...life can be translucent

Menu

30,4 >22: What can I do to be ready for a new relatioship

S

sitara

Hi:
I've been hoping to have a loving partnership, but fear that I'm stagnating in some alternative state that doesn't permit intimacy. I asked the I Ching: What can I do to become ready for a new relationship and I got 30.4 becoming 22.

Hexagram 30, Clarity
Oracle
'Clarity. Constancy bears fruit.
Creating success.
Raising female cattle is good fortune.'

The ancient Chinese character for Clarity shows a flying bird, and a net to capture it. Birds are messengers; this one represents flashes of insight, the way things can light up and shine out clearly. We weave a net of concepts to grasp the message and hold its meaning in awareness. This is not passive seeing, but a meeting of outer and inner light.

Seeing the truth and holding to it with constancy bears fruit. Then the moment of insight can become lasting awareness, so that we enter into creative communication with the signs and messages around us, and truly see other people.

Just as a bright light needs fuel, such a level of attention and understanding demands a great deal of energy. Female cattle represent the reserves of strength that sustain awareness, along with a quiet willingness for that strength to be used and guided. They would be the support of an old farming culture, providing both food and power so that the people could develop a higher culture and a better understanding of their world.

So take care of your cattle, and build up your reserves. As well as paying attention to what you see, nurture your capacity to see; cultivate the part of you that shelters and nourishes new insight.

'Doubled light gives rise to Clarity.
Great People with continuous light illuminate the four regions.'

Changing Lines
Line 4
'Sudden, it comes,
Burns,
Dies,
Thrown out.'

Hexagram 22, Beauty
I have trouble understanding Hex 30. i always think it indicates communication, such as telephone calls. Sometimes I thnk it refers to insight. So I wonder if in this case it refers to some telephone call that I may have received which wnet no where.

Line 4
'Sudden, it comes,
Burns,
Dies,
Thrown out.'

For me this line is one of the worse the Oracle can give you. Something that comes but which then burns out? Seems to indicate loss and uselessness.

As for 22? Does this mean that I should spruce up my appearance? Start getting facials and having my hair done? or is an indication of courtship? I mention these two areas because for me 22 usually refers either to personal appearance or courtship. There's probably much more but i dont see it personally. That's all I get from this reading. I wonder if there is anyone out there who has had a concrete experience with 30 that might be relevant and/or illuminating in this case. Thanks in advance.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Could it be that you are relatively quickly fascinated by someone of interest but tend to lose interest rapidly as well?

S

sitara

That is so interesting. So you think that 30 might be referring to my interest or consciousness (of )? or maybe you are suggesting that in general I quickly gain and then lose interest in men. Which is not the case. Basically, whenever, I see attractive men and wonder about the possibilities, I just can't seem to imagine it going any further.
Walking home the other day a really young guy approached me and I was in a very good mood. So when he asked, I gave him my number (which I never do) just out of being in a good mood. Definitely I was absolutely uninterested in him and after one call to me, he never called me back. When I threw for him I got some permutation of 54, which I took as the I Ching saying "Are you kidding me?" No way. So.
Nothing else on the horizon. So although I like your theory, I just don't see how it could apply to such a one as me. But thanks so much.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Your welcome! It wasn't a theory yet, it just read like you possibly tend to attract "straw fires" and I thought maybe that is because you are the one losing interest easily...
You said "I just can't seem to imagine it going any further". Your "fear that I'm stagnating in some alternative state that doesn't permit intimacy" is worth to examine, I think, via the I-Ching. Maybe that fear is the crucial point.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I agree that the interaction with the fellow who called you once and then zilch seems to fit well with your hexagram 30.4 - hexagram 22 reading. Perhaps you are being told that as part of your preparation for partnership you may experience a few non-starters. Like the saying goes, "You have to kiss a lot of toads before you meet the prince." Anyway, I would consider this a good omen - a sign you are entering a phase where you will be noticing others more and others will be noticing you.

We have a New Moon in Libra today which is the sign of partnership so ordinarily one would see this as beginning a month where committed relationships are accentuated. However, the planet of freedom and independence and upset - Uranus - is in Aries exactly opposing the Sun and New Moon and this portends relationships and agreements for the next 28 days may be exciting but brief - totally 30.4!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I agree that the interaction with the fellow who called you once and then zilch seems to fit well with your hexagram 30.4 - hexagram 22 reading. Perhaps you are being told that as part of your preparation for partnership you may experience a few non-starters. Like the saying goes, "You have to kiss a lot of toads before you meet the prince." Anyway, I would consider this a good omen - a sign you are entering a phase where you will be noticing others more and others will be noticing you.

I like rosadas answer more than mine. But it would be interesting to ask yourself if your fear of "stagnating in some alternative state that doesn't permit intimacy" is a result of this experience of "non-starter(s)", or was there before, because if was there before, it would be good to think about it/ work on it, since a discouraged attitude is of course always an obstacle in love matters. That's what I wanted to say with my answer before. If it is a result of this experience, I also would take it more lightheartedly then. And yes, 30.4 in your context sounds more descriptive than predictive.

S

sitara

Hi
I am so grateful for the responses here. It does wonder for low self esteem. And a lot can come from opening up sometimes. Then little slivers of light seem to come in and uplift us. Anyway. That man seized my hand, and I truly felt something real. I felt, I can love again. Those butterflies in your stomach feelings that are so amazing and delicious. Then I said « No way, not here on a dark street. Not with some stranger. » So I just killed it off. Wham. I guess I was afraid of acting out of love starvation or something. But it really was that old familiar feeling. Real. Just stunning. And the I Ching caught that somehow. That why I’m entranced by it. These mystical snapshots the Oracle manages to take.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).