...life can be translucent

Menu

Simple Relationship Question

S

sitara

My marriage failed 9 years ago and I've been hoping to find a new life partner. I asked the IC if such a thing were possible for me and I received 37.4.5-->30. I am totally perplexed. I think 37 is related to family? Or household members? I live alone. I have no family, brothers or father. Can anyone shed light on this reading?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My marriage failed 9 years ago and I've been hoping to find a new life partner. I asked the IC if such a thing were possible for me and I received 37.4.5-->30. I am totally perplexed. I think 37 is related to family? Or household members? I live alone. I have no family, brothers or father. Can anyone shed light on this reading?

Just because you live alone it seems, by Yi's answers, that you still do very much have a home because in line 4 you are right there in the centre of it, creating a lovely space to be. So in creating your home, your own centre you also cultivate a space where others can be in time perhaps, and ironically you do this best by first really making yourself at home in your home. :)Line 5 suggests you need to experience being sovereign in your home, getting a sense of who you are and where you belong, caring for your own security needs and this naturally brings you to a position where, being on a really secure footing in your home and in yourself you can then see more clearly who is right for you and who belongs 'under the same roof' with you, which need not be literally under the same roof but sharing a life.

Sometimes when people get into relationships at a young age or when they still have a lot of uncertainty about who they are they cannot meet the other from a sort of central stable place within themselves. it just looks to me as if you are developing/have developed now that central place from which to gather with others, even if they haven't appeared yet. I think the 30 also shows oyu probably have a pretty good insight into your current position.

So I feel this reading is more of a snapshot of where you are than a prediction but in any case I do think it is a cast that bodes well for happiness however that comes. So I think you are well placed to become happy yes. :)

S

sitara

Just because you live alone it seems, by Yi's answers, that you still do very much have a home because in line 4 you are right there in the centre of it, creating a lovely space to be. So in creating your home, your own centre you also cultivate a space where others can be in time perhaps, and ironically you do this best by first really making yourself at home in your home. :)Line 5 suggests you need to experience being sovereign in your home, getting a sense of who you are and where you belong, caring for your own security needs and this naturally brings you to a position where, being on a really secure footing in your home and in yourself you can then see more clearly who is right for you and who belongs 'under the same roof' with you, which need not be literally under the same roof but sharing a life.

Sometimes when people get into relationships at a young age or when they still have a lot of uncertainty about who they are they cannot meet the other from a sort of central stable place within themselves. it just looks to me as if you are developing/have developed now that central place from which to gather with others, even if they haven't appeared yet. I think the 30 also shows oyu probably have a pretty good insight into your current position.

So I feel this reading is more of a snapshot of where you are than a prediction but in any case I do think it is a cast that bodes well for happiness however that comes. So I think you are well placed to become happy yes. :)

This is pretty helpful. Really interesting how the IC answers. I had always thought that there had to be a certain predictive aspect to responses to questions: it being an oracle. My question was about the possibility of FUTURE relationships. Thought I'd get a response relating to my future. Hadn't realized responses could be just making commentaries on the current situation at hand. In consulting the Oracle, I think we're all hoping to discover something new about the future or about our destinies. I rarely ask "Tell me about my current situation". I think anyone of us can naturally perceive this without help. So in this way, the IC response is pretty disappointing. :( About Hex 30: For a while now, I've been interpreting it as related to communications such as illuminating calls, letters, or emails. Here, you seem to interpret it as insight. Wonder if everyone out there also sees Hex 30 in this way? In any case, thank you so much for the help today. Very appreciated.
Sitara

Sixth Relative

visitor
Reaction score
This is pretty helpful. Really interesting how the IC answers. I had always thought that there had to be a certain predictive aspect to responses to questions: it being an oracle. My question was about the possibility of FUTURE relationships. Thought I'd get a response relating to my future. Hadn't realized responses could be just making commentaries on the current situation at hand. In consulting the Oracle, I think we're all hoping to discover something new about the future or about our destinies. I rarely ask "Tell me about my current situation". I think anyone of us can naturally perceive this without help. So in this way, the IC response is pretty disappointing. :(

Please take into consideration that what Trojina said is Trojina's opinion. She has a strong believe against using Yijing for prediction. That is a very reasonable and valid aproach, but it's not the only possible. Since it's ancient use until now, "prediction" has been a main purpose of Yijing. That doesn't go along well with a modern western mentality, which rather uses the Yijing for "self reflection" and "self awareness" and that's ok. Being the Classic of Changes, it is not a surprise it's adaptability to a modern culture. But that adaptation doesn't imply it won't work for a more "traditional" approach, including one that reads predictions and omens in its answers.

