...life can be translucent

Menu

Relationship & faithfulness

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi guysI m new in this forum and I have to be here. I need your help about one thing that I asked the oracle and I can’t interpret. Please help ;)I asked the oracle about my fiancé faithfulness towards me. I did the q 3 time and I got this:First time I got: 50.2->56 (do you see him cheating on me in the future?)Second time I got: 47.4->29 (what outcome do you see about being cheated by him during our relationship?)Third time I got: 18.6->46 (what do you see about faithfulness from his side towards me?) Please advice me as i can’t really interpret the answer. Thanks allot

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Alexa,
Everyone seems to have their own theories about how a question should be asked but here are a few tips that work for me.

When you ask a question but do not understand the answer, don't be too quick to ask a second question.

Although some people will post several questions at a time, it's considered unproductive to ask the same question more than once (read the Judgement of hexagram 4. "It is not I who seek the young fool, the young fool seeks me. At first oracle I inform him. [the first time he asks, I tell him the answer] If he asks again it is importunity. If he importunes I will give no answer. [if you ask a second time the oracle will not give you a clear answer]). Although you have slightly altered the wording in your questions, they are basically the same question, so you are asking the same question again and so you get no clearer answer.

You asked if you were asking the question the wrong way. Well, there are no wrong questions or wrong answers, just ones that are less clear or less useful. The way you have phrased your question, "Do you see him cheating on me in the future?" is what is called a yes/no question because you are asking for a yes or no answer. The answers to Yes/No questions are difficult to interpret because there are no hexagrams that actually say "Yes" or "No". However, having said that I will attempt to decipher what 50.2 - 56 may be telling you. I think 50.2 is saying that if the two of you have something real together, even if others may try to tempt him to stray there will not be a problem. However, the line changes to hexagram 56. The Traveler so this seems to say that if your relationship is not good he will move on.

Welcome!
Rosada

Last edited:

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Rosada,Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. Thanks for your explanation about the way to put the Q. That’s helpful. In that case then I will have a look just at the first answer, at 50.2-56. Thank you for your help on understanding the answer. You been helpful. You mentioned that if we have something real he will not cheat. I believe we have something very real because he asked me to marry him about a month ago so our connection it’s very deep. So in order words 50.2 it says that the more I care about the relationship and the more I make it flourish the less change that he will cheat. And the 56 says that if the relationship will end up on the wrong path he will leave. It that means that he will leave rather than cheating or by leaving it means he goes with another girl? Thanks in advance. Alex

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Rosada,Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. Thanks for your explanation about the way to put the Q. That’s helpful. In that case then I will have a look just at the first answer, at 50.2-56. Thank you for your help on understanding the answer. You been helpful. You mentioned that if we have something real he will not cheat. I believe we have something very real because he asked me to marry him about a month ago so our connection it’s very deep. So in order words 50.2 it says that the more I care about the relationship and the more I make it flourish the less change that he will cheat. And the 56 says that if the relationship will end up on the wrong path he will leave. It that means that he will leave rather than cheating or by leaving it means he goes with another girl? Thanks in advance. Alex

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
We are getting married in June. So I m trying to understand what I m getting into. You know, before this step, we girls, think 100 things and 100 times. :)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
56. The Traveler means moving on. I don't see any reference to cheating here so I see 56 as only meaning that if a time comes when the relationship no longer works he will move on - and if the relationship is working he doesn't travel on until death-do-you-part. So I think these are very positive omens indicating that your partner is sincere and certainly isn't intending to cheat. One thing about 50.2 however, while it does suggest good feeling at the beginning of a project, it also emphasizes the importance of cultivating this opportunity. So I think the I Ching is telling you that unless there is something here you haven't told us - like has he been known to cheat on his girl friends in the past? Was he cheating on a former girl friend when he started dating you? - it appears to me that faithfulness needn't be a concern - your concern need only be that you keep cultivating the relationship and not take him for granted.

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rosada, thanks for your reply. It helps me :)I will respond to your questions. “...has he been known to cheat on his girl friends in the past?” - no, I know based on what he told me that he was a faithful guy when he was in a serious relationship. And based on how he is as character and person it’s likely that he said the truth. “...Was he cheating on a former girl friend when he started dating you?” - when we started he was in touch with an ex girl but was nothing serious and both were aware about it. There was nothing between them anymore, but after what they had ended they just stairs in touch as friends. He closed the friendship when he understood that he wants something serious with me bcs he considered that being in touch with her would not be nice for me and that happened more or less 3 months after we started to date. I wouldn’t call it cheating on me or on her but yes was a unsecured period till he decided to make it work with me seriously” But the above things changes anything on the interpretation of the 50.2-56 ? Thanks allot Rosada. You are very helpfully.

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rosada, thanks for your reply. It helps me :)I will respond to your questions. “...has he been known to cheat on his girl friends in the past?” - no, I know based on what he told me that he was a faithful guy when he was in a serious relationship. And based on how he is as character and person it’s likely that he said the truth. “...Was he cheating on a former girl friend when he started dating you?” - when we started he was in touch with an ex girl but was nothing serious and both were aware about it. There was nothing between them anymore, but after what they had ended they just stairs in touch as friends. He closed the friendship when he understood that he wants something serious with me bcs he considered that being in touch with her would not be nice for me and that happened more or less 3 months after we started to date. I wouldn’t call it cheating on me or on her but yes was a unsecured period till he decided to make it work with me seriously” But the above things changes anything on the interpretation of the 50.2-56 ? Thanks allot Rosada. You are very helpfully.

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Morning Rosada, What do you suggest to read in order to learn more how to interpret the I Ching. Do you recommend a specific book?Thanks. Alexandra

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rosada, I hope you will have a second to let me know your opinion and your advice. Thanks with my heart :)

Peter Belt

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Alexa,

It is indeed not a good idea to ask the same question over and over (how much time did you let go between each question)? As Rosada said, there is even a Hexagram devoted to this, Hexagram 4, which I sometimes get if I've asked the same question (either directly or indirectly, or even if it is a question that I haven't already asked but to which deep down I already know the answer).

But what strikes me most is that you are actually sleeping next to the person that could answer your question without ambiguity. I mean, marriage is (supposed to be) for life, and one should only commit to life with someone that one trusts 100%, or at least feel comfortable enough as to ask this kind of super important questions, don't you think?

Sorry if this goes a bit off the topic of the I Ching, I just feel that the Oracle is here to help us find our own way and help our intuition, not to replace open and honest (and much needed) conversations between humans :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).