5.5 > 11 Love

flowypetals

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need help in the answer I've gotten from I ching
I asked: What the future holds for us.
and have gotten 5.5 > 11

Some background story: Recently I grew interest in a guy I've met online, we have been talking to each other daily, more and more as the time goes. We could only talk on the phone because we are miles apart from each other. He told me he would visit me after he is done with his current work commitments.

Even though the connection is there, the uncertainties of LDR gets to me :/

Hex 5.5 > 11 gave me a feeling that I should enjoy the moment and wait for what is about to happen in the future. Is this what the hexagram is telling?

Thanks!

flowypetals

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Moss Elk, thanks for reaffirming my interpretation.

I've read in the forum that in this hex, what I want may or may not happen. Only can hope that the outcome will be positive :/

Today I asked: What kind of image do I bring across to him? I gotten 38.1.4 > 4
I have no idea what I ching is telling me, anyone can help? Thanks!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I've read in the forum that in this hex, what I want may or may not happen. Only can hope that the outcome will be positive :/

Hex 5 is talking about 'waiting' and line 5.5 is indicating that you are waiting inmidst of a comfortable situation. Of course this result doesn't promise you a good outcome, because the outcome isn't simply the matter of this hexagram, it's topic is explicitely about dealing with the very present. Therefore this result is not predictive, but descriptive, it is mirroring your situation. All in all is a good result in my opion. The advice is, as you already stated, that you should enjoy the moment in a state of peace of mind.

Today I asked: What kind of image do I bring across to him? I gotten 38.1.4 > 4

You may feel estranged from your lover at times -- As you already suggested, a geographical distance may sometimes bring along a emotional distance/ insecurities. But you don't have to worry, 'the horse that ran away, will be back'. This line is different from line 5.5 but it is similar in hindsight of that it is advising you NOT to chase for the things you desire. You can relax -- line 4 of 38 suggests that he seems to be a trustworthy ally.

Hex 4 probably referring to the fact that you are still at the beginning and things seem to appear unsure and unstructured to you. You don't have to feel threatened by this. You know that saying by Nietzsche? 'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.'

The online archive of www.onlineclarity.co.uk is a great ressource of knowledge regarding the Yi, since we can find various hands-on experiences of different people here. I learn and learned a lot from this archive. But still what counts most for you is the specific situation + your result + your gut feeling + your common sense. I always would take the experiences of others as an inspiration but keep on mind, that the Yi and you have your own way of conversation.

Last edited:

Meursault

visitor
Reaction score
hi! i know this is over a year ago, but i'm curious with what happened to your guy, with reading hex 5.5 to 11? was the outcome good and if so did it bring you peace (hex11)? I asked this today re a person too and got the same results :)

Meursault

visitor
Reaction score
hi flowy petals, i know this is over a year ago, but i'm curious with what happened to your guy, with reading hex 5.5 to 11? was the outcome good and if so did it bring you peace (hex11)? I asked this today re a person too and got the same results

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).