...life can be translucent

Menu

What Does He Want?

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I feel silly even posting this reading, but I'm trying to wrap my head around something. I recently had an ex reach out to me to "add me" on Facebook. I haven't talked to him in awhile, and to be honest I was finally, finally getting over him. It's been years. I kind of feel like no contact has probably been the best thing for us. But I made the mistake of creeping on his profile a little, and it seems like he has a girlfriend and everything. Which for some reason infuriates me more. Like LEAVE ME ALONE DUDE!! Ugh. Anyway, I'm just a little perplexed. The last time he came back into my life it was because he was newly single. I just don't understand why he is bothering me. I'm have half a mind to block him. I asked the IChing a couple of questions for clarity..

Why did he add me?

21. 4

What does he want from me?

I don't really get either of them except that maybe 21 is just saying to break through to creating more solid boundaries with him? Maybe I should block him? And the second casting I'm wondering if it is just referring to his act as spontaneous. Maybe he was drunk? I really shouldn't have looked at his profile, it was just that sad thing where you remember for a second that person that you used to love, and you're like "Hi!" But it was instantly hurtful to look, as I saw that the new girlfriend has met his mother (he would never introduce me) and is riding on his boat. He told me "no girls allowed." He was such a jerk to me. It just makes me mad that he even has the audacity to be happy!

UGHH.

Any insights are appreciated :bows:

ernobe

visitor
Reaction score
21.4: You remind him of his mother -- the nice side he rarely got to see, and thinks you know it and appreciate that side of him.

64.6: This one is tricky because it is a difficult hexagram. I'd say he wants you to act as go-between his new girlfriend and his mother.

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
lol thanks for your responses Ernobe

Umm I'd say those are kind of strange interpretations and wildly incorrect if he is thinking any of those things on his part. I have never met his girlfriend and doubt that I will. They live in Florida, I live in New York. And as I said I never met his mother. Who knows maybe I do remind him of his mother. But I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Towards the end he basically just acted like I was crazy or something. His mother was supposedly a saint who could do no wrong, but unfortunately I coaxed the truth out of him eventually. She was not such a stable character when they were kids and probably even bordered on even being abusive, but like a good catholic boy he is devoted to her.

Anyway, thanks for taking a stab at it.

D

diamanda

Why did he add me? 21.4 > 27
Because the 'food' he currently has is not satisfying enough, so he's hungry for more.
E.g. maybe he didn't have enough friends on facebook, or maybe his gf is not enough for him.

What does he want from me? 64.6 > 40
To cross over successfully, have fun and feel relief. So maybe he's after some booze and 'relief'.
OR, he wants to see if you have got over him (64.6) and forgiven him (40).

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
He may have been drinking too much
and 'drunk-friended' you.
Just ignore.

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Diamanda.

These answers are probably more likely. But in the gf department, you know something I didn't consider is that maybe it isn't romantic at all. I recently saw on his page that he started a new art handling business. I am an artist and have a lot of friends in the field. Maybe he is just trying to be friends again so I will recommend him. Honestly, I don't think I could bring myself to. Unfortunately, he would be fine to deal with in that capacity, but the way he treated me was unforgivable if you ask me. I think he added me in response to the fact that I "liked" a picture one of his friends posted, and he probably saw that my profile pic is one of me installing a show.

UGH.

That kind of makes me even madder. The last time I dealt with him he basically tricked me into sleeping with him again under the pretense of getting back together. I know I shouldn't be jealous of that girl. He is basically a sociopath. And she doesn't look like me really, but she has my wild, curly black hair so there you go.

Honestly, I think I hate him. hahaha And I wish that was different, but maybe it's better I keep him at a distance.

And even more honestly I couldn't say completely if he wasn't seeking another kind of "nourishment" from me either, because he might be. We had a very intense sexual relationship, and I think his new business still brings him to New York occasionally from the looks of his posts...

Anyway, AGHH! I will stop making pirate noises and just try to ignore it. I'm just mad, mad mad for some reason right now!!

:rant:

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Moss Elk thanks it's possible. He is always drunk. Although I think you are responding more to the situation than the hexagrams. Diamanda's post makes more sense in context.

:rofl:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Moss Elk thanks it's possible. He is always drunk. Although I think you are responding more to the situation than the hexagrams. Diamanda's post makes more sense in context.

:rofl:

Actually,
I am reading 64.6
I only skimmed the details of your post.

Bradford:
Being confident on top of drinking wine
Not wrong
But to soak one’s own head,
Even with truth, is truly to lose it

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Actually,
I am reading 64.6
I only skimmed the details of your post.

Bradford:
Being confident on top of drinking wine
Not wrong
But to soak one’s own head,
Even with truth, is truly to lose it

Hmm.. okay do you think that is confirmation that he was just drunk? But like I said.. he pretty much always is– no lie. I mean it was part of my huge trepidation about him as a partner. And at one point when we reconnected he admitted that he had started drinking EVEN MORE than when we were together. Really bad. Like he was living on a boat and just drinking rum everyday.

I haven't heard from him in at least a year also. Had to be something else going on there... he is a drunk (period).

I don't know why I even lament the situation. It's just that when it was good it was very, very good. And the break-up hurt me so bad that I haven't really been able to connect with anyone since. It's quite depressing, hence my frustration that he is apparently doing so well.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Yes,
I think he was drunk with a fat head (overconfident) thinking that you would like his friend request.

You know he is not good for you,
just ignore him.

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Yes,
I think he was drunk with a fat head (overconfident) thinking that you would like his friend request.

You know he is not good for you,
just ignore him.

Lol Thanks Moss Elk.

I know you are right. Sometimes we just have to type these things out/ get a second opinion I suppose.

He is such dumbass. And he always has a fat head, yup. He is a big ole' leo and manifesting the narcissistic part of that archetype like no other. He has to be one of the most inconsiderate people I have ever met. I think he always liked that I would stroke his ego, although he definitely did mine too. And that's why he was hard to let go of.

But what a dumbass for sure. I mean we haven't spoken in a year, but I did reach out to him around August to make sure he was DEAD from the damn Florida hurricanes, and he wouldn't even grace me with that response. That girl must have done something awful to have won him. OR she just has no self esteem like I used to.. Anyway good riddance. Unfortunately I did add him back at first when he added me but deleted today. He doesn't deserve even my Facebook friendship tbh. :rofl:

:bows:

D

diamanda

That girl must have done something awful to have won him. OR she just has no self esteem like I used to.
I'll agree with the 'something awful' part - maybe that girl is a worse narcissist (= a$$h0le) than he is, that would be one way to win him (although she obviously hasn't really won him). I'll somewhat disagree with the 'no self esteem' part. Even with good self esteem, it's surprisingly easy to get caught in a honey-trap. Narcissists usually aim to destroy people who do have self-esteem. You did the best to steer clear, that guy sounds like terrible news for anyone.

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
I agree Diamanda. I decided to block him from all social media!

Probably the best idea I've had in a while haha

I'm glad I posted here, you guys helped put things in perspective. Thank you!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).