...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 5.1.3>29 vs Hex 5 Unchanging for Dentist

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
The I Ching never ceases to amaze me when asking about choice and and again about choice B smaller matters.
Many times i get the same Hex with some different lines.
This time when i saw one choice led to 29, i thought for sure to go with the Unchanging one.
I then thought of 5 being "Waiting" and not changing could be not so good as well. And 29 says there can be success if your heart is pure.
The 5.1.3 Dentist is much closer and convenient. They both came up about equal on Yelp reviews.
What say you all?

D

diamanda

I personally wouldn't go to the 5.1.3 > 29 dentist.
Hidden line is 48.3, the king (= dentist) is not clear-minded, not good, and neither is 5.3 or 29.
Find someone else, you have a need (5) so try elsewhere.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
5.1.3 (29)
You'd have a long wait to see this one, too long for your happiness.
(Have you pain or infection now?)

5 un, a shorter wait.

(Hey diamanda, have you considered the possibility that ' if only the king were enlightened' was a verb, meaning: if only the king were made aware ? As opposed to an adjective 'unenlightened' king?)

D

diamanda

Hey diamanda, have you considered the possibility that ' if only the king were enlightened' was a verb, meaning: if only the king were made aware ? As opposed to an adjective 'unenlightened' king?
Of course it could also mean 'aware'. But in this case yawiney would hypothetically go to that dentist, so the dentist would by this fact alone be aware that yawiney needs some form of treatment. So we can't really say here 'if only the dentist were made aware that...' (etc.).

5 un, a shorter wait.
This is a view I hadn't thought about, thanks!

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Sometimes Yi is quite funny, 5 (Waiting...Rooms) and 29 (Repeating Pitfalls—Teeth?) describe so perfectly the dread and uncomfortableness of just about any dental visit. At the same time, I agree with Diamanda, I would skip the 5.1.3 dentist. Yi says quite clearly in 5.3 that you "invite the approach of injury." Plus if you can avoid a 29 situation, do. I wondered if this would be something where you'd get sucked in to several unnecessary and painful visits for some procedure, or worse, would need to have whatever work you got redone. That would be very 29.

The other one that's just 5...well, make sure you give yourself a lot of time for the appointment.

Are there more options beyond these two?

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
5.1.3 (29)
You'd have a long wait to see this one, too long for your happiness.
(Have you pain or infection now?)

5 un, a shorter wait.

(Hey diamanda, have you considered the possibility that ' if only the king were enlightened' was a verb, meaning: if only the king were made aware ? As opposed to an adjective 'unenlightened' king?)

The 5.1.3 > 29 Dentist is supposed to be the shorter because they have a new technology to do crowns in one day. Since i travel for work going in to the farther dentist and then having to have a temporary crown in for 2-3 weeks would be a longer wait and might be hard to get done with my schedule.

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
Of course it could also mean 'aware'. But in this case yawiney would hypothetically go to that dentist, so the dentist would by this fact alone be aware that yawiney needs some form of treatment. So we can't really say here 'if only the dentist were made aware that...' (etc.).

This is a view I hadn't thought about, thanks!

The 5.1.3 dentist is the one that did the diagnosis. So definitely aware of my specific needs. The only reason i looked elsewhere was the very expensive price and the different type of crowns available. Those 2 offices are the only ones that take my insurance, it dosn't cover much though. Maybe i''l check some others.

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
Sometimes Yi is quite funny, 5 (Waiting...Rooms) and 29 (Repeating Pitfalls—Teeth?) describe so perfectly the dread and uncomfortableness of just about any dental visit. At the same time, I agree with Diamanda, I would skip the 5.1.3 dentist. Yi says quite clearly in 5.3 that you "invite the approach of injury." Plus if you can avoid a 29 situation, do. I wondered if this would be something where you'd get sucked in to several unnecessary and painful visits for some procedure, or worse, would need to have whatever work you got redone. That would be very 29.

The other one that's just 5...well, make sure you give yourself a lot of time for the appointment.

Are there more options beyond these two?
Thanks. I was feeling both the 5 and 29 could be the general "dread and uncomfortableness" of dental visits.
Could the line about being stuck in a vulnerable situation and inviting the approach of injury also be that?
Stuck in the chair, inviting someone to drill your teeth away?
I will look into other options. it's not totally urgent but I leave for 6 weeks at the end of Jan. and would be good to have it done before that.

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks. I was feeling both the 5 and 29 could be the general "dread and uncomfortableness" of dental visits.
Could the line about being stuck in a vulnerable situation and inviting the approach of injury also be that?
Stuck in the chair, inviting someone to drill your teeth away?
I will look into other options. it's not totally urgent but I leave for 6 weeks at the end of Jan. and would be good to have it done before that.

update on this:
Went in to get it done and forgot how much it was. Didn't have enough $ or Credit card and i talked the doc down 450$. So, i am going to go with this one but not for 2 more weeks.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).