...life can be translucent

Menu

hexagram 42 to 41

icysky

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a fledging user of iching.
I can't seem to understand this particular one.

I was asking if I would get into a relationship this year.

Additional background, I never had a relationship.
Also recently went back to school after 7 years of rebellion.
Currently 27.

To me, it seems like a negative reading. But that don't seem right either

Thanks in advance!

D

diamanda

Hi icysky,

I was asking if I would get into a relationship this year
42.2.5 > 41

Yes you definitely will (42.2). Not sure how it will go though. The balance between the two of you will change during the relationship. Maybe it means that whoever has the upper hand initially will then lose it and the other person will take it.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If I well remember, Moss Elk has a couple of experiences where despite the good lines 42>41 doesn t turn out so successfully as things are decreasing.

Better wait for his explanation anyway ;)

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
If I well remember, Moss Elk has a couple of experiences where despite the good lines 42>41 doesn t turn out so successfully as things are decreasing.

In contrast to Moss Elk I made a good experience with the same result recently -- applied successfully for a job that I like and now working there. My first idea of 42>41 was, that things will increase for me finally in a time of decreasing.

From what I heard of Moss Elk and Diamanda telling their experiences with these changing lines I got the impression that I possibly should be very careful not to let other exploit me. I don't know if you are somebody who is 'too nice' or generous to a fault sometimes. If this is the case, then maybe this could be the warning. Or maybe you will have very good fortune but have to 'pay a price' for it somehow. Anyhow it is a very interesting result and I am curious on the outcome.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

Equinox now that you mentioned that I remember we were all discussing 42>41 and 41>42 but can't remember where/on what thread. Could you please find the link and add it here? The only thread I could find was about 42 to 41 (about a miscarriage).

D

diamanda

Thanks! I do hope that it plays out better than that for icysky, and also for your new job equinox.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, diamanda. I will update in half a year or so. And yes, also good luck to you, icysky. :)
After all I tend to think now that generally spoken there could be quite a few variants of interpretation:

You gain something profound but at the same time have to sacrifice something relevant.

or

Easy come, easy go
edit: respectively 'after the gathering comes the scattering'

or

Something seems to be fortunate but could come with the danger of being exploited.

or

Extraordinary gain in a period/situation of loss, caused by the circumstance that you followed your heart resp. were sincere, benevolent and lucky at the same time.

Last edited:

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
That would be 24.
41 and 42 are not really 'easy-going'.

I am not a native english speaker and thought this would be the english translation of the german saying "wie gewonnen, so zeronnen." A synonym phrase that sounds more bulky would be "after the gathering comes the scattering".

icysky

visitor
Reaction score
Wow thank you all for the replies. I didn't expect this change to be this "exciting"

I wouldn't consider myself to be nice to a fault, although people do find themselves that they have to mention it to me, on their own accord.
I guess I wouldn't know which perspective to consider this nice. My own or others.

Based on what I have read so far, my understanding is that there would a 2 extremes to be expected?
An extreme good and an extreme bad occurring rather close together?

I would quotes for easier who I'm referring to, but it's not that easy to type on the phone.

Equinox,
If it's the first scenario, I guess thats not too bad.

If it's the 2nd, omg in that case I'd probably got get into a relationship then... That's just preparing a train wreck

If it's the 3rd, hmm it might not be likely, since my original question was based on being in a relationship. Although it's plausible that I could be exploited, although I most definitely will do my best not to get involved in this kind of relationship, but I do not reject the idea I might be to blinded while I'm in it

If it's the 4th, that sounds like a terrible trade... The only loss I can have right now should be death, considering I don't have much to begin with. I highly doubt I would have any interest in much if it's anything this severe. Also if I reacted as such it would make this reading rather irrelevant.

Update from my present situation.
My class is getting more social overall. I can generally talk to those that put in at least some effort in the lesson.
That's pretty much it as of the end of this month.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).