...life can be translucent

Menu

Shall I tell him the truth? Hex 23.6>2

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Good evening all, as some of you might know at my office job I'm currently working only with two girls-young one and older one. Older one is negatively influencing the other one, and they are both toxic. Especially the older one, which is extremely negative, badmouthing and hateful towards almost everyone. On the surface she is viewed as talkative and positive. I work with them for 2 years and I know it is just a mask.
Soon we will be getting a new person to our team.
In the past every new person who was working with us was easily manipulated by the girls and I was left alone to cope. I never said anything bad about them, holding up the rule to not say bad things because what would be the difference between me and them? The new person is a male. I know the guy, he is okay albeit has tendency to overindulge in alcohol (probably due to not very happy marriage) and I believe he might be prone to manipulation by them. I asked the Oracle whether should I tell him more or less what to expect from the girls:
Shall I tell him the truth? Hex 23.6>2
But also asked whether
Shall I *not* tell him anything about them at all? Hex 36.1.3>2
What more experienced Yjing readers see as the more beneficial option here?

D

diamanda

Both the answers sound "sweet and sour" to me.

Shall I tell him the truth? 23.6 > 2
He will support you but the overall imagery is not that great. This combination is a painful one.

Shall I *not* tell him anything about them at all? 36.1.3 > 2
This sounds a tiny bit better. A bit less pain here. He will find out for himself, in the long-run.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Both the answers sound "sweet and sour" to me.Shall I tell him the truth? 23.6 > 2 He will support you but the overall imagery is not that great. This combination is a painful one.Shall I *not* tell him anything about them at all? 36.1.3 > 2 This sounds a tiny bit better. A bit less pain here. He will find out for himself, in the long-run.
Thank you.. I'm just so tired with the "long run", nothing ever changed that girl is undermining everything in this team and others are blind to it. As an empath I'm suffering from it even more. I'm looking for new job but no luck so far. I thought that the first casting will mean open conflict somehow..

D

diamanda

I thought that the first casting will mean open conflict somehow
It might well mean that. And the winner of the conflict will be whoever is higher in the company hierarchy. Who is senior in position at work here? Because this is who will win.

Such nasty creatures can never be defeated if they're higher up. Sad but true... Even if they're not that high up, since they're very 'established', I don't see how you could defeat them, since it's obvious it's not in your nature to play their game.

D

diamanda

that girl is undermining everything in this team and others are blind to it
I'm pretty certain they're just pretending to not see it. Nastiness is hard to miss. But a lot of people turn a blind eye because they need to keep their jobs to survive.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Nobody is higher she is there for like 3 years but never care to achieve anything. She is albeit much more social than me. I only wonder whether the new guy will not be able to resist and somewhat join their side".

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Just to clarify, she is working there longer than me but our positions are the same. And yeah energetically wise I don't want to go into another open conflict with someone sitting 0.5m far from me. But her behavior is the essence of negative trolling. For example, one of her favourite things is to badmouth and laugh at someone who is listening to music on the headphones and can't even notice she is doing that and suckling others in to laugh from him. It's like 9 years old behaviour, she is 30. She looks, eats and feels very unhealthy. She must be very unhappy inside.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
23.6 - 2 seems to be reminding you that you are looking to move on from this job so focus on that and don't worry about this soon-to-be past drama. It occurs to me that perhaps the Universe in knowing you are moving on has supplied these co-workers with a new victim so they can all work out their karma together. You no longer need to be a part of this drama. Turn your role over to the new guy and detach!

36.1 - No need to take on the chore of enlightening the new guy.
36.3 - You probably couldn't help him anyway. He'll figure it out for himself. It's gotta take some time but he'll get it.
2. Again, detach, maintain a non-judgemental attitude. The less emotionally involved -magnetized! - you are to these people the more easily a new job will open for you.

Last edited:

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Rosada. I am working on it! :)Your readings are always spot on. Working as a mental balsam to me hahaha :)

