...life can be translucent

Menu

How does another person see me.

Michellez1

visitor
Reaction score
I find it hard to see myself or what others may value in me. Someone I admire, a religious teacher has so much more capacity, intelligence and talent than me. And despite me having a lot of constant, 'talking myself down' self talk in her presence, my sense is that she really values me. I threw the iching to see if I could get an understanding of what she sees in me. So that I could get a better understanding of my self, maybe see something if value that I can't see. There is a mystical component to our connection I think through the faith tradition we are in. I seem to be able to be vulnerable even weak around her but still feel appreciated and valued.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You have not written what answer Yi gave you.

Michellez1

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry, I am new and struggling to use this in my phone.The first time I cast the I Ching it gave me:34 changing to 58. Then because I lost that page on my phone and could not get it back, I gave up and threw again. And I got37 changing to 26I didn't intend to throw it twice and I have only just found it the first reading from the lost page.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
It is good to write your questions and readings down, and to slow the whole process of casting and reflecting.

ok, I'll bite:
34.3.5 (58)
See's you as a little Ram-bunctious Friend. (but smart enough not to get carried away.) ;)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I am new and struggling to use this in my phone.The first time I cast the I Ching it gave me:34 changing to 58. Then because I lost that page on my phone and could not get it back, I gave up and threw again. And I got37 changing to 26I didn't intend to throw it twice and I have only just found it the first reading from the lost page.

So that would be written as 34.3.5>58 (people are more likely to answer if you put the lines in like this). It's not the easiest question to interpret an answer for because I don't know if you want the answer to give a picture of what you look like through her eyes or whether you want the answer to show how she feels for you. I think there is probably a better more efficient question underneath this one which would involve finding the real question ie the reason you want to know....but anyway FWIW my first impression is she sees you as someone who struggles (34.3) and who openly shares those struggles with her (58)...it sort of gives me the impression of watching someone tieing herself in knots, like the feeling one might have watching a friend talk effusively about the ins and outs of what is wrong with things/them/it. I think there is a social aspect to it which lightens it (58) it just makes me think of sitting with a friend who is saying "well I can't do this and then there's that and I dunno what to do because because of this and because of that and ...." yet it's still a pleasant social interaction.

In 34.3 one is forcibly trying to get free of impediment and hindering oneself in the process. here all that forceful hindering is kind of on view to her, part of your social interaction. By line 5 this is simply let go of, it doesn't matter, a loss that doesn't matter. So I think it appears a very open relationship where you can share your struggles and she sees your struggles and possibly she is just watching, in a friendly way until you inevitably let them go.

BTW I feel this shows you may have a degree of infatuation

Someone I admire, a religious teacher has so much more capacity, intelligence and talent than me

....you have placed her on a pedestal which isn't always a bad thing when you have something to learn from someone BUT be careful not to make yourself feel lesser and smaller as a human being because of that. Also the pedestal thing can create distance between you and actually the 58 makes me think this can be a friendly social relationship, or at least she may see it more that way than you do. Overall I think you could probably do to relax more around her ?

I could be totally wrong since I cannot read her mind and for a true picture of how she sees you the only way is to ask her...but those are my impressions for what they are worth.

Michellez1

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you!

This really resonates for me! I am really amazed by the way you have distilled the interpretation down to this. What a gift!!! I think I could run with this, I have put a lot of care into be respectful and considerate around boundaries with her. She is a Priest There is often much demand on her and she is a particularly clever mystically oriented, intellectually gifted Priest. She has the presence to help you understand things that heal the soul. It's really sweet for me to think she sees me as a rambunctios little friend. I didn't grow up in the Christian tradition, I am very anti-institution and very in the worldly, non compliant and she really encourages it! - she's part of a religious institution and trying to resist complete institutionalisation. Maybe I offer her something that's hard to find because I can find the right line with boundaries, I'm rambunctios AND considerate and safe. Thanks again, so helpful.
It is good to write your questions and readings down, and to slow the whole process of casting and reflecting. ok, I'll bite: 34.3.5 (58)See's you as a little Ram-bunctious Friend. (but smart enough not to get carried away.) ;)

Michellez1

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much, it's given me something's to reflect on. I think she does see me struggle though less than I did. Interesting to reflect on tying myself in knots. I am going to sit with that and contemplate it a bit. I used to be infatuated but that has passed now. I didn't enjoy it, it was very strong AND I saw it as a part of me that was in pain and longing to be seen and understood so running forward to her seeing her as the answer. Part of me knew it wasn't healthy, the answers are in me. So I held that part as best I could until it naturally let go and feel much more comfortable now. I've healed a lot, feel happy most of the time and I guess I often don't see myself very clearly so yes wanting to see myself but through another's eyes was what i was curious about. To understand my value, she seems to appreciate me and i just wondered why? I think now also from the reflection from Moss Elk, that it is something about me exercising my freedom. I am freer possibly than she is and she loves that freedom. She encourages debate, she loves spiritedness, and unpredictability even though she herself lives in routine and carries a lot of heavy responsibilities as a Priest. Thank you, I will relax now, I can see how my friendship may be a tonic for her.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).