...life can be translucent

Menu

Is it a good idea to move to X town next year. Hexagram 57.6 changing to 48

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
I asked "Is it a good idea to move to X town next year". I Ching gave me hexagram 57.6 changing to 48. Would anyone like to comment on the answer? Many thanks.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
No. This is the first time I've asked about moving. Thanks for your reply SHONNA_D

S

SHONNA_D

If I had received your answer I would be really careful.
He loses his property and his ax/ He loses his wealth / He loses his means of supporting and protecting himself it doesn't seem to be auspicious. I think if you move it will be a really difficult new start.
Moreover, The 'town' may be changed, but the well cannot be changed. It neither decreases nor increases. They come and go and draw from the well. If one gets down almost to the water and the rope does not go all the way, or the jug breaks, it brings misfortune (hexagram 48) Even if you move and the town change your life will not change neither increase nor decrease.

I think it's not a good idea this town.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Two possibilities:

Either like SHONNA_D says

or

like it was said in the other thread: right now you should let go now of overthinking this. It's not the best time for decisions.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks black milk and SHONNA_D. SHONNA_D's answer (taking into account black milk's interpretation of my other post) fits very well. On the moving question there seems to be no change. No loss no gain. Going back to my other post. Since I would probably have the same amount of work (as all the work through the agency is for the big company anyway) I interpret this as a positive. Even if I moved and didn't work for the big company, I could drive up into the area where the agency is and still get work. On the difficult start, this also fits with when I anticipate moving. For at that time the work isn't as busy. And, I was thinking of taking a few months off anyway.

I'll take your advice and see what happens. I'm not thinking of moving until the summer, so I'll come back to this thread then. In the meantime may I thank you both and all the other contributors for helping shed light on my situation. I am truly grateful for your valuable input.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Lucky Guy, am I getting right, that you are a freelancer and you have an agency and all the jobs you get from them are for the big company you want to work directly for?

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
... and the agency is in the same area like the big company, so both are not close to your home?

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
The big company has work all over the UK, so the same would apply to the agency because my work through the agency is with the big company.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Okay, of course the main task of an agency is to take care for the things concerning your working conditions, contracts and so on, so that you can concentrate on the work itself.
But if this is all already negotiated and the agency just takes profit from your work at the moment then
it's more than understandable, that you think about a step like this.
But of course you must be aware, that labor market conditions can change, maybe the big company has not enough jobs in a year or two and at the same time the agency would maybe have some (it's an example I do not not about the economy in your country)
So the question is how likely is a case that I described and how vulnerable would you be then? Are you good in finding work by yourself and in negotiating? Or could you easily find another good agency or go back to the old one then?

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
There's a strong possibility of the big company giving me a permanent position. If I worked for the big company direct, I could not go back to the that particular agency. (Conflict of interest will have arisen). I take your point about 'Could you find enough work and what if the big company has less work in a year or two'. Life and the economy and work ebbs and flows. The big company is BIG, so therefore unlikely to be at much risk when compared to the agency which is relatively small. But of course, you never know what life will throw at you! Concerning the move, I would save money all round and have contingencies in place should something not work out. At the same time I take nothing for granted.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
And so, after some thinking I took black milk's advice and reframed the question, asking: What will happen if I move to 'X' town next year? The divination was 22.2 changing to 26.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).