...life can be translucent

Menu

Line 6 of Hexagram 2

O

oceangirl

The battle of the dragons in the wild and the blood being black and yellow - it made me think today of the Solar Plexus Chakra which is the colour yellow and represents the flight or fight response.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If 1.6 is where the creative over steps the edges of his power then 2.6 might be where the receptive wants to go and on and on being open to receive. My thoughts on 2.6 have all stemmed from Hilary's comments on the line in her book where she sees the openness to all possibilities, the great carrying strength of 2 reaching a point of inertia by line 6, which is an inertia born of conflict through resisting a specific direction in favour of being permanently open to all seeds of change/directions that might come.

Imagine having an empty day to do with whatever one wants. It's all open for you to plant that day as you wish. Then you get several invitations and you don't want to turn down any of them, you want to stay at that point where everything was potentially possible. Then you get stuck in indecision , you aren't willing to let go of one thing in order to do another.

In a relationship maybe someone might want to just keep things open beyond the point where the whole thing needs consummation. So I see 2.6 as a time where it really is time for the receptive to receive a direction, to receive fertilization in order to grow into something but she doesn't and so these primal energies are at deadlock, energy drains away. Just like at a certain point in the empty 'field' of the day a direction must be chosen for anything to happen at all.

The solar plexus is where we receive energies from others, their moods and feelings and so on. Have you ever noticed how often people place a cushion (if at home) or a bag in front of their solar plexus when in conversation ? We instinctively know that somehow this is the chakra that is absorbing everything from others and naturally try to protect ourselves. We are also giving out (I think) from this area. You mentioned the fight/flight response, possibly connected to what is happening in line 6 ?

Could be because for the receptive to actually receive, take a direction, join with the creative to grow something, become something, neither fight nor flight is the appropriate response yet here the dragons do fight. It's the time where all possibilities must narrow because the seed has arrived. The ovum can't stay receptive to all sperm. One makes it and then the rest leave. I probably shouldn't linger on that analogy...but talking of seeds, well of course the fan yao is 23.6

But here is a Blog post on 2.6 about constellations as dragons

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/answers/2016/09/11/dragons-fight-hexagram-2/

....from that link
So the dragons fight: one for the persistence of winter stillness, the other for the return of spring.

In my book I drew on experience to suggest that one of the dragons was fighting for the earth quality of openness to all possibilities – to the point of ‘sheer inertia, resisting the creative impulse that would give a new and specific shape to things.’ (I also unfortunately betrayed embarrassing ignorance by calling it an ‘earth dragon’… ah, well…) These celestial dragons seem to fit the same idea: if the winter-dragon won (calling it a yin dragon as Pankenier does is anachronistic), the earth would stay quiet and open, spring would not come and nothing would grow. Quiescent potential vs active growth: in practice, 2.6 can mean someone is digging in her heels against changing times, against having something definite happen.

I find the zhi gua (23) and fan yao (23.6) of this line pretty interesting too. 23 is Stripping Away, the last of the old solid lines leaving the field of open lines. It’d be hard to talk about this in readings without mentioning clearing the ground for planting – which is also an agricultural task for the cusp of spring.

And the fan yao:

‘A ripe fruit uneaten.
Noble one gets a cart,
Small people strip their huts.’

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I'd offer that the Earth Dragon is acting in a way far outside the meaning of hexagram 2. The battle with the Sky Dragon is because the Earth Dragon is demanding to be leader, when it should be subordinate.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Being open and receptive to receive direction does not translate to 'subordinate' IMO.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Subordinate in the sense of Leader and Assistant.

Not in any sense of 'superiority' or 'inferiority'.

O

oceangirl

Super interesting - thankyou. I think we all over moments where one is the Leader in relations and then we become the Assistant/Follower - no not necessarily subordinate just saves the argument and brings about the open to receiving - we don't have to be right we just have to find resolution that's fair or maybe the best thing to do at the given time to achieve success.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).