...life can be translucent

Menu

Looking for new work?

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
At my current job the situation is very grim. Toxic environment, a lot of unhealthy people. As contractors, we were moved to a new building so we aren't sharing the good location and great facilities with the company owners anymore. Politics and lack of real talent (everybody decent left before the move) plus gossipers and "badmouthers" make it a bleak place for the future. Initially I was planning to seriously start looking for a new job from January, 2018 because I spent several months saving money so that I was able to move to my own place. This job contains almost no stress (from the work itself) so I planned to "have a little bit of relax" and just enjoy myself through November and December as a reward for my monk-mode living earlier. However, it would be good to leave this sinking ship soon. I asked I Ching about whether I should start looking for it now, or wait until Jan as planned. Here are my answers:Looking for it now? 22Waiting until January as planned? 22.1.2.3>4Well, not really happy to get Hex 4, but maybe there's some hidden meaning in it? My inner feelings are that I really need those planned time to unwind and have some fun during Christmas period this year and I don't know how looking for job and going for interviews or even starting a new job would influence it. What would you suggest? PS. I hope I wrote the results correctly this time ;)

tubinluv

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear MrKind,

I'm not really experienced in interpreting for others, but in my humble opinion, you can keep our eyes open for opportunities now
(22 UC - Wilhelm/Baynes:Grace has success. In small matters it is favorable to undertake something) and wait until Jan to seriously looking for a new job.

It looks like 22.1 is saying that you'll have resources to do so, 22.2 advises that you should pay attention to something more substantial rather than merely ornamental and 22.3 is an auspicious line, if you persevere, good fortune will follow. I'm not sure about hex 4, but what comes in my mind is to be mindful of the ignorance as described in 22.2

Wish you all the best!

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Dear MrKind,I'm not really experienced in interpreting for others, but in my humble opinion, you can keep our eyes open for opportunities now (22 UC - Wilhelm/Baynes:Grace has success. In small matters it is favorable to undertake something) and wait until Jan to seriously looking for a new job.It looks like 22.1 is saying that you'll have resources to do so, 22.2 advises that you should pay attention to something more substantial rather than merely ornamental and 22.3 is an auspicious line, if you persevere, good fortune will follow. I'm not sure about hex 4, but what comes in my mind is to be mindful of the ignorance as described in 22.2Wish you all the best!
Thank you so much! I hope for the best, too! This is somehow exactly what I am doing now, sending out my resumes when I see something really interesting but I don't spend like 3-4 hours on deep offers search like I usually do when seriously looking for work.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
"22.2 advises that you should pay attention to something more substantial rather than merely ornamental "- I am not sure how to interpret this, is it about choosing work that might be for a 'less renowned' company (or less known) but it will provide a long term stable place to work for instead of some big corporation where I probably won't be happy anyway?

tubinluv

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think that when applying or getting an offer from a company, you may want to weigh the pros and cons (which I'm sure you'll do that anyway), what crosses my mind with 22.2:
1- Not to look at the superficial level, and yes, one example would be what you just mentioned, or may be the salary could be higher or the title/position may be impressive but may be it's not good for long term. I have friends that used to work for a company that when they got big contracts, they would hire a lot of people but when the contracts are ending and if they don't have any new contracts lined up then they'll let people go without hesitation.
2- On the other hand, 22.2 could mean that you may want to "impress" your interviewers either with your attire, your knowledge about the company and the position you're applying for by doing some homework.

Just food for thought. Wishing you all the best!

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, the overall situation in my current workplace is not improving anytime soon so I will be slowly moving towards the search now.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).