...life can be translucent

Menu

The Hexagramms - a phonetic transcriptipn system?

Lilly-La

visitor
Reaction score
Today i look up a book ( Plum and Bamboo, by Mark Bender) on amazon. In the preview a bit of text especially the numbers caught my attention, see screenshot below. 50 years back or so Y. R. Chao created a five-scale tonal transcription system. This should enable people to 'read' different dialects from paper and pronounce them correctly.

Chou-five-tonal-a.jpg

I did google Y. R. Chao and found him beeing mentioned many times in a book about Historical Phonology.
Middle Chinese: A Study in Historical Phonology

I believe only scholars into phonetics do understand this book but in the introduction i found something very interesting, see screenshot below.

linguistic-norms.jpg

Could it be the Yi Hexagramm Table is/was or was changed just into some sort of a phonetic transcription system once in use in China itself? I thought that is an interesting idea, enough text for excercising the Yi at least contains.

Lilly-La

visitor
Reaction score
okay, seems i can not correct the title and the images, i uploaded are much smaller than they should be. Seems they get scaled down?

Can i delet my posting? If so how? Would like to add better screenshots.

jtorz132759468

visitor
Reaction score
If you wish to understand what I Ching is all about, check out this book and understand the basic fundamentals of I Ching - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079YSV5JL Are you interested to know what I Ching (The Book of Changes) is all about and learn more about Chinese culture subjects such as Fengshui, TCM, Tai Chi etc.? ä½*想了解《易ç»�》到底是什么以å�Šäº†è§£æ›´å¤šå…³äºŽä¸*国文化的å*¦é—®å¦‚风水,ä¸*医,太æž�ç*‰å�—? Have you always wondered why I Ching is considered an Oracle and how to understand it thoroughly and master it as it is the Genesis of Chinese culture?ä½*是å�¦ä¸€ç›´æƒ³çŸ¥é�“为什么《易ç»�》会被认为是神谕,如何å�¯ä»¥å½»åº•åœ°ç�†è§£å®ƒï¼ŒæŽŒæ�¡å¥½å®ƒå›*为它å�¯æ˜¯ä¸*å�Žæ–‡åŒ–çš„æº�头呢?Do you want to know how to use a few simple methods to remember the seemingly complicated 64 Hexagram names by heart within a few minutes?ä½*是å�¦æƒ³çŸ¥é�“如何使用å‡*个简å�•çš„方法å�¯ä»¥åœ¨çŸ*çŸ*çš„å‡*分钟内å�¯ä»¥æŠŠçœ‹ä¼¼ä¼¼å¤�æ�‚çš„64个å�¦çš„å��å*—背熟呢?If your answer is a resounding YES to all the questions above, then you are holding the MASTER KEY to unlock the mysterious world of I Ching and understand Chinese culture at its core!如果ä½*对以上所有的问题的ç*”案是肯定的,那么ä½*现在æ�¡åœ¨æ‰‹é‡Œçš„就是那把å�¯ä»¥æ‰“开《易ç»�》的神秘世界的万能钥匙,并且ç�†è§£ä¸*å�Žæ–‡åŒ–到æ*¸å¿ƒåŽ»ï¼� This is THE #1 book which you MUST read before trying to understand I Ching and other Chinese culture subjects such as Fengshui, TCM, etc. Not only it’s written in easy to understand English but also with Chinese and pinyin for you to master I Ching in a fun and effective manner within short period of time. 这是在ä½*还未å°�试了解《易ç»�》以å�Šå…¶å®ƒä¸*å�Žæ–‡åŒ–çš„å*¦é—®å¦‚风水,ä¸*医ç*‰ç*‰ä¹‹å‰�必须阅读的第一本书。它ä¸�仅是用浅白的英文写的,而且也使用了ä¸*文和拼音æ�¥è®©ä½*在çŸ*时间内å�¯ä»¥ä»¥æœ‰è¶£ä¸”有效的方å¼�去掌æ�¡å¥½ã€Šæ˜“ç»�》。“I like this book as it tells me how we find the influence of I Ching in our daily lives and it is the first I Ching book I find that explains the complicated concepts in layman terms!â€� (Datuk Yong Soo Heong, KL Malaysia, China-Malaysia Star of Friendship)â€� “我喜欢这本书å›*为它告诉我如何在我们日常生活ä¸*找到《易ç»�》的影å“�,这是我第一次å�‘现到å�¯ä»¥å¾ˆæµ…白地解释å¤�æ�‚概念的《易ç»�》书。â€� (æ‹¿ç�£ç¿�书雄,马æ�¥è¥¿äºšå�‰éš†å�¡ï¼Œä¸*马å�‹è°Šä¹‹æ˜Ÿ)“This book is very readable and gives a basic understanding of I Ching and Chinese culture and how profound and easy it is but to master it is a dedicated study for life and this book will give you a head start.â€� (Dato M L Thomas Lee, KL Malaysia, Barrister)“这本书é�žå¸¸å®¹æ˜“阅读,让我对《易ç»�》和ä¸*å�Žæ–‡åŒ–有了基本的了解与它是多么地深奥和简å�•ä½†è¦�掌æ�¡å¥½å®ƒå¾—毕生的专ç*”但本书会给ä½*个良好的开始。â€� (æ‹¿ç�£æ�Žæ–‡éš†ï¼Œé©¬æ�¥è¥¿äºšå�‰éš†å�¡ï¼Œæ³•å¾‹é¡¾é—®ï¼‰â€œI have many I Ching books and attended many related courses but none has opened up my eyes that learning I Ching is very easy like what this book has shown in a very systematic and methodically illustrated manner.â€� (Ms. Elena Baker, Perth Australia, Retiree)“我有很多《易ç»�》的书ç±�并也å�‚åŠ*过ä¸�少相关的课程,但没有一个åƒ�本书以详尽地和有æ�¡ä¸�ç´Šçš„æ�’图的方å¼�让我大开眼界,让我觉得å*¦ä¹*《易ç»�》是æž�为容易的。“ (Elena Baker女士, 澳洲ç�€æ–¯ï¼Œé€€ä¼‘人士)“I was troubled for years searching for ways to understand 64 hexagrams and have been searching university’s libraries but to no avail. This is the easiest to understand the basic fundamentals of I Ching book I have seen so far, this book is a must have for every I Ching and Chinese culture lovers! (Mr. Mo Xiong Shen, Guangdong China, Financial Advisor)â€� “为找到ç�†è§£å…*å��å››å�¦çš„方法,我曾翻é��大å*¦çš„图书馆å�´å¾’劳æ—*功并为æ*¤å›°æ‰°å¤šå¹´ã€‚这本书是我è§�过最通俗易懂的《易ç»�》å�¯è’™ä¹¦ï¼Œæ˜¯æ¯�ä½�《易ç»�》与ä¸*å�Žæ–‡åŒ–爱好者的必备ï¼�â€� (莫雄深先生,ä¸*国广东,金èž�顾问)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).