...life can be translucent

Menu

How to get the most from sharing a reading

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
There are some lovely people here who'll help you understand your reading. Here's how you can make it easier for them to help you:

Share...
  1. some background and context for your reading - enough for people to understand what it's about.
  2. the question you asked, word for word.
  3. the answer Yi gave. (Our favourite format is like this: '27.2.5 to 61'.)
  4. your own feelings and thoughts about the answer.
And ask for feedback!

Then when you've read people's responses, please share your thoughts and update people on how it plays out. If you've browsed/searched the archives here you will know that these updates are what really make the forum a treasure - and besides, it's a kindness to the people who responded to you.

Please don't miss out step 4! As Trojina said (emphasis added),

Trojina said:
As you say what you think and feel it opens the gates to the reading as it were. The reading is addressed to your mind so if you share your sense of the reading, the reading is actually more open for everyone to get a feel for it. No experience is needed to do this. All you have to do is read the text and the lines and just write down what comes to mind in how it might relate to your situation.

Update:

A further request/ suggestion: if you phrase your thread title as 'Question: reading' (eg 'What if I contact him? 59.6>29') then this will make it a) easier for people to see if they have an idea that can help you and b) more useful in the hexagram search results pages.

Thank you!

Last edited:

SimonMagus

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, I am glad to have joined up. I have been using the I Ching (Wilhelm) on and off for 40 years but entirely on my own. I am an autodidact! I am looking forward to interacting with this group.

Nature

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Hilary. I have be viewing the site for awhile. Taking the plunge to join! ��

Nature

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Hilary. I have be viewing the site for awhile. Taking the plunge to join!

F

fatima1977

Hi! I am so confused... I came back after a while and I can't find my messages and previous posts. Could you help me? :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Click on your name in one of your posts and you will get to a box where you see your name again. Click on your name again and you will see a box labelled 'find' with an arrow by the side. If you click that arrow you can find all your posts and threads.

Arosban

visitor
Reaction score
There are some lovely people here who'll help you understand your reading. Here's how you can make it easier for them to help you:

Share...
  1. some background and context for your reading - enough for people to understand what it's about.
And ask for feedback!

Then when you've read people's responses, please share your thoughts and update people on how it plays out. If you've browsed/searched the archives here you will know that these updates are what really make the forum a treasure - and besides, it's a kindness to the people who responded to you.

Update:

A further request/ suggestion: if you phrase your thread title as 'Question: reading' (eg 'What if I contact him? 59.6>29') then this will make it a) easier for people to see if they have an idea that can help you and b) more useful in the hexagram search results pages.

Thank you!
My question was not the seeking for diamonds in the nether or romantic distraction, but one where my life is btwn sabotaged influences in the corporeal plane and quite feasibly under the attack of malignant entity et Al.

Hatand

Inactive
Reaction score

Share...
And ask for feedback!

Update:

Thank you!
People will be happy if reading is compatible for them

Silberfee

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for the instructions. I am sure that I will learn a lot here

Silberfee

Milena17

visitor
Reaction score
Ci sono delle persone adorabili qui che ti aiuteranno a capire la tua lettura. Ecco come puoi rendere più semplice il loro aiuto:

Condividere...
  1. un po' di background e contesto per la tua lettura, sufficienti affinché le persone capiscano di cosa si tratta.
  2. la domanda che hai posto, parola per parola.
  3. la risposta che ha dato Yi. (Il nostro formato preferito è questo: da '27.2.5 a 61'.)
  4. i tuoi sentimenti e pensieri riguardo alla risposta.
E chiedi feedback!

Quindi, dopo aver letto le risposte delle persone, condividi i tuoi pensieri e aggiorna le persone su come va a finire . Se hai sfogliato/cercato negli archivi qui, saprai che questi aggiornamenti sono ciò che rende davvero il forum un tesoro - e inoltre, è una gentilezza verso le persone che ti hanno risposto.

Per favore, non perdere il passaggio 4! Come ha detto Trojina (il corsivo è mio),

Aggiornamento:

Un'ulteriore richiesta/suggerimento: se esprimi il titolo del thread come "Domanda: lettura" (ad esempio "E se lo contattassi? 59.6>29") allora questo renderà a) più facile per le persone vedere se hanno un'idea che può aiutarti eb) più utile nelle pagine dei risultati di ricerca dell'esagramma.

Grazie!

Milena17

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you! and I hope that from being self-taught I can become an expert connoisseur of Yi

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).