...life can be translucent

Menu

Rasalila

visitor
Reaction score
I've gotten several readings that refer to the fact that I need to finish out my karma with my husband. The wording was something like, accept that you're still working through karma with this person. So I asked what needed to happen in order to finish up our karma, as I'd like to leave this relationship but every time I try, we end up being pulled back together as if by some invisible force. The reading was 63.1.3>8. Any ideas? Thank you!!

D

diamanda

I've gotten several readings that refer to the fact that I need to finish out my karma with my husband. The wording was something like, accept that you're still working through karma with this person.
Hi Rasalila, I Ching doesn't mention karma anywhere, or at least I don't think so. What was the reading that said that?

Rasalila

visitor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't write it down. I mostly read James DeKorne's translations. Perhaps the word used was fate or destiny. I will do some research and try to find it.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Diamanda's right, karma is not a concept that's in the I Ching per se. I recommend sticking to literal translations for awhile, Hilary's on this site is very good, and Wilhelm is often closer to a clear translation too. Avoid the new age ones that are overly interpreted, they often muddle things up.

63.1.3 -> 8 is a warning-type reading. It suggests caution about pressing ahead when things are not ripe and overshooting the mark, thereby inviting humiliation, though you're not really at fault (63.1) and a warning about how you arrange things after a victory, a warning about not letting corruption seep in by assuming "out of sight, out of mind" (63.3). 63.3 in particular suggests to me that you have left this relationship, and made the break, but any fantasy you have that you can somehow isolate this problematic relationship and continue to indulge in it in a clearly defined way that doesn't influence the rest of your life, is just that, a fantasy. You can't quarantine this corruption, and you can't assign it to a distant area of your life and think it will still be OK. You conquered something very difficult and now you need to root out the final bits of corruption and not think, "Hmm, just a little bit of dabbling in this is OK."

The relating hex of 8 is harder to read without more details about your relationship. The line "Whoever comes too late invites misfortune" always gives pause. It's hard to say which way that is meant in your case, though.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).