...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: About Unexpected / Disapointing / "Wrong" readings

I mentioned the I Ching not beeing too good with our "Earthly" sense of time and space, and that indeed this could evolve differently over time, but I still put a date in my question, does it mean that trying to use dates, trying to have precise time-windows in the questions is useless?
    I mentally registered your question when I first read your post as 'will this sell ? and I answered you mainly in respect to you you placing heavy emphasis on the word/idea of 'peace' in your interpretation. I wasn't noticing/thinking at all about the dates in your question at all although now I re- read it I agree with Moss Elk that is seems very convoluted

So I asked this question: "If I was certain that this piece was going to get sold before December 31st 2017, how would my state of mind be on January 1st 2018"? I agree, the question is a complex way of asking "is that piece going to get sold in 2017".
    I think I'd just ask if it was going to get sold and very often the answer will refer to your state of mind because of the sale anyway. Like if it's not going to sell you may get an answer saying 'don't mind loss' or if it really isn't known yet by Yi because it depends on many things then a different kind of answer and perhaps if is going to sell a celebratory answer. I can't say I know how Yi will answer any question of course but I'm saying Yi's answers often carry more information or a different kind of information than you asked for that still is a useful answer.

I can't tell you if putting time windows in a question is useless, it's up to you to decide that by seeing if it works for you or not. It's not something I have ever had the need to do, or if I have I can't remember.

Hang on I think I once asked if I the landlord would replace my windows by Xmas. I got 24.6 and thought that a very apt response that no he wouldn't. The Xmas period is associated with 24 and the turn of the year, the solstice and line 6 referred to missing return, here literally missing that return point of the year. He did the windows in April. So I only needed a little piece of that cast to get my answer quite clearly. So I think as you get more experienced in how Yi responds to or you connect to it you there is less need to try all sorts of complicated 'if I did X then Y ' type of questions.

It doesn't need to be complicated because Yi answers what is in your heart and doesn't need a whole lot of complication to do that IMO. But that is my approach and approaches vary a great deal so you have to discover what works well for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trojina For This Useful Post:

Peter Belt (January 4th, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Belt View Post
    The question however was not "will I be at peace on January 1st" or "How will I feel on January 1st if I had sold that piece", but "If I was certain that piece was going to get sold, how will I feel on January 1st?".
    Hi Peter Bolt

To me it looks pretty clear!
    You say: IF I was certain

Were you certain? NO.
    (because How can you be certain of something you don t know?)

So Yi replied that if you could be certain that you would sell it, then you would be 11 unchanging.

But since you were never certain about selling, then 11 unchanging didn t take place.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to olga For This Useful Post:

Peter Belt (January 4th, 2018)

Thank you very much Moss Elk. Yes, the question was too convoluted, will try otherwise next time. All the best!

Thank you for all the input Trojina. This has been very useful. Looks like in my first set of propositions in my first message the answers were: a) A wrong interpretation of the reading but mostly D) The question was unclear...

Take care,

Thank you all for your inputs, I will keep this posted (and the 11uc thread) with how this unfolds and if things become clearer.
    All the best,

Hex. 11 UC is not just hex. 11 UC.

1) The sequence: the situation occurs naturally after hex. 10

2) The mutual- or nuclear hexagram ie. hex. 54 (Which to me is what I Ching is reflecting on. Stephen Carcher sees in it "A hidden possibility")

3) The lower trigram, The superior Forces, arrive and The inferior Forces, the upper trigram departs which also bodes for the season Spring as well *(See: http://www.yijing.co.uk/writing/notes/calendar.pdf)

* The mutual hexagram represents the eight' Lunar month according to John Blofeld and the ninth' according to Alfred Huang respectively September/October in our calendarsystem
    Last edited by svenrus; January 6th, 2018 at 03:18 PM.
    Awakening in young Yang,
    fulfilling in old Yang,
    enjoying in young Yin,
    resting in old Yin.
    The daily, annual and existencial cyclus.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to svenrus For This Useful Post:

Peter Belt (January 6th, 2018)

Alfred Huang got this initiating view:

11.jpg
    Awakening in young Yang,
    fulfilling in old Yang,
    enjoying in young Yin,
    resting in old Yin.
    The daily, annual and existencial cyclus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2