...life can be translucent

Menu

51 unchanging. 18.2.3.6>2 Job

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Hi. I am still trying to look for a job. Sorry if i bored you guys. But this is something really important to me.I am going to an interview on Wednesday. 1) how should i perform at the interview?Hexagram 51 unchanging.2) how will the interview unfold?Hexagram 18.2.3.6>2For question 1 i have no clue.Question 2. I will be meeting a man (hiring manager) and a lady(HR manager)Repairing what is spoiled by mother and father.How do i do that??Help needed. And much appreciated!!!

D

diamanda

Well done for securing an interview!

how should i perform at the interview? Hexagram 51 unchanging
They'll try to shock/intimidate you - don't lose your cool no matter what. Laugh if needed.
Also, make sure your CV/timeline is absolutely clear and ordered.
Make sure you remember everything you wrote in your CV and your application.

how will the interview unfold? Hexagram 18.2.3.6 > 2
You will realise they're both corrupt. You'll feel superior to them and most probably feel you don't want to work with them (18.6). The interview will end at some point (2). I'd say ignore this question, as it's a bit strangely phrased, and just go by the 51 advice.

Good luck!

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks diamanda.I have not been sleeping well past few nights.Worried and anxious. Really afraid i will messed up.But i will definitely heed your advice.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I like diamandas interpretations, they are always straightforward and daring.

Still I think your results could have other meanings here as well:

Maybe Yi is warning you here not always being so anxious and intimidated by other people.
Why, stevep? From what I know of you in the forum, you seem to be a really sincere and polite person who is open to the opinons of other people and also very grateful -- these are great qualities, and also some that make you a good workmate.

I am sure, if you give your best in being well prepared in your working field/ for the interviews, as diamanda suggested, and stop being so worried all the time a fitting job for you will come up at its time.

Maybe 51 UC is also saying you should try to attract and impress them and don't think you have to be so humble.

18.2.3.6>2 could also indicate that you are too hard with yourself which may have its origin in your family history. This can contribute to a feeling of insufficience for no reason in business situations.
18.6 in this context could mean that you aren't bound forever to the things your parents, teachers or whomever told you and you have a higher mission, namely your very own mission to fulfill in your life.

If diamanda is right and these people are bad, you still can take this interview situation as an excercise, as an practice situation to train presenting yourself well in such situations. Situations that nobody likes of course, they are akward ;) Don't grieve because of past interviews that didn't work out - we can learn a lot of each failed job interview for the next one.

I hope things will work out for you very soon -- hopefully this time -- and wish you all the best of luck!

Last edited:

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Alright. Working on it now. Hope they do not shock me with their "corruption". Will give an update on how the interview went.

ernobe

visitor
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of the Yi telling you how it should be approached. The first question "how should I perform at the interview?" received 51, the Yis' way of saying "Think about how you will perform, not how you should perform". Then asking the right question was as if you were asking "What did you mean by that?". Yis' response was 18.2.3.6 > 2 meaning that by getting your thoughts together in a difficult situation (18) you can gain the capacity for good results (2).

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Will Company B hire me? Hexagram 19.2.6 to 27

Update.I have done the interview.I arrived 20 mins earlier.Was greeted by the HR lady. i have asked if i needed to fill in any forms, she said no.I was shocked(51). Every time i go for an interview, i would need to fill up an application form. This time no form, no nothing.In my mind i was thinking, did someone else got the job before me?? So now they do not even bother to let me fill up a form.The man and lady arrived and gave me their name cards.The Man(manager) was sick(18) and was wearing a mask, i couldn't see his face.Interview went smoothly. But yet again i was told they are still going through the process. Results will only be out next week.Later in the day, I sent 2 'thank you' notes separately to both.The man responded almost immediately, but the lady no response.I asked IChing. Will Company B hire me?Hexagram 19.2.6 to 27.Please help.

ernobe

visitor
Reaction score
19.2.6 -> 27
First metal exhausts earth, then wood breaks it apart.
Based on the information they have given you (19) they will provide further information about the nature of their company and the reasons for hiring (or not hiring) you (27).
Nanjing rules give it as 19.4(8), meaning it will be a favorable learning experience for you, regardless of the outcome.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

It's impressive what happened with the lack of form to fill in. It goes to show that 51 is something we can never see coming. And more impressive that the guy was ill! (18)

Will Company B hire me? 19.2.6 > 27
I've had this combination, with good results, about a new mobile phone and about a first date with a guy. So I'll say yes they'll hire you. Because of hidden 24.6, keep a constant eye on your phone or email, as they might contact you sooner than you think. Fingers crossed!

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
What is Company B's reply to me? 6.5 to 64

Till now i have not receive any reply from Company B.I feel anxious and decided to ask IChing.What is Company B's reply to me?Hexagram 6.5 to 64.Can anyone help?

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I tend to think that they'll hire you.

If not, then somebody else will do it soon. Your conflictual situation is on its way to improvement.

Also I think that your first result hex 51 is still active and mirrors the way you feel right now.

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
They said they will let me know the outcome "before end of next week" , which is this week.I am so afraid they will ghost me.

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Update.I have asked the recruiter on the status. Recruiter said HR and Hiring managers are overseas, and results will only be known next week.Guys, does it mean its over?I mean if they do not want to hire me, why not tell me right away?Why bother with the "overseas" thingy ??

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
It's quite normal, that things like that take longer than innitially planned.

Stevep

visitor
Reaction score
Update.I did not get the job. Reason given was that my profile was not suitable. Thats all.

D

diamanda

Really sorry to hear that Steve. So it seems that in the case of a job, a resulting 27 means hunger as in no job. I hope something turns up for you soon!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that :/
Did you ever try a job application training btw? I did and it helped me a lot overcoming anxiety. Job application is a very akward thing, I also don't like it. Okay, most probably nobody does.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).