...life can be translucent

Menu

50,1,2>30

S

SHONNA_D

Will we ever be together again? (I mean with my ex partner)
Hexagram 50 changing lines 1 and 2 to hexagram 30

Line 1 Removal of stagnating staff.
Line 2 The cauldron has nice food.

Hexagram 30: Clarity, care of the cow. Separation.

I would like to believe that the answer shows that we will manage to remove the stagnating staff of our relationship and cook new 'food' together but I think the answer shows that one of us will have a new relationship. The truth is I don't believe that I will have a new one, so I believe he will have a new girlfriend.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
50.1 refers to actually getting rid of some one. (not the problems between them)

The sovereign takes a concubine so a child (heir) can be produced,
that his current wife cannot.
Start from scratch.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
50.2 and then you will be as strong as not to be influenced by your partner's negativity?

S

SHONNA_D

Thank you both.
Olga we don't have a relationship anymore.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and that’s when negativity is most likely to burst!
Anyway it says you won’t be touched by their rotten or depression feelings

S

SHONNA_D

Actually, I have depression and he is the reason.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Your post is full of those characters now like $£%%***

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
50.1 refers to actually getting rid of some one. (not the problems between them)

Do you mean this generally or is it just your opinion in regard to this particular person's reading ?

If you mean it generally I can't agree. The stagnating stuff to get rid of does not always have to be a person.

Hilary's translation

'The Vessel with upended feet.
Fruitful to get the blockage out.
Taking a concubine for her child,
Not a mistake.'

It signifies taking rather drastic or unusual methods for the sake of the desired end result. You have to tip the cauldron upside down to get the old stuff out. You have to take the concubine so there can be a son. That doesn't mean either the ting or the wife are gotten rid of.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I have depression and he is the reason.
Depression is a serious condition, and no one is the cause for that except your response to things.

Here it says your companions are afflicted but you are not touched by this affliction. So it looks like you have a sort of protective element on you.

I don’t know if all this says anything to you

When I get this line I find I can well manage although I have complaining or nasty people around!

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Do you mean this generally or is it just your opinion in regard to this particular person's reading ?
Just meant generally.
Could be refering to her ridding her insides of him.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
50.1 Seems to me to be pointing out that continuing to hang on to this relationship is causing you to feel depressed, even physically ill, and that there is a need to have a total cleansing. Wash that man right out of your hair!

50.2 Says there is absolutely nothing wrong with you and indeed your ex may come to feel unhappy that he let things fall apart - but that doesn't indicate reuniting. More like,"Living well is the best revenge!"

30. Describes two separate flames, two independent people.

The I Ching seems to be saying that you must stop focusing on the past and concerning yourself with this man. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you and eventually he will come to realize this but that doesn't mean you will get back together.

I think it means that if there is to be any hope of a reconciliation you must first experience yourself as strong and complete on your own - but when you do you may decide you don't want to be partners after all.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
30. Clarity is an interesting hexagram to study. It is made up of two fire trigrams which suggest one sun followed by another sun, thus one person, unique and independent, followed by another equally independent person. The suns trigrams also suggest one single day followed by another day and how one day following another leads to Clarity. The Judgement says "perseverance furthers, it brings success" meaning that in order to have clarity one must persevere, must continue for more than one day. Then when we have repeated something several times, it becomes clear what is important and needs to be taken care of, as in finally realizing it is the "care of the cow [that] brings good fortune."
Looking at the lines we see this idea in six stages:
30.1 The beginning of the day.
We wake up and things are confused, the footprints are crisscrossed. So no
clarity at the start of what the day will bring but if one pays attention there is the possibility of things clearing up.
30.2 The day itself. I think of quotes like "Be here now." and
"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift so we call it The Present."

In a relationship you might say those two lines indicate the people don't know each other well but had a good first date.

30.3 The end of the day.
Sounds like the date was a one night stand. Being sad or even celebrating is inappropriate. Better to be planning (taking care of the cow) for tomorrow.
Also suggests that those who are sad don't realize there will be more days to come.

30.4 Another day. Now we start to realize how quickly the days come and go.
30.5 Now we've had enough experiences - enough "days" - to have something to talk about at the end of the day - not just moan as in 30.3. Sharing our stories of failure and triumph brings us all together.
30.6 All this experience can be put to good use because now we have the clarity to know what to eliminate and what can be tolerated.

So 30 seems to be saying, as far as relationships are concerned, we can't tell if something is real or important at the beginning. It's only over time that things reveal their true nature.

Last edited:
S

SHONNA_D

50.1 Seems to me to be pointing out that continuing to hang on to this relationship is causing you to feel depressed, even physically ill, and that there is a need to have a total cleansing. Wash that man right out of your hair!

50.2 Says there is absolutely nothing wrong with you and indeed your ex may come to feel unhappy that he let things fall apart - but that doesn't indicate reuniting. More like,"Living well is the best revenge!"

30. Describes two separate flames, two independent people.

The I Ching seems to be saying that you must stop focusing on the past and concerning yourself with this man. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you and eventually he will come to realize this but that doesn't mean you will get back together.

