...life can be translucent

Menu

55.2.4 to 11 - how to live this situation happily?

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
55.2.4 to 11

Ok basically theres the graduation day (university)
And im both scared about the fast ending and excitrd about th big moment

I would like to live it well..but how?

ernobe

visitor
Reaction score
It is a difficult reading. I will attempt to sort it out by saying that the elements of both hexagrams are not in a balanced relationship. Fire is exhausting wood in 55 and metal is exhausting earth in 11. The change is balanced but destructive: fire destroys metal below, while above wood destroys earth. So it appears to show a self-destructive behaviour about which nothing rational can be said. It's as if you will experience the graduation as a collective suicide, like Jim Jones in Guyana. Nanjing rules give it as 55.3(7) of which the Ten Wings says,

'There is an (additional) screen of a large and thick banner:'—great things should not be attempted (in such circumstances). 'He breaks his right arm:'—in the end he will not be fit to be employed.

It's saying that after the graduation you will not all be attending the same school. It means that as a group you will "not be fit to be employed", and that the future depends rather on each individuals' own insight.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
55.2.4 to 11

Ok basically theres the graduation day (university)
And im both scared about the fast ending and excitrd about th big moment

I would like to live it well..but how?

I think it's just a simple description. This is a culmination (55) so ride it (11)

If you read the lines they say you go on despite anxieties.

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
:D

Thank you ernobe!! that's very thoughtful and interesting, my I ching book doesn't talk about the suicide, it says I don't see things clearly. Well, actually I'm having a sort of negative behavior because I keep thinking about what others would do or would behave to enjoy it fully, while instead I'm like ''uhmm what do i do now??!!''i'm a weird italian XDThank you Trojina! So you think the line 4 will bring me out of this anxious mood xD Perhaps after all of that I will feel good... I just hope there will be the right people around!!! :)

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
the group

i wished i could do something more with the group but it seems we will do separate things (as you said, individuals' own insight)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you ernobe!! that's very thoughtful and interesting, my I ching book doesn't talk about the suicide, it says I don't see things clearly. Well, actually I'm having a sort of negative behavior because I keep thinking about what others would do or would behave to enjoy it fully, while instead I'm like ''uhmm what do i do now??!!''i'm a weird italian XDThank you Trojina! So you think the line 4 will bring me out of this anxious mood xD Perhaps after all of that I will feel good... I just hope there will be the right people around!!! :)

Let me check I have the situation right. As I understand it you are an adult just finishing university and are anxious about your graduation day, that is the day you will be awarded your degree ? This is a ceremony. You aren't going back to any 'school', you are graduating from university as an adult ?

You are not asking about your job prospects, you are asking about this day that you are nervous about.

55 here is very descriptive. The sun cannot shine brighter than it is at noon. it is your time to march forth and take your award.

Line 2 describes the anxieties that can arise yet there is good fortune. This isnb't telling you to turn around and go back or anything. Line 4 says you might find support where you least expect it or find strength from a source you wouldn't anticipate. For example a friend may be even more nervous than you and you find strength in supporting her. That's just an example as 55.4 is quite a mysterious line.
11 there shows you being swept along as your life progresses onwards.

Big day, don't mind worries, going onwards brings good fortune. :D

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So it appears to show a self-destructive behaviour about which nothing rational can be said. It's as if you will experience the graduation as a collective suicide, like Jim Jones in Guyana. Nanjing rules give it as 55.3(7) of which the Ten Wings says,

She didn't get 55.3 she got 55.2 and 55.4 but even if she had got 55.3 I think 'collective suicide like Jim Jones in Guyana' is a bit of a stretch if we are simply speaking of a graduation day surely to goodness !
It's a bit of a downer telling someone they will experience their graduation day as 'collective suicide' and I don't see that that suggestion is even in the reading at all.

And this

It's saying that after the graduation you will not all be attending the same school. It means that as a group you will "not be fit to be employed", and that the future depends rather on each individuals' own insight.

Well they aren't going back to 'school' it's a graduation from university. As for the prediction 'that as a group you will "not be fit to be employed" well hang on why would anyone employ them as a group anyway ? When you graduate you don't all apply together for one job ?

I think we must have entirely different understandings of this person's situation/question.

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a master degree, and then you say bye bye to the University, because you have finished everything. But that day you have to discuss your dissertation, they make questions and then there's the ceremony (same day). There are also other people around, and other boys and girls who have to graduate too. After that there's usually a big party or some shouts and hilarious things (but i think it's not my case XD)

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
well... I just found out that we won't even be together! Basically, we have to split up and I can't have much fun because I end before the others, so they don't allow you to do much there... I would have to split up, which is just sad and I wouldn't have loved it to go that way, but they decided this...

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
Guys,
I asked if i will be happy about the way it is going the day and the small party after that.
62.4 to 15

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
Hello! Well... It was too way normal to be a graduation o_O Instead of being crazy and shouting or else, I was silent, limited, shy... !!!I think it suits the line, where the sun and the light was obscured...But, I was happy and satisfied inside. I just felt so tired because 'till that morning I was too much anxious and I could barely sleep at night.No big parties and noise, I called 1 boy and 4 girls and we ate something, but they were too much polite and I kept being in my dreamy world ahahah. Except the boy, he got almost scared about hte fact we were all normal ahah

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).