...life can be translucent

Menu

Thinking about how the pair relates to my reading - 52UC

leighl

visitor
Reaction score
I asked Yi when circumstances would begin to improve for me and received 52UC. This is one of the first times I can distinctly recall a pair really speaking to me in my direct circumstance. I went through a very shocking (51) and sad experience a couple of months ago, and the events that unfolded from that have been a struggle. I haven't been able to get my apartment rented, I haven't found someone to look after something important while I'm out of town for Christmas, etc. I feel that I've been taking a moderate amount of action, but nothing is moving. I feel very stuck.

When looking at my reading through the lens of the 51/52 pair, it seems that 52 would be describing the situation I am in now and not when my situation will begin to improve. I've also considered that maybe there is a combination of both-- that I'm in a 52 situation and that I need to become 52 myself so to speak. Seems counter-intuitive considering all that I need to do.

Any input on this? Not just my reading but also how others interpret pairs when they seem to apply to the question.

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi leighl,

Regarding 52, the difference between Stuckness and Stillness, imho, is attachment to experience.

I’m sorry to hear about your difficulties, but I see reason for hope.

I think of the ‘pairs’ as you say as the gears on a “Fu-Shi” model 8-speed primordial bicycle, suitable for the natural terrain of life.

So, in the natural cycle, after shock (51) comes paralysis/immobility (52)…followed by restoration of movement gradually (53), and rejoining the flow of life (54) to find abundance (55)…

In the Ten Wings, it says that ‘Qian and Kun transform endlessly without intentionally acting’ ~ a description of the cyclic flow of the fractal yin-yang universe through the lines of the 64 Hexagrams ~ the natural flow ~ our experiential Reality.

This is called ‘wu-wei’ ~ non-action ~ if you do nothing while in this flow, then nothing will be left undone.

The opposite of wu-wei is coercion ~ intentional action to effect an outcome ~ literally in chinese it’s called ‘you’-wei.

The wu-wei of 52 is called Stillness, and the you-wei is called Stuckness.

After a shock, in the natural cycle, the tendency is to pull-in, assess and heal in Stillness…before venturing out, again.

That’s not the problem. As Byron Katie says:

“It’s not Reality that makes us Suffer ~ it’s our thoughts about Reality.”

With enough trauma, one doesn’t adaptively move to Stillness and heal-up. Instead, one is paralyzed in Stuckness re-living the echoes of the traumatic experience ~ as a kind of psychic bleeding out.

When 51 hits you, and you recoil stunned ~ wu-wei (inner Stillness) re-orients you.

Whereas, focusing on external control as an indicator of ‘wellness’ will only add to your frustrating sense of Stuckness.

So, it is counter-intuitive to ‘let go’ of external orientation, which is Shaking you, in order to find Stillness within, but that’s the superior move in your situation, according to the Yi.

Be kind to yourself and practice good self care ~ let the silence and stillness of the empty mind heal you ~ and you’ll be moving, again, in due time.

I hope this helps ~ trust the Way!

Many Blessings

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked Yi when circumstances would begin to improve for me and received 52UC. This is one of the first times I can distinctly recall a pair really speaking to me in my direct circumstance. I went through a very shocking (51) and sad experience a couple of months ago, and the events that unfolded from that have been a struggle. I haven't been able to get my apartment rented, I haven't found someone to look after something important while I'm out of town for Christmas, etc. I feel that I've been taking a moderate amount of action, but nothing is moving. I feel very stuck.

When looking at my reading through the lens of the 51/52 pair, it seems that 52 would be describing the situation I am in now and not when my situation will begin to improve. I've also considered that maybe there is a combination of both-- that I'm in a 52 situation and that I need to become 52 myself so to speak. Seems counter-intuitive considering all that I need to do.

Any input on this? Not just my reading but also how others interpret pairs when they seem to apply to the question.

You asked Yi when things would improve for you, got 52uc and the thing that leapt out at me, as often does with uc hexagrams, is the words of the Image.

In Wilhelm this is translated as ...and I will insert your name in place of the 'superior man'

'Mountains standing close together:
The image of KEEPING STILL.
Thus the superior leighl
Does not permit her thoughts
To go beyond her situation'

So this is clear advice not to anticipate nor to worry about the future. You are advised almost not to notice, not to mind and also not to run about trying to fix things right now.

Shock of all kinds stirs up the adrenaline, can throw one off balance and leave a residual feeling of perpetually needing to be in emergency mode in your head. When 51 is unchanging I often notice the agitation, the shookupness is entirely within, others may not even know it's happening to you. Not always of course, see the 51/52 unchanging threads for other's experiences and possibly ideas on the pair.

If you hold the 51 inside you even after the cause for the disturbance has passed and you are all in one piece and haven't dropped your bowl, well the adrenaline can still be pumping. The impulse to act can still be there even past the time there's a need to act.

Now I expect you may perceive that you need to act in all sorts of ways but it doesn't look like now is the time. Now is the time to try not caring, to try to be less engaged with your own and other's reactions, to actually be less present to the world and more present to your own inner stillness, your core.

Now we are coming up to Christmas. Practically so many things go on hold in the world.

So right now use your real name in the Image, in whichever translation you have and try to follow that. It is rare in the modern world we are just advised to be impervious to outer things but this is what 52uc is, in some sense, advising here.

I realize it may not seem practical to do nothing yet the answer is certainly discouraging you from fretting and thinking too far ahead. Try just being still for longer periods, just sitting where you are with a drink or just with your eyes closed. However much trouble there appears to be looming most often it actually isn't here right now at this very moment. Yi is asking you to stay in this moment and to calm yourself.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason leighl ignored and didn't update this thread but updated it on here

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...about-how-the-pair-relates-to-my-reading-52UC

as she's not here thought I'd update it myself so we know how the reading played out ! Here it is, taken from that link

Hi All,

I wanted to come back and update this thread on how events have played out. As a reminder, in December I asked what I could do to make this situation progress and got a very stubborn 52. Turns out there was nothing I really could do. I contacted an attorney immediately after writing this post in early January, two actually. The first one was confident he could help, but something about his demeanor made me hesitate. The very next day we heard there was some serious interest in the apartment, which was really exciting. I felt that somehow contacting the attorney stirred up some new energy in the situation or something. That ultimately fell through though. It took the second lawyer several weeks to respond to me. I didn't follow up with her.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).