...life can be translucent

Menu

All 6 lines changing

Peter Belt

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there!

I wanted to share this reading with you, since all lines were changing and that's the first time that happens to me, and a)this might interest you and b)I'm not sure I know how to handle such readings.

The context is as follows: I just rented a house for my family and me for this summer. The house looks great and the host was very friendly. Once the deal was made, however, the owner became much more silent and wouldn't send me the exact address of the house (the website gives only the area, prior to the deal being settled, but I'm surprised they will only disclose the exact address "once the start of the renting period is approaching").

Anyhow, I asked "how is this vacation going to go in that house" to the I Ching.

Answer: 52.1.2.3.4.5.6 > 58

Having 52 with all lines changing towards 58 looks like a situation that has early difficulties that are actually going towards something much more friendly and sharing, but I've never experienced so many lines moving before. Does it mean that 52 is almost in the past already, should I still be cautious?

Thank you for your insights. Since this is a bit unusual I will post in this thread with news, in order to document this reading, it might be helpful.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hi
I am guessing its like a holiday home. I agree very odd not to get the exact address. I wouldnt have paid a dime until I had the address. Saying this to me the reading looks fortunate its as if you may not need to wait to long before good news as the situation is racing through hexagram 52. The result is hexagram 58 so that's fairly positive. I see it as that or that in general there will be a process but will turn out ok.

Steve

Please update the thread I would like to know if I read this correctly.

Steve

Peter Belt

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Steve, thanks for your answer!

I'm using airbnb (for 5 years now), so I was pretty confident the house is ok (from the photos and comments). I was just puzzled that the address didn't show up even after closing the deal.

It turns out (the host finally answered my second email pressing for an address): there is no other more detailed address than what I already got (just the name of a road and the name of a house lot), that's the only postal address they have (it's a pretty remote place).

So I guess as you say that the result should be ok.

My general question remains though: why a 6-line-changing hexagram? Because the situation was just about to change and relax? What is the general meaning of having a 6-line changing hexagram? (hmm maybe this question should go into the "exploring divination" part, I'll repost it there with what I learn about this reading, eventually).

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
What is the general meaning of having a 6-line changing hexagram?

There is no special meaning.

It is the only way to create the related hexagram from the received hexagram.

(hex 1 and 2 have special text for 6 lines changing, but that in itself could be considered the start of an unfinished work: needs 62 more. The Forest of Changes is another attempt to finish the unfinished. 4096)

Peter Belt

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Moss Elk, that speaks to me a lot.

It does look like "unfinished work" indeed...

Also, I've also very often had this feeling, that relates to your remark
There is no special meaning. It is the only way to create the related hexagram from the received hexagram.
that changing lines are sometimes there to gives us the *main* information of the reading, kind of binding the two hexagrams together (which means that in those cases the lines are the most important information of the reading), but other times changing lines appear in order to create a second hexagram (in which cases the most important information are not the informations residing in all the changing lines -like in this particular reading-, but in the information conveyed by those 2 particular hexagrams combined together). Does it make any sense?

steve

visitor
Reaction score
From what I understand the only times there is a major impact is when hexagram 1 has all the lines changing.

I read James DeKornes view which is quite incredible to me (please see below)
http://www.jamesdekorne.com/GBCh/hex1.htm

Personal Note: The very first time I ever consulted theI ChingI received The Dynamic with all changing lines. At the time I didn't understand it, and it meant nothing to me; in retrospect I see that it was a portent which has changed my entire life.

So the first time he ever cast he received this, also he states it meant nothing at the time, :eek:thats mind blowing

Steve

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry also my personal take on my readings when I get 6 lines changing, its either a fluid situation or there will be a process that will depend on the question and the resulting hexagram.

Steve

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the obvious:
When all six lines change,
the primary hex is influenced or 'colored' by it's opposite hexagram

But still, this seems not remarkable.
(or anymore of a sign)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,