Menu

62.5>31

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Will Company Y hire me?

Hexagram 62.5 to 31

i feel very lost.

The Prince shoots him in a cave means what?

Please help.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
"Dense clouds without rain
Come from our Western altars.
The prince hunts with tethered arrows,
And gets the one living in a cave."

I'm never sure what this line means, lol.

Some wild guessing? "Dense clouds without rain" - maybe they haven't made a decision yet? Maybe they've narrowed it down ("condensed" it, if you will), but are having trouble picking one out of a few? (The clouds are dense - they have some good candidates - but no one has "rained" yet?)

"hunts with tethered arrows and gets the one living in a cave" - if you're trying to catch something that's in a cave, it's in the dark, you can't see it, you might not be sure it's there...what else comes to mind about something in a cave? (Not having to do with the hiring decision, just with what the line says?) Maybe the hunter doesn't know how deep the cave goes, or if it's safe to go in it. I've seen forum posts where people talk about the tethered arrows by saying if you shoot at something in the cave and miss, you can easily get your arrow back to try again.

In this case it appears there is something in the cave, and they successfully catch it. The tethered arrows might still help, since they can drag their catch out without having to go inside the (dark, possibly scary, possibly dangerous) cave.

What else can we think of? It might help to read a few authors on this one to get more ideas. I'd do that if it weren't past my bedtime. :zzz:

Not sure how to apply this to a hiring decision. Possibly they haven't made up their mind at all? The tethered arrows, being able to get the arrow back and try again - maybe they'll want to do another interview or something? Is it remotely possible they'd hire someone on a provisional basis, so if the person doesn't work out they can try again more easily? That might be like catching something the "safe" way, without having to enter a dark cave with it. Less commitment?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).