...life can be translucent

Menu

Thoughts on this response to my question. ..

madcreates

visitor
Reaction score
This is my question or statement: Can you comment on the likelihood of me finding a new home in Evanston that I can afford.

I received hexagram #13 with no changing lines.

My question to the community - is this likely or not. . . given the answer?

Thank you.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
It looks good to me.

(I live 13 miles from an Evanston. :) )

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I had 13
Unchanging twice

1) soon after a devastating earthquake, asking what that was
(A friend of mine read it as disaster gathering people together - yet so many people died)

2) when choosing a housemate.
I didn t particularly like either of the two guys I had to choose from (they were two completely strangers found through advertisements while I would have given the room to a female friend of mine). Anyway the casts said moving into an empty city for one of them whose face and therefore brain really looked completely empty, and 13 unchanging for the other, who then proved to be a most evil, false and mind twisted person, un respectful, bossy, and a total liar.

So for me 13 unchanging has proved not so much reassuring.

But being unchanging I guess its potential is there and how it will develop it depends on many factors

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
When you say a "new" house, have you lived in Evanston before? Are you familiar with it?

You asked a yes/no question and I don't think 13uc says either "yes" or "no". It might be answering a question you didn't quite ask, more along the lines of, "What would it take to find a house in Evanston I can afford?" or "What would it be like to live in a house in Evanston I can afford?" In other words, let's assume there is such a thing as a house you can afford in Evanston. 13 might somehow describe the situation you'd end up with, and then you can decide whether you'd like that or not.

The oracle text says (Hilary's translation):
"People in harmony in the wilds: creating success.
Fruitful to cross the great river.
A noble one’s constancy bears fruit."

Image:
"Heaven joins with fire.
People in Harmony.
A noble one sorts the clans and differentiates between beings."

Is there anything about Evanston that could be described as "in the wilds," or that might be like "crossing a great river," or that would require the sort of thing described in the Image? Try substituting your own name for "a noble one" to make it sound more like an answer directly to you - "Madcreates sorts the clans and differentiates between beings."

"Constancy bears fruit" - I don't know what it's saying to you specifically, but be a little bit cautious about just thinking "well, 'bears fruit' sounds nice so it will be fine" It might be fine, but "Madcreates' constancy bears fruit" might also mean something like, being constant rather than in too much of a hurry will bear fruit.

Of course I have no idea what any of this means for you since I don't know you, or anything about Evanston, or what you're looking for in a place to live, or anything else, but just as a generic answer to a generic question about moving somewhere I wonder if it might mean something like try to check out the neighbors as best you can? Try to see if there'd be any really obvious challenges to "creating harmony"? Or possibly other things besides neighbors. I've had 13 about non-human things fitting together as a "mechanism." So perhaps are there "mechanisms" you need in order to have harmony in your life, and would those things be available?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).