...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 60 => Hex 29, line 1 changing - applying for a new job

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone! So here it is, I've asked about whether should I apply for an open position in a more demanding corporate job. I am currently working as a contractor for the same company, but only through an agency. The position has opened which offers significantly better salary but also more stress and more responsibilities. Also, which I believe is important, I don't really agree with everything this company does on a 'moral standpoint' - it is a social media company and some of its policies that I am already 'forced to enforce' are against my current beliefs. Also, if succeeded I would be put into a team with at least 3 people, from which one likes me, one probably won't like me (initial feeling) and one is somewhat on the neutral/doesn't like me side. Initially I was thinking about changing the workplace for something better mostly due to economic reasons and not being able to develop myself too much on my current position. I got hexagrams 60 changing into 29 - the interpretation is then very bad, that it's going to be a bad move etc. This is somewhat surprising as even with all the obstacles mentioned, I believed that I could 'blend in' with time. What are your thoughts on this?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
So, You want to blend in with people that you find morally repugnant?
The best you could hope for would be 36-ish.

From personal experience, I would advise against it. You won't change them. They will change you. Or you'll end up an alcoholic to drown out your conscience.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Something else maybe to consider, with the understanding that this isn't anything that can be proved? The primary hexagram - the basic answer, what you have to work with - is 60, about limits, measures, boundaries. The relating hexagram is 29, Chasms, deep pits. The relating hexagram can mean different things, one of which is how you "relate" to the situation, maybe how it feels to you.

So maybe a possibility is that it feels to you as if this job would drag you deep into chasms and swallow you. You're thinking very "deeply" (another hexagram 29 thing) about it. But 29 wasn't your answer - your answer was 60, about boundaries and limits.

The overall message might be that if you can "stay in your own room," figuratively speaking, you can avoid being sucked in too deeply, and the job will be okay? If you can keep your job in its proper place, as just a job, not your life?

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Should emphasize the "if" part - Yi might be saying "if" you can approach it that way, it might be good for you (nuclear hexagram is 27, Nourishment). Something like, "Here's how you might be able to make a success of this...60.1." But if you can't, it might feel 29-ish.

(A couple possibilities for 27, perhaps? "Nourishment" in the sense of paying better, and maybe also good for your resume?)

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Should emphasize the "if" part - Yi might be saying "if" you can approach it that way, it might be good for you (nuclear hexagram is 27, Nourishment). Something like, "Here's how you might be able to make a success of this...60.1." But if you can't, it might feel 29-ish. (A couple possibilities for 27, perhaps? "Nourishment" in the sense of paying better, and maybe also good for your resume?)
Thanks for your answer.. Forgive me for basic questions but isn't the first hexagram depicting present time /situation "as it is" right now and the second one - the possible future outcome? Also could you explain what's the nuclear hexagram?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
MrKind,

If you do not join them, you will be Limiting (60) the Danger (29).
Your reading says to avoid the troubles that you already know you would face.
And that there is No Blame in that.

Never be ashamed of a question.
No, the related hexagram is definitely Not the future.
The most experienced Yi students will confirm that for you.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, as Moss Elk said, the relating hexagram isn't the future. (Well, I suppose we should say it isn't most of the time. "Never say never," probably.)

For more information, the best place to go is Hilary's free beginners' course.

The nuclear hexagram is the hexagram formed with lines 2-3-4-3-4-5. It's the hidden core or seed in the reading. I'm trying to think if Hilary's written any introductory materials on the nuclear hexagram...um...maybe this one to start with?

Don't worry about that too much, though. It's much more important to think about the reading in simpler terms for a while - the primary and relating hexagrams, and the moving line. Your basic answer will always come from there. The rest is more like flavor or added context.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think the way Hilary might explain why the 2nd hexagram isn't the future (paraphrasing makes me nervous, but I've seen her say similar things elsewhere) -

You asked Yi for advice and it gave you 60.1 > 29. So if the primary hexagram and the moving line are the advice, and IF the 2nd hexagram is the future, what would that mean for you? That if you follow the advice Yi gave you, you'll end up in "Danger" and "Chasms"?

That doesn't make sense, so the 2nd hexagram can't be the future.

Last edited:

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all for replies, very valuable!Well, the way I was reading it was that my present situation (60) was that I know my external demands and that I should face them by sacrificing my free time and start working harder than I am now (thus the limitation - I should limit the stuff that would not allow me to progress in this more demanding job)..and then 29 which basically says that in the future I won't be happy with this work because it would be too corporate-ish, too limiting, and too demanding in terms of stress and all that. I was in the past working in a high-stress level corporate environment and I did not fancied it... But I agree, somehow I am interested in this mostly from the economic standpoint , and not like "hell yeah, thats the job I want to do!"

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).