Now; if you want to read the answer as an omen or prediction, the text of line 5 from the hexagram 37 is very promising: "As a king he approaches his family. Fear not. Good fortune". Using a different method to read the answers, 37zhi30 shows that a possible romantic partner is nowadays as if he is hidden, meaning is out of sight, yet would be able to get of hide in the future, but it could take some time still. So, it seems like yes, it would be possible to find a life partner in the future

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
In consulting the Oracle, I think we're all hoping to discover something new about the future or about our destinies. I rarely ask "Tell me about my current situation". I think anyone of us can naturally perceive this without help. So in this way, the IC response is pretty disappointing.

Well it might be a prediction but we are not totally passive passengers in the vehicle of fate. What happens next will depend on where we are now. The only place I can set out from is the place I stand right now so where I am standing is pretty crucial to what comes next. In that respect I see Yi as more like a map...if I'm in the south of England the possibility of me going to London soon is higher and better than if I were in Malaysia (by and large).

Also you didn't ask Yi for a prediction you asked

My marriage failed 9 years ago and I've been hoping to find a new life partner. I asked the IC if such a thing were possible for me

...'if such a thing were possible'. Asking if something is possible is not asking for a prediction. It certainly looks possible from the reading I would say but I'm not much into giving predictions of this kind. If you want someone who reckons they know your future you need someone else to answer you.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Crossed posts

Please take into consideration that what Trojina said is Trojina's opinion. She has a strong believe against using Yijing for prediction.

That is not true as I have just written, in the crossed post, that it might be a prediction. It is also not true because you have no idea how I use the Yi in my life. Of course Yi can predict things and I have used it predict things for myself and for others so please don't tell other people what I believe when you don't really know.

That is a very reasonable and valid aproach, but it's not the only possible. Since it's ancient use until now, "prediction" has been a main purpose of Yijing. That doesn't go along well with a modern western mentality, which rather uses the Yijing for "self reflection" and "self awareness" and that's ok. Being the Classic of Changes, it is not a surprise it's adaptability to a modern culture. But that adaptation doesn't imply it won't work for a more "traditional" approach, including one that reads predictions and omens in its answers.

Well there's a whole bunch of stereotyping about 'modern western mentality' . :rolleyes: I do not only use Yi for 'self reflection' and 'self awareness' as explained in my last response I see Yi as more like a map, it offers perspective and that perspective may include a glimpse of the future of course and it may include a straight up prediction as I often find.

Now; if you want to read the answer as an omen or prediction, the text of line 5 from the hexagram 37 is very promising: "As a king he approaches his family. Fear not. Good fortune". Using a different method to read the answers, 37zhi30 shows that a possible romantic partner is nowadays as if he is hidden, meaning is out of sight, yet would be able to get of hide in the future, but it could take some time still. So, it seems like yes, it would be possible to find a life partner in the future

Well of course it's possible. There isn't anyone alive, who could with any kind of integrity, say to this woman "no it is not possible to find a life partner". How would that serve her in any positive way and also they'd be playing God by telling her what is and isn't possible when actually they don't know what's possible for her. I find the kind of 'prediction' that takes away all choice and agency from the querent by someone playing God declaring exactly what will happen and when of little value personally but that does not mean at all that I think Yi cannot be used for prediction.

My answer actually says the same as what you are saying....I did say prospects looked good for happiness.

You can leave me to tell people what I believe since I am the one who knows.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

a new life partner. I asked the IC if such a thing were possible for me 37.4.5 > 30

On the matter of if it's possible... your next partner doesn't sound like a 'life partner'.
Or if it does, it will be along the lines of this story:

The cast describes an already established rich family/household.
Then a king (not the husband) approaches this family with 'luuurve'... and takes what he wants.
And 30 shows egocentricity and looking after what's best for one's survival.

So overall I'd say the next possible thing, available for you, is a situation as described.
Don't know which role you would play in that equation.
It's good to be realistic - and if one opportunity is not available right now, just take what is available.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
You asked the I Ching if you might possibly find a new life partner. Yes-or-No questions can be tricky to answer because there are no hexagrams that say specifically "yes" or "no" but we can often get some sense of yay or nay if we try. With your question here I believe the I Ching is telling you that you must create the conditions that would make this more likely to happen because at present you feel very protective of your own space and are not ready to be vulnerable.

