...life can be translucent

Menu

Business up till Xmas 49 Unchanging

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Here I am with the run up until Xmas, plenty happening a lot in the pipeline, a lot of work to do.

I asked what do I need to know about my business coming up to Xmas - hexagram 49 Unchanging

I have just read many threads in the forum and in general I thought I had a good feel for hexagram 49 but as from my last post maybe not.

In the context of business I understand the feeling of playing it by ear, putting things order, go with the flow and allow the changes to progress. The fact of, out with old and in with the new I can see that as well.

I still cant help thinking that this hexagram has a lot to do with timing. In business that means being persistent and you will be at the right place at the right time eventually. There also appears to be advice on not forcing issues the same way you cannot force a butterfly to emerge or a chicken to hatch.

The thing I am not getting is what is the essence of the advice in this context. I keep thinking its like be persistent and the time will come. It appears like it may be a bumpy ride, I am kind of intrigued and possibly nervous. The advice appears to promise possibly even supreme success but you need to get there.

What is the actual advice do you think?

Wilhelm/Baynes:Revolution. On your own day you are believed. Supreme success, furthering through perseverance. Remorse disappears

Steve

Last edited:

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea what they think the real advice or basic advice is with hexagram 49 unchanging?

Steve

steve

visitor
Reaction score
wow i got it right .. no news is good news

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
That you need to change things or that things will change unexpectedly, perhaps?

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I wish i knew what the actual advice is, i have an idea but not 100%

Steve

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I wish i knew what the actual advice is, i have an idea but not 100%
Steve

The image asks: what is it the time for?
selling bikinis? or selling scarves?

What change is needed? What is no longer useful?

The Images in general are good way to understand the hexagrams, unlike the Judgement which you referenced. Of course, you want to understand both, but the Image is a good place to start.

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What Moss Elk said, or - sometimes people describe 49 as "seasonal change" - maybe it just means "Christmas"? You've already alluded to Christmas having an effect on your business, as far as people getting back to you or making decisions on their end (more to the point, maybe not making decisions).

Which could go along with what M.E. said, actually. "What is it the time for?" "Christmas."

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What's your own idea? Tell us, tell us :D (unless it's a secret, of course)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
...sometimes people describe 49 as "seasonal change"...

:bag: This might be wrong.

On my way to work today I was listening to the audio of Hilary's old correspondence course, and conveniently there was mention of the 49-50 Sequence, and Hilary said:
...dynastic change is not like seasonal change, it doesn't happen regularly or on a reliable cycle.

There was context, of course, so this is assuming I'm understanding correctly.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I am starting to think as we go into this or get closer to Xmas, just get ready for a crazy time, I have so much work and so little time now, what Moss Elk has said has made sense also, the fact I have decided to stop selling and just do the work I have. (basically decision time)
If I have time to sell later then good if not then at least I will get paid for the work I have in front of me, I suppose I should be grateful I have that.

I don't think hexagram 49 unchanged has one message so to speak, its quite complicated and especially depends where you are at at the time.

The change from hexagram 49- hexagram 50 makes sense as well, cannot wait I love hexagram 50.

I was unclear also so just asked about everything ( not just my business) leading up to Xmas and received hexagram 36.5>63
To me that meant just keep to myself or more just keep your head down until the work is done, rewards are promised if the advice is followed. so I am trying to do my best.

Steve

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like your selling has been really successful! Congratulations!

Have made note under 49: "e.g. in business, moving from selling to doing the work scared up by the selling..."

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:bag: This might be wrong.

On my way to work today I was listening to the audio of Hilary's old correspondence course, and conveniently there was mention of the 49-50 Sequence, and Hilary said:

There was context, of course, so this is assuming I'm understanding correctly.

49 is also called 'moulting', as in moulting of animals, which is seasonal. And the Image certainly speaks of ...well from Wilhelm

'Thus the superior man
Sets the calendar in order
And makes the seasons clear.'

Hilary also writes of seasons in the image. The Image is always useful for unchanging hexagrams I find.

I think 49 is certainly also to do with the nature of the times. Also Hilary has an opinion about hexagrams the same as everyone does, it doesn't mean she is the ultimate authority ;)

Have made note under 49: "e.g. in business, moving from selling to doing the work scared up by the selling..."

:confused: what does that mean ? I don't understand the sentence. 'work scared up by the selling' eh ?

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback, when you say the season in the image Trojina.
Do you mean the hexagram is related to a season or its when you cast? Hexagram 49 Unchanging certainly suits Xmas for me anyway. To me its always such a rush then usually i think why was I so worried its only a couple of weeks. The man sets the calendar in order I can relate to that quote in this instance. My goal is to clear this pipeline by December 1st or the majority of it anyway.
Will update the thread when its all said and done and update in the unchanging hexagram list as well.

I have to admit I didnt look that deeply into the image, i draw many unchanging hexagrams, will start doing that as mentioned by some of you.

I think hexagram 36.5>63 is exactly where I am now :eek:uch: i like the the fact that the line promises a reward at least especially in business castings. I think I might start a thread on this line it has an interesting story behind it.

Steve

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback, when you say the season in the image Trojina.
Do you mean the hexagram is related to a season or its when you cast?

If you read the Image in any translation in mentions the season. As I said this is from Wilhelm

'Thus the superior man
Sets the calendar in order
And makes the seasons clear.'

So no I don't mean the hexagram is related to a particular season or anything to do with casting it's simply what the Image, the text of Yi says.

Wilhelm isn't referring to a particular season he's just saying the superior man is clear about the seasons which as well as literal can be looking at the seasons in the rise and fall of governments or anything. Winter overthrows autumn, autumn over throws summer etc etc

steve

visitor
Reaction score
oh I see,

thanks lol dont worry about me I am stuck in this crazy hexagram 49, saying that I rang a potential customer and he said call me in the new year, he said its bedlam here. I said you make me feel better at least I am not the only one,

I dont think I am the only one in a hexagram 49 space at the moment. I have to admit I have had a bit of a hard time understanding the advice, if I were to simplify the advice.

It would be make a plan, try and stick to it, look around and put your seat belt on.

Setting calendars, is like choose a direction or in my case set a deadline, making the seasons clear could be understood as understanding your landscape I guess. Whatever that is or where ever you are.

This might be something a racing car driver might cast before a race. Or a jockey in a horse race.
Or as the text suggests some type of revolutionary might cast.
It appears you need to make firm decisions so as not to get swept up in it all.
I think the idea is that when its all said and done the change is for the better.
It really is an interesting hexagram I think.

Steve

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, seasons are back in :)

:confused: what does that mean ? I don't understand the sentence. 'work scared up by the selling' eh ?

"scared up by" - produced by, resulting from, something like that. Steve said he'd been busy selling, now he has to do the work the selling brought him.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of that expression before.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail: