...life can be translucent

Menu

Big Dog

S

sitara

I've been considering adopting a very big dog who's only a year old. I've almost decided to adopt him so I cast asking about how things would turn out for us. Surprisingly, I got 37-->36. I am flummoxed by this result.
Line 5
'The king enters his own home.
Do not worry. Good fortune.'

Line 6
'With truth and confidence like authority.
In the end, good fortune.'

Line 5 and 6 are auspicious but 36 is a disturbing result. 'Brightness hidden.
Constancy in hardship bears fruit.'

I hate to encounter the word "hardship" for a young dog. I'm wondering if this indicates he would be unhappy or wouldn't get enough exercise?

Or maybe its talking about home life? Does anyone have an inkling of what this might mean? Thank in advance for any info shared.

T

Thinkclear

Sometimes a different translation can give you a different insight. Try LiSe's translation for the Yi ;)
Her translation of hex 36 is Brightness and Leveling, already sounds different doesn't it?

In this translation my interpretation of the whole would be that things will turn out right as long as you are strict with the dog, so that it knows its place in your family.

S

sitara

Hi Thinkclear. Thanks for your response. Sorry for my late reply. My phone went kaput shortly after I posted this, so there was no way to post for quite a while, I followed your advice and checked out Lise once again. I like her site and admire her work. I used to use her service quite a bit but had stopped around a year ago. I stopped consulting there because I found that her interpretations, while sometimes refreshing, seem to sometimes obscure the I Ching for me rather than clarify it.
This is what I got when I looked up Hex 36:
Hiding Brightness. Fruitful to determine about difficulties.
The great image says: Brightness enters into the earth : hiding brightness. The noble one governs the masses using darkness and also brightness.
After my phone broke, I have been unable to locate the man offering the dog. I have no telephone number for him and all the SMS' are lost. Maybe 36 refers to the sad dissappearance of this wonderful opportunity, I still can't say that I understand this reading. But thank you for the help. I hope you have a great day.
Sitara

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).