...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 3 uc / little business

Lupemar

visitor
Reaction score
Hi!
Thank you all for your comments which have already helped me a lot.

I usually get terribly worried when I must set a price for an apartment I have upstairs and which I rent in the summer to people I more or less know. Las year, after a lot of thinking and calculating and comparing and thinking of what I myself would be happy to pay, I made a price list which I believe is very reasonable, but .... I always worry people will find it too expensive.
I keep telling myself to go on, that it is the right path.
So, today, after a little worrying about the price I asked a friend of my daughter's, I asked the Yi what I should Know about the whole thing.
I got hexagram 3 unchanging.
And I think it somehow matches what Ching Ching and Hilary say.

Ching Ching : it was for a new project I just started and I had many grand visions for but because I was new at it I didn't really know what I was suppose to do most of the time. But I did keep going. It became bigger than I thought it would. Its almost as if it was just about setting things up well, or very well and that is the predictor of how the 'thing' can expand, the basis, its not a direction but a time to build foundations.

Hilary: Creating a new pattern, something I was brand new to, establishing it, and getting some help for that.

However, I'm not exactly new to this project.

And, about getting help, I can say that a few days ago I asked my daughter, who needs money, (of course) to get in charge of the apartment renting and she is happy to do it, although she can't help much with the prices issue....

Does th Yi say I'm in the right path? Why do I worry?

Thanks again!

minto

visitor
Reaction score
3uc means something is still under development - in a microlevel, I think; it's still very subtle and slow - so you cannot see the changes. I guess you could try asking a more concrete question to gain in-depth, such as the one you make in this thread: Am I on the right path? Or what should I know about this? Or which is the best path to take right now about x?

And/or ask the Iching what does 3uc means in your case. You can also have a look at this thread:
https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...periences-With-Unchanging-Castings-Hexagram-3
You can also have a look at this thread for a better

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I get insight into hexagram 3 when I consider it in light of it's position in the I Ching sequence: First we have hexagram 1. The Creative which can be interpreted as meaning someone putting out an intention, such as, "I have an apartment to rent for $x." Then comes hexagram 2. The Receptive as in people responding to your offer. Hexagram 3 can be considered a combination of 1 and 2 and the Difficulty at The Beginning that comes from uncertainty of whether you should be the one creating - making the offer - or the one responding. Thus it seems to be describing you needing to name a price but your uncertainty as to how a tenant might respond and your openness to hearing a counter offer. Maybe the solution would be for you to name your price and then add "or make me an offer."

You could also ask the IC if the price you are considering is high or low.

3.1 You being uncertain as to what to ask for rent.
3.2 Someone advises you as to what the market will bear and says this is what you should charge and yet... you're not convinced this is how you want to go about doing things.
3.3 But your own guidance is getting you no where.
3.4 You come up with a price that is in the ball park.
3.5 You work something out that seems reasonable to all parties.
3.6 But now do you really want to rent the place out after all...?

Lupemar

visitor
Reaction score
Wow! Thank you so much Minto and Rosada, for this complete insight. you've given me a lot to think about and also keep asking.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).