...life can be translucent

Menu

very cryptic reading!!

pepita45

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,I just cast a reading for a question (I have been using the IChing for years) that it's pretty straightforward and received the most cryptic reply. I have been separated and now divorced for the last 3 and half years. I am done with the mourning period and I am so ready to move on,and start dating again. So I asked: What is the best course of action to attract a new love into my life? I received 47 with no moving lines!! I can assure I am not depressed, I don't feel constrained in any way, in general quite happy with my life, and I really do not know what to make of it. Sometimes I am so tempted to throw Wilhelm book out of the window,but of course I will not.
Can anybody help me to understand this reply?
Thank you very much in advance

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I think it could mean that you shouldn't let possible rebuffs discourage you in the dating period. You say you are happy with yourself -- great. I find it very brave to mourn 3 years, many people never confront themselves so profoundly with past events but instead try to distract them as much as possible and never come to the point that they really got over a relationship.

So after all this you may think that you finally deserve a happy and working relationship again. I believe so as well. But don't get discouraged if it will not be immediately. Just keep a pleasant anticipation of the experiences that will cross your ways. Good luck and have fun.

P.S: Hex 47 in this context could also simply mean that you are fed up with being alone now, hence a simple description of the fact that you 'exhausted' the times of being single.

pepita45

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you equinox for your very helpful reply. I am a firm believer in a mourning period after the end of a long term relationship/marriage and I thank you for your good wishes.What you say about fed up with being single makes sense, even though I have not felt ready for another relationship until last autumn! What you say about being discouraged also makes a lot of sense,and I must cultivate the virtue of patience! Once again thank you very much.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
You are very welcome.
When it comes to unchanging hexagrams and I don't know how they relate to my situation, I often just take the titles and take them literally, while I do not concentrate on the text itself too much. This is of course no general formula, I know.
'Exhaustion' is one possible title of this hexagram -- as you know the word 'exhaustion' has not only a bad meaning. It can simply mean, that this mourning stage of your life is complete, fulfilled, exhausted now. So, I think, no reason to worry at all :)

I know your state of mind was not the question, your question was how to attract a new love, so this what I wrote now was an additional interpretation.

Last edited:

Carmina

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe: " the best course of action to attract a new love into your life is 47: no action out at all, it all happens inside/from the inside? There is where the course of action should take place? It may also be telling you that you have not healed yet. You need to heal first? I would ask what is still there that has not healed? Just a reading. Hope it helps further thinking. Best,

pepita45

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Carmina for your reply. I think have healed, I have been working on that for the past 3 and a half year. That is why I asked the I Ching what I could do to have a new love in my life.I am ready for a new love, but as Equinox stated it doesn't mean it is going to happen straightaway.I do think you are right, when you think I should do nothing,or maybe there is a part of me that is not completely healed yet, and I am not conscious of it. Food for thought certainly!! Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to reply.

Carmina

visitor
Reaction score
You're very welcome, pepita45. 47 is an hexagram that takes place inside and sometimes we are not even aware of it. Sometimes it is a feeling, and a very strong one. I would ask the Yi What is it that still needs to be healed, and see if you can recognize it. Sometimes I need to make many questions to finally understand that all I needed to know was already in the first answer. I am always the young fool seeking the superior as in H4; and the book is patient. Good luck!!

pepita45

visitor
Reaction score
Oh Carmina, you have no idea how many times I have drawn number 4 hexagram over the years :)!! When I have a quiet moment I shall ask if there is anything else that I need to heal before starting a new love.I will see if I can make sense of the answer. Thank you for your good wishes.

Carmina

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Pepita45: In my experience H4 has told me to go on living as a fool eager to learn, the answer will come in the future. I understood later that it was telling me that was trying to get the answers in advance and I was not ready to get them. Something like: live and you will learn, do not try to force what you need to learn. Be curious while living. All the best!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).