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Btw, I also asked the Oracle whether I should openly tell her (as opposed to what she is saying all day long and poisoning me with her remarks) that I appreciate this job and I am grateful to it. Basically, to start being more positive.
Hexagram 37.6>63
So the initial hex 37 I think says its a good idea, but the outcome of 63 says that this is dangerous path - once I will 'cross that river' there will be no turning back (hence the fox with the water under his head- danger). So I am more or less in doubt here. Maybe its better to keep low profile.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Omg! I had the same thought come floating through my brain. I wrote something to you to that effect but then thought, "That's crazy!" and deleted it. What I was thinking was that you first make a point of detaching, like you don't even look up when you hear office chatter, let it become obvious that you are not a part of this game, you're just there to do your job. Then when there is a quiet moment you say something to her that shows you see her and that you have compassion for her, something like, "Are you okay today? Yes? Oh, okay, good."
Anyway, not sure what that would do, I just think it's interesting you and I came to a similar conclusion.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Omg! I had the same thought come floating through my brain. I wrote something to you to that effect but then thought, "That's crazy!" and deleted it. What I was thinking was that you first make a point of detaching, like you don't even look up when you hear office chatter, let it become obvious that you are not a part of this game, you're just there to do your job.
Funny enough, I just did exactly that on Friday late afternoon... She is in trouble because her landlord is ''selling the place'' and she needs to find something quickly. Like in 2.5 half weeks. Rental market in Dublin is extremely bad. She was renting a room. Well, sufficient to say is that with the same salary as her and almost 3x bigger rent I can afford to not only rent a spacious (and now free of beetles ;) ) place in a good location but even save enough money to fulfill my wishes. Of course, I am not spending money on drinking every week... she had enough of time to save and look for a flat but instead they went on a holidays to Spain to drink and party. So, it's just her own doing... I am not judging, just observing.
Then when there is a quiet moment you say something to her that shows you see her and that you have compassion for her, something like, "Are you okay today? Yes? Oh, okay, good." Anyway, not sure what that would do, I just think it's interesting you and I came to a similar conclusion.
So, she doesnt look healthy. Those kind of people have a very similar look to their faces. Like living with negative emotions leave a permanent imprint on their faces. Its hard to explain, but very obvious to me. I told her on that day - ''you look tired recently, are you sleeping okay?''. She was like ''yes, yes 6 hours'' etc... Poor soul. Not my job to heal her, albeit I try to wish her the best even for the hardship she creates for me daily.

EmMacha

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting that both casts have Hexagram 2 as the relating hexagram.

Could you see it as a 2 situation (the ocean the questions swim in?

1. Be receptive, be the earth here, see if he comes to you? Wait for him to mention it? Or even react in some way to her behaviour? (I think he will)
  2. Take no action, not even in trying to figure out an action, and allow the direction to unfold?

It seems to me that the mare in hexa 2 is carrying you somewhere anyway, regardless of either question, and
that that far distant goal is more important.

See I could see 23.6 as manifesting in a way that splits you off completely, it could so easily turn on you.

I have had situations like this turn on me, where in warning a person about another person that my instincts were screaming at me about, the person I was protecting turned on me and allied with the 'bad energy' person, the one I didn't trust. (Later, looking back, the initial person was not that affected, or was not going to be affected, or saw the situation and person differently. Sometimes they were not going to see the person and their behaviour for a loooong time, and trying to prevent it can stop their learning. Sometimes the person has a natural unconscious defence against the more toxic person, and unfortunately sometimes they are not that different, and have a petty or bitchy streak too.)

You are identifying with this other man here, maybe even projecting your own experience onto him. Making an attachment, with the secrecy of not telling him (36). That brightness hiding could be you holding a secret, the feeling and knowledge of holding a secret, that could cause you to be hidden in other ways or hidden from him if he does reach out.

It's still an attitude, both questions are attitudes, and I have found with hexa 2 that releasing attitudes as much as possible is best to move with the energy of this hexagram.

Getting hexa 2 as the relating on both questions could be Yi highlighting, underlining this hexagram for you.

Maybe: Don't 'reveal the truth', don't hold back and 'hide the light' ,
don't hold either attitude, but instead, sit back, be receptive, let it unfold, 'follow' the situation.

I often find 'Pathfinder' useful for I-Ching casts about work/politics :
Hexagram 02 Effect:
The model of the moment: There are things behind the scenes of which you are unaware. Let others lead the way for now, child. Help from associates is crucial at this time to your success. The course usually recommended for such times: Yielding to the forces at hand is appropriate. Following, rather than leading, is indicated as the best course for the time and circumstances. Do service to an existing cause, but do not strive to create a new one. Don't allow yourself to become consumed by what could be; rather, deal with what is

Just noticed [post=#8]Rosada's[/post] reply:
2. Again, detach, maintain a non-judgemental attitude. The less emotionally involved -magnetized! - you are to these people the more easily a new job will open for you.

This chimes with my vision here, see the broad scope of hexa 2, wide open steppes.

37.6 seems to say to me, 'be the influential leader of the 'family' here, have confidence in the relationships you have built up with your other co-workers, again be magnetic

Em

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks! I just noticed your answer today. (just about time as that new person just joined our team after finished training - talk about good timing). I need to be careful and not talk too much to him about her. I only mentioned that she's constantly late and I think the management had a word with her but 'she's still late'.. - didn't felt right me telling this. So I will abstain from it and rather react to her own negativity on the spot. I will keep you guys updated.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).