...life can be translucent

Menu

What is this dream telling me: 37.1 -> 53

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I had a dream about a former friend who called me out of the blue. I don't remember her exact words, but it was joyful to hear from her, but also made me anxious. In the dream, I then was at her house, and two childhood buddies of mine were talking to her, but I just sat nearby and listened. I was also wary of her parents (I think that's who they were) who were nearby.

I was anxious, because in real life before I purposefully stopped talking to my friend, I had become quite obsessed with her and feelings between us got a bit intense (i.e. we liked each other a lot!), and though nothing happened, it made things difficult between my wife and I understandably, so that's why I broke off the friendship. Although that was years ago, I have never made contact again, because I feel (& fear) the intensity would pick back up right where it left off.

So I asked the IC what was the dream trying to tell me? I got 37.1 ->53. I figured the dream had to do with communication but on more than one level perhaps. My former friend is very creative--a writer & singer--whereas I've been going through writer's block in recent months. So I wondered whether the dream had transformed my creative subconscious into my friend and was about me getting over my creative block. My two other friends in the dream are very talented cartoonist & comedian; hence they're easy talking with her vs my reluctance to participate and only listen in.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Compass

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hey there

My take on vivid dreams is that in general that they are a release of some description, that is simply my personal take on dreams. The release could be about anything sexual, anger, etc etc. In this case in accordance with line 1 I feel you are just setting things in order with yourself ( your house). So I think its basically your mind just trying set things right. Maybe just letting yourself know its not the end of the world. To me the line is about setting order.

Steve

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was anxious, because in real life before I purposefully stopped talking to my friend, I had become quite obsessed with her and feelings between us got a bit intense (i.e. we liked each other a lot!), and though nothing happened, it made things difficult between my wife and I understandably, so that's why I broke off the friendship. Although that was years ago, I have never made contact again, because I feel (& fear) the intensity would pick back up right where it left off.

So I asked the IC what was the dream trying to tell me? I got 37.1 ->53.

I tend to think the feelings in the dream are the key to the message, if there is one, of the dream. What you describe, that you felt anxious I think is the anxiety about feelings for her that are still there. Yi's answer is perfect of course. From Hilary's translation

With barriers, there is a home.
Regrets vanish

No one can be safe at home without walls. Walls are a metaphor for all kinds for limitations that serve to protect a person. A child doesn't feel quite safe without boundaries. Your marriage isn't safe without boundaries which you yourself erected to protect it. I think Yi is affirming that your boundaries are good, there is no need to be anxious.

I figured the dream had to do with communication but on more than one level perhaps. My former friend is very creative--a writer & singer--whereas I've been going through writer's block in recent months. So I wondered whether the dream had transformed my creative subconscious into my friend and was about me getting over my creative block. My two other friends in the dream are very talented cartoonist & comedian; hence they're easy talking with her vs my reluctance to participate and only listen in.

What do you think ?

Well it is your dream so you must decide what it means but for me, given what you have said about the friend I reckon the dream is to do with the feelings that still arise in you and also your desire to communicate again.

I think you can communicate again if your 'barriers' are good which Yi says they are.

I wondered if you do actually want to talk to her, that would be the joy in the dream, but are afraid, anxious about where it might lead. Hence you are just looking on. I see her parents there as symbols of her own morality in the situation, her protectors in the dream. Looking at Wilhelm's translation her there with her parents is well described

'Firm seclusion within the family.
Remorse disappears.'

So I think there is this tension, understandably, where you both want to see her and are afraid to.

I'd see it as a possibility that at some point you can see her again and it will be okay. Any feelings of intensity won't be such a threat where your barriers keep you safe.

tubinluv

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think Steve and Trojina had given very good insights. My take about dreams is it's something deeply in your subconscious mind that is surfacing which can mean many things and in my experience, it can be a message, a warning or something that's bothering you although you don't really think about it but subconsciously, it's still there.

You mentioned in your dream, you were joyful to hear from her but were also anxious. I like Trojina's interpretation about the parents as the morality of the situation. I think 37.1 is perhaps saying that you may feel guilty about breaking up the relationship but you did it with well intention, you've established a grounded moral to prevent any potential misunderstanding, so you should not feel bad about this (remorse disappears), IMHO.

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, Steve, Trojina, and tubinluv, your feedback has been very helpful and felt very on the money. I really enjoy looking at dreams and am much better at understanding other people's dreams than my own, though I have come to recognize some common symbols in my dreams, and that these symbols work on so many levels at once. Telephone calls, like the one in the dream from my friend, are usually from my higher self and/or my subconscious, as you all have picked up, so yes it's about creativity, but also about my feelings for my friend--thank you for pointing that out.

I have felt so many emotions over the years about this situation: joy for the connection; guilt at having ended the friendship and for causing my wife distress; anxiety about the possibility of speaking to my friend again; but also desire to speak to her again, to reconnect, because the connection was very deep and meaningful. Often I have felt there was a purpose for the connection in the first place, but because I didn't put these 37.1 boundaries in place originally, I got overwhelmed by the feelings ... and they might do so again. I think I have to get past that fear, and also realize that people move on--she is more than likely not in the same place (it has been 8 years!). Also, it's recognizing the deep bond my wife & I share and not taking it for granted or throwing all that away, as I've seen others do (like my own parents).

When I've asked IC about this friend and our relationship previously, I've gotten, on various occasions 54 and 18 and 44, so I've known not to act rash but to be centered and still. I guess I've been seeking closure ... or feeling that our work together isn't done in this lifetime, and perhaps it's waiting for the right circumstances to complete it, like maintaining 'good barriers', and letting go of the guilt and remorse.

Thank you again for your thoughts.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).