...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hexagram 27.6 > 24 Son and drug problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hexagram 27.6 > 24 Son and drug problem

My son lives many hundreds of miles away and has always had a problem with drugs and also is bipolar. He's on meds when he remembers and has the money. Yeah.

He's been relapsing about every six weeks and losing his job as a result. And mama here has helped him when he's REALLY needed it.

I told him today that this is his last chance for help from me, that I will not continue to do this and that he really needs to find someone to live with. He's in a rent-by-the-week hotel, and the atmosphere couldn't be any worse. Plus it's expensive.

So I asked the Yi: Is my son going to "get it" this time? I'm at my wit's end with him as his problem has been in existence for years and I've tried every avenue that I can. Other family members are an impossibility.

Interpretations would be most appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

hi,

It looks like Yi is showing the difficulty of the situation (you the nourisher, him with the appetite), and advising caution on your part, so you don't get eaten.

When he is in need, does he listen to you? Would he follow your advice? Is there some kind of assisted living or halfway house he can join? (he obviously needs help.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

27.6 > 24 also shows that whoever is the source of nourishment has the upper hand, is easy-going, and can come and go as they please (24). So maybe show him that you've got the upper hand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moss Elk View Post
    hi,

Is there some kind of assisted living or halfway house he can join? (he obviously needs help.)
    Thanks, Moss Elk. Yes, indeed he does need help. I'm praying that this time he understands the gravity of this. And the importance of taking the bipolar meds.

First step I've taken today is to give him the address and phone number of his local Narcotics Anonymous office. He's going by there and is going to call me afterwards.

Thank you for your kind answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamanda View Post
    27.6 > 24 also shows that whoever is the source of nourishment has the upper hand, is easy-going, and can come and go as they please (24). So maybe show him that you've got the upper hand?
    Thank you, diamanda. And I can be toooo easy-going and forget sometimes how lying is typical of users. I am cracking the whip with the money and insisting he attend N.A. at the very least, and get a sponsor. If he works the program, he can get better! And it's essential that he get this under control. His life is at stake.

He is a manipulator, that's for sure.

Bless you for taking the time to answer. I needed an affirmation that I've got the upper hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moss Elk View Post
    hi,

It looks like Yi is showing the difficulty of the situation (you the nourisher, him with the appetite), and advising caution on your part, so you don't get eaten.

When he is in need, does he listen to you? Would he follow your advice? Is there some kind of assisted living or halfway house he can join? (he obviously needs help.)
    Update: He is on the list to get into a 30-day rehab program. After that, he's planning on applying at one of several Oxford Houses in the city where he lives. They are sober living houses with 6-7 people per house.

The past couple of weeks have been difficult for him to do much. It's been raining like hell where he lives and he rides a bicycle only, doesn't have a good raincoat. He had a doctor's appt. this morning to have his knee checked. He says it's been in bad shape for awhile.

Moss Elk, does he listen to me? Sometimes . . . Lots of times, something comes up and he doesn't follow through. Methinks most of the time it's B.S., unfortunately. But that's par for the course in substance abuse, unfortunately. Things could get so much better for folks if they didn't have that predeliction . . . (If wishes were horses, right?)

Thank you for your input!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamanda View Post
    Diamanda, I try to keep the upper hand. If I can do that 1/4 of the time, I feel (somewhat) successful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Betrdanevr, you can do what you can do. It's obvious you love your son a lot. It's so hard and sad to have to deal with a loved one's severe addiction... Please look after yourself too, keep on keeping on

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamanda For This Useful Post:

betrdanevr (March 4th, 2018), equinox (March 3rd, 2018)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

An addict has to hit bottom. Padding the bottom doesn't help. But neither does tough love always work. You can only be there for him when he's recovering, and 24 is a good gua for that. It's a good sign that he seems to be taking your tips.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bradford For This Useful Post:

betrdanevr (March 4th, 2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello betrdanevr,
    pardon me that I don 't answer exactly on your question, I think the others already gave various and interesting insights here.
    I ask myself if YOU have something that nourishes (hex 27) you and helps you finding back to yourself (hex24) in order to stay in your eqilibrium and to have joy in your life?
    This is an extraordinary situation and I think it is very exhausting. I really hope that you also find enough space to give yourself and your needs some attention, "so you don't get eaten", as Moss Elk said.
    All the best of luck for you and your son!
    Last edited by equinox; March 3rd, 2018 at 11:45 AM.
    Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic -- Frida Kahlo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to equinox For This Useful Post:

betrdanevr (March 4th, 2018)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast