...life can be translucent

Menu

Set boundaries hexagram 33.2.3>6 and 23.5.6>8

telesfora

visitor
Reaction score
I live in a shared flat. 6 months ago I had an affair with my flatmate who is also the owner of the flat. The affair finished for several reasons. I also wanted to stop it as my flatmate have some emotional up and downs and he can be completely inaccessible. When we were together, I shared my food with him and suggested him to use my room while I am on holiday so he can rent his room to tourists.
The problem is that now that we have nothing but a peaceful flatmate relation and he is seeing a girl, he doesn’t respect my space and personal stuff. After a lot of struggle as he can be easily offended I wrote him a message saying that I need privacy and he said he understood and he was extremely sorry.
I was careful with the message because I don’t want him to be so upset that he dislikes me and tell me to leave the flat.
Now I see on that he is advertising the room exactly the same days I will be on holiday and he again entered my room and took some personal stuff.
I asked:
Should I leave the flat? 33.2.3-6
Is that an emotional retreat or should I really leave?
(By the way it’s difficult to find a new place, so I would love to stay.)

Most importantly: How can I set limits in the most friendly way? 23.5.6-8
Seems that it is quite positive, that we can find a solution. But how? Is there any practical advice in this reading?

I would be very thankful to hear your opinion.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Should I leave the flat? 33.2.3-6
Is that an emotional retreat or should I really leave?

You asked about leaving right?
I mean you asked about really leaving.
Don't you think the answer is about really leaving?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
...we have nothing but a peaceful flatmate relation and he is seeing a girl, he doesn’t respect my space and personal stuff.
No, you don't have a peaceful flatmate relation, you have a situation where the guy is not respecting you, your space, or your stuff.

telesfora

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your reply. I started to look around for another flat.

telesfora

visitor
Reaction score
Update: I haven’t found a new flat. Finally I talked to my flatmate about what I needed as privacy, he was perplexed and he kind of said that he understood. I also felt very uncomfortable. But he told me that he is thinking about moving to a studio. So it might be him who is leaving which is good news.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).