Last edited:
S

sitara

Hi
Thank you so much for your comments. Im happy to see this lively exchange. It is all greatly appreciated. As for my reading, if anyone is still interested: Many people interpret Hex 37 freely, others say it concerns our households. I have come to the conclusion that 37 is really about FAMILY, if we have one. That is to say, family who live with us and with whom we share our households.
I believe the I Ching was speaking to me about my husband from whom I am not yet legally divorced. In fact he shortly appeared after this reading even though he has been on assignent in a foreign nation. I still live in our residence, so I think the I Ching was just reminding that, legally, I still have a husband and that my legal husband was soon returning to the household. As for the relating Hex 30, I consider 30 to often indicate communication or telephone calls. Shortly after this reading, I received an SMS via WHATSAPP that he was being sent home for training. As regards the predictive capacity of the I Ching, I do believe it is predictive. What would be the point of an oracle that is not capable of prediction?
Someone wrote Hex 30 indicates egotism or meanness or selfishness. (I forget which) Hmmm. I have NEVER heard such a thing. I consider those comments gratuitous cruelty (!) and wish people on the net would refrain from such ways. On the whole, I'm so appreciative. Best wishes to all.

S

sitara

Meaning to say that the reading seems to be just a very prosaic presentation of the current facts. As I live alone, and we are divorcing and physically separated, I don't really consider myself married. But the reading seems to say that current marriage is still relevant. Sometimes the Ching just states the obvious?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
By the way, Sitara, I think you were hurt by Diamanda's pointing out that 30. issues can imply egotism and you assumed she was implying you were being mean or selfish. I can't speak for Diamanda of course but I don't think that was the intention. I think she was simply trying to dissect and understand the meaning of the hexagram. Hexagram 30 is made up of the trigram for fire doubled and this image suggests two suns, two separate people - two separate egos who don't necessarily interact with each other. (note that the next hexagram is 31. Wooing, which describes the beginning of courtship. Thus 30. is two separate people, 31 is two people starting to become one.)
Now that you have revealed that you are still married (Wow, that's an important part of the puzzle! No wonder Trojina felt to urge you to tell us more of your story for us to be able to give you a useful interpretation!) I think this response from the I Ching is answering your question, "Is it possible for me to find a new life partner?" by telling you that as you are still married and have a partner (37), before it will be possible for you to find a new life partner you must first become single - a separate ego.
Best wishes,
rosada

Last edited:
S

sitara

Thank you Rosada. I WAS a little piqued by Dismanta's comments. I hope there are no hard feeling. There are so many internet drive-bys that you started to reflexively strike back, sometimes inappropriately. Thanks for your thoughtful input. It's very helpful.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Looking again at these hexagrams I'm thinking hexagram 37.4.5 - 30 could be describing a marriage: Family and two people together for mutual support as in "30. the care of the cow brings good fortune." Therefore as a response to your question, "Is it possible for me to find a new partner?" I think the I Ching is describing what you're headed for - what you are looking for, what your attitude is creating - and therefore I say this answer is not so much telling you of an obstacle that must be overcome - the fact that you are still legally married - as it is saying this is what your current thinking/attitude is creating for you - in which case I think the I Ching is answering you in the affirmative.

You mentioned your disappointment that the I Ching may not give us a prediction for the future but instead only gives a "snapshot" of the present, and what's the point of that since we already know where we are in the present? Think of it this way, the future is our present thoughts made manifest. Just starting out in life we tend to think the future is something fated, set in stone. As we gain more experience we tend to recognize the future is our present thoughts made manifest, and the more we recognize this the more we can create our future. Thus what is really helpful is not so much to know our fated future, but to recognize our current thoughts/attitudes that are creating it. Thus, if we wish to know the future, we need to be aware of our present thoughts. Now you'd think knowing your own thoughts should be pretty easy, the truth is we often are oblivious or in denial of our own attitudes and thinking in the present moment. For example, I once asked for a reading on my upcoming wedding. I got the line about a bride and groom going through a ceremony that was devoid of meaning! Pretty awful as a prediction! But as a snapshot of my current thinking it was very helpful because it pointed out to me that I had been visualizing a traditional ceremony which would have been a total dud. I quickly got energized to make the ceremony more personal and the day was a huge success. So if you look at the I Ching as saying, "This is what your current thoughts are manifesting" it's often more helpful than being told, "this is what will inevitably happen."

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).