost for good (there was no more work in that post).
(c) I also had to say a very final 'no' to the other company.

But, as an afterthought, I think the 53.3 mostly referred to (b) - that the position I had at that moment would very soon be lost forever. Hence I believe that you will not continue in your current position.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).