I think it means that if there is to be any hope of a reconciliation you must first experience yourself as strong and complete on your own - but when you do you may decide you don't want to be partners after all.

Rosada your interpretation seems to be very accurate.
The truth is that our breakup was his fault. Our relationship was a mistake, it was a very bad timing. I was ready he wasn't.

I absolutely agree about line 1 it is clear that advices me to get rid of the old staff of the past.
I am not sure about line 2. I had this line before and it was referred to a new relationship.
So why I believe it might be my new relationship or his new relationship.

Looking back my archive I noticed that I have received the same answer when I asked after our breakup what will be the result between us. interesting.

Last edited:
S

SHONNA_D

Interesting that I found this post of mine.
I have received this combination many times the last months.

Months ago, I asked: Will my next relationship lead to marriage? 50,1,2>30
Recently, I feel so confused with the answers I have received about my ex. So I just told to Iching: I'm confused 50,1,2>30

I am still wondering what means. Get rid of the old staff? Get rid of the blockage that separate us so as to have new food (50.2) together?

Really, I don't know but this is one of the casts that I have received a lot of times.

S

SHONNA_D

We never get back together.
So I am wondering what the line 50.2 means.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
So I am wondering what the line 50.2 means.

Maybe that this situation which was very painful, still can't destroy your "inner core" in an irreversible way: your values, your trust in life, your ability to love, only to name a few qualities.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Or said in other words: You won't get bitter and therefore still will have a mindset that allows you to open up to (new) encounters.

S

SHONNA_D

I am afraid that the answer showed that he will have another girlfriend, so why I have received a lot of '54' for us.
Of course after our last argument I told him for one more time that he has another girlfriend and he refused it!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Of course after our last argument I told him for one more time that he has another girlfriend and he refused it!

Sorry SHONNA, but if I were this guy, I'd ran.

How would you feel if somebody told you an alleged "truth" about yourself, just because somebody in an internet forum concluded it from your I-Ching results? Do you have any evidence of him having another girlfriend beside the fact you received hex 54 many times?

Hex 54 is talking about being a concubine, a second wife, therefore there must be a first wife, this is logical, this is true so far. But only if you interpret it literally.
You can also interpret I-Ching results metaphorically, I would even say that the vast majority of I-Ching results are to read metaphorically and not literally.

Metaphorically interpreted hex 54 means that you are in an inferiour respectively secondary position.
It is not said in which way you are secondary to someone, it doesn't necessarily have to do with a third party.

I don't want to hurt you with my words, I rather hope to help you, even if it sounds harsh: your approach to this situation has obsessive features. You can't expect any relationship to be successful when you are obsessed with your counterpart. It is just unhealthy for everybody involved. I don't say that it is all your fault, I guess he triggered these obsessive ideas with his mixed messages. This is obviously a constellation that brings your fears and vulnerabilites out of the shadows.

50.2 in my opinion -- I repeat myself -- means most probably that you have an essence of your soul/mind that can't be hurt or by the outer world, if you don't let them.

S

SHONNA_D

Dear Equinox,

Sorry SHONNA, but if I were this guy, I'd ran.

Perhaps you are right. But do you leave somebody that you want in your life to go away? I know that if you are interested to someone you show it... but the truth is I was patient for a long time and he didn't seem to care that I was waiting for him and would like so much to give another chance to our relationship. Yes, perhaps there isn't any other woman (I doubt it) but he is not interested to me anymore.

Moreover, (why I believe there is another woman) A couple of weeks ago I asked from Iching to advise me about him.
I got 41,3,4,6 >34
line 3 shows that 3 people journey together so the one is better to leave which I did.
line 4 shows that sb must decrease his faults so as the other to come and rejoice (I don't think he will do that, but he did it a couple of months ago and so why I believed that there is hope between us)
line 6 I am afraid shows that he
enriches
a 'servant'.

After this question I asked for clarification:
Will he make a relationship with me?
I got 9,3,5,6>19
9.3 Our final fight of course.
I don't understand line 5 perhaps somebody enriches him (a girlfriend?).
9.6 rain and rest. This line confuses me.

Overall, I think the above answers show indeed a third person involved.
I would really appreciate if anyone would like to share some insights with the above!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Overall, I think the above answers show indeed a third person involved.

I don't say that there is no other person involved, can't know it.

But no I-Ching result but only real life will bring you certainity about it. Everything you wrote now shows that you still don't understand that you can't rule out the possibility that every line you receive could well be metaphorically speaking.

Yes, perhaps there isn't any other woman (I doubt it) but he is not interested to me anymore.

Yes, it is very sad, I am sorry for you. But what do want from him any longer then, if he isn't interested, no matter why? Do yourself a favour and keep your dignity. Once you start to show some respect to yourself, healthier relationships will come to you sooner or later.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
This is the reason that I left this situation.

And now try to leave that situation also internally. Of course you can't force your painful thoughts and feelings out of your mind, I know that this won't work -- but you can slowly replace them by good thoughts and feelings. Think of what you can do for you now in order to create these good feelings.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).