...life can be translucent

Menu

Will my application get me a job interview? 32.1.2 -> 55

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been eager to find employment with a particular international aid agency for several years now--positions in my field of editing and writing don't come up too often with them. They recently advertised for a copywriter, for which I've now applied (with CV and cover letter). I cast as to whether my application will be successful and get me a job interview, and I got 32.1.2 -> 55.

My interpretation is that this speaks to my eagerness and desire, and that I may be rushing things or have rushed to complete the application, but that everything will work out ... ?

What do you think?

Best,
Compass :) :bows:

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hey there
Sound's frustrating

There are appears to be strong advice for patience and balance. I looked at hexagram 55.1 to possibly get an idea of a possible outcome. It appears possibly favourable but this could mean you have done all you can do.
To me the advice is get a grip and sit back and see what happens.
I also think that you are being advised that you are correct in applying.
So what you have done is right so the outcome in that sense could be positive.

hexagram 55.1 is pretty positive
Wilhelm/Baynes: When a man meets his destined ruler, they can be together ten days, and it is not a mistake. Going meets with recognition.

Steve

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at hexagram 55.1 to possibly get an idea of a possible outcome.

Why ? If 55.1 was his answer he would have cast 55.1 surely ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been eager to find employment with a particular international aid agency for several years now--positions in my field of editing and writing don't come up too often with them. They recently advertised for a copywriter, for which I've now applied (with CV and cover letter). I cast as to whether my application will be successful and get me a job interview, and I got 32.1.2 -> 55.

My interpretation is that this speaks to my eagerness and desire, and that I may be rushing things or have rushed to complete the application, but that everything will work out ... ?

What do you think?

Best,
Compass :) :bows:

Certainly it looked like the time to 'march out' and apply, I think the cast confirms that with the 55. The time is right, 'now or never' there's that kind of ambience to the cast. As a sentence the cast reads as 'Enduring's Abundance' or 'Lasting's Abundance' as if long term application is reaching a culmination. This does indeed seem to bode well for fruition of long term goals.

32.1 often shows up where one is really far too keen to make something lasting and certain before the situation will allow that, so yes it could refer to rushing and the strong desire to get this job as a 'solution' where it may not be one. Line 2 is more balanced, less anxious about the past /future, perhaps less concerned with the job as 'solution' more concerned with this as an integral progression of who you are and what you've been.

Hmm possibly I've made this sound a bit too grand for what it is.

Bear in mind often answers come back far 'bigger' than the question and seeing 32 and 55 here give me the idea this is less about this particular job more about the trajectory, the pathway you've taken, that job is on, so to speak.

I can't promise you'll get an interview or the job although I think it looks quite favourable but even if you don't, well I still think there's advice for you here generally about your work search which would be along the lines of not holding onto things too quickly as solutions in themselves, they may not be, they may be a stepping stone to somewhere else (32.1). That wouldn't mean it would be wrong to take that stepping stone. I think line 2 may show the other side of your attitude to it all where rather than viewing opportunities in terms of solutions to run to you are far more inclined to take things as they come, where you are less anxious and more 'in the flow'.

Maybe you don't grab onto things as solutions but the common attitude in line 1 is "I want this settled" when it just can't be at this time.

Let us know how it goes.

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Bear in mind often answers come back far 'bigger' than the question and seeing 32 and 55 here give me the idea this is less about this particular job more about the trajectory, the pathway you've taken, that job is on, so to speak.

Thanks for your insightful answer, Trojina. It's really helpful. The rush-to-action came partly from the job listing. The deadline to apply is February 2nd. However, the ad says that if they find someone suitable for the role before that time, then they will take down the listing. So I wanted to get in before that happens. The other influence to 'rush to act' was because I've been freelancing for almost 25 years now, and I'd like to do something different, something with international aid and developing nations, and this organization I've applied to happens to be located not too far from where I live, which would be better than having to travel all the way down to London for work. Plus, I've done freelance work for them in the past, so I like their ethics and mission statement.

I can't promise you'll get an interview or the job although I think it looks quite favourable but even if you don't, well I still think there's advice for you here generally about your work search which would be along the lines of not holding onto things too quickly as solutions in themselves, they may not be, they may be a stepping stone to somewhere else (32.1). That wouldn't mean it would be wrong to take that stepping stone. I think line 2 may show the other side of your attitude to it all where rather than viewing opportunities in terms of solutions to run to you are far more inclined to take things as they come, where you are less anxious and more 'in the flow'.

Maybe you don't grab onto things as solutions but the common attitude in line 1 is "I want this settled" when it just can't be at this time.

I can respect that 32.1.2 -> 55 has more to do with my career/life trajectory than with this job. Astrologically speaking, there appear to be some important things going on in my chart during the first half of 2018, so I'm interested to see how things develop. I'm in my 50s and I am concerned that my age may inhibit some places from taking a chance on me and would prefer someone much younger, though I know they wouldn't come out and say it.

Ultimately I have to respect and trust where my path is taking me and that my desire to make a difference is not a foolish pursuit--it comes from the heart. 'Making a difference', for me, could be big or small and more than likely behind the scenes; it means coming from a place of compassion that we in the developed world need to do what we can to help those in the developing world, especially those struggling with poverty and disease; and especially at a time when those in power don't appear to care or seem on the point of destroying us all through their own selfishness.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, I will.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I thought compass had a good comprehension of the situation so I just added info from the corresponding line, which looked worth mentioning I thought considering the question.
Will be looking forward to the update

Steve

compass

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Compass, how did all this pan out for you?

I didn't get the job, nor called for an interview, and I kind of resolved not to apply for any more jobs with that organization. I really like the organization, but I don't think I'm what they're looking for. So when another position opened up at the company last month, I didn't apply.

Meanwhile back in March, my sister-in-law forwarded to me a job listing for a writer/editor wanted by a start-up astrology service, so I applied, and we've hit it off. A slow start but progress is happening.

So the I Ching was right. :bows: I wanted the situation resolved, but it just proved a stepping stone onto something more important. And that's fine by me.

As so often happens, things I go after don't follow through like I'd like; however, it's those things that are placed in my path when I'm not searching for them that I pay most attention to.

I've started to liken this to my experience with cats. I've only ever bought one in my life--all the rest have been offered to me or wandered onto our doorstep and stayed for many years. :D:D:D

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update!
So to recap...
32.1 This path isn’t going any further.
32.2 But that’s okay.
55. This is as far as it goes.

I wish some brave soul would take on organizing a thread for discussing the meaning of the hexagrams when they come up as the second hexagrams...

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for the update, I am thinking that when you did apply it made you aware that it was a waste of time.
If you didnt apply then you may have always wondered what could be.

Thanks again
Steve

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).