...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 27.6 > 24 Son and drug problem

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
My son lives many hundreds of miles away and has always had a problem with drugs and also is bipolar. He's on meds when he remembers and has the money. Yeah. :brickwall:

He's been relapsing about every six weeks and losing his job as a result. And mama here has helped him when he's REALLY needed it.

I told him today that this is his last chance for help from me, that I will not continue to do this and that he really needs to find someone to live with. He's in a rent-by-the-week hotel, and the atmosphere couldn't be any worse. Plus it's expensive.

So I asked the Yi: Is my son going to "get it" this time? I'm at my wit's end with him as his problem has been in existence for years and I've tried every avenue that I can.:hissy: Other family members are an impossibility.

Interpretations would be most appreciated.:bows:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
hi,

It looks like Yi is showing the difficulty of the situation (you the nourisher, him with the appetite), and advising caution on your part, so you don't get eaten.

When he is in need, does he listen to you? Would he follow your advice? Is there some kind of assisted living or halfway house he can join? (he obviously needs help.)

D

diamanda

27.6 > 24 also shows that whoever is the source of nourishment has the upper hand, is easy-going, and can come and go as they please (24). So maybe show him that you've got the upper hand?

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
hi,

Is there some kind of assisted living or halfway house he can join? (he obviously needs help.)

Thanks, Moss Elk. Yes, indeed he does need help. I'm praying that this time he understands the gravity of this. And the importance of taking the bipolar meds.

First step I've taken today is to give him the address and phone number of his local Narcotics Anonymous office. He's going by there and is going to call me afterwards.

Thank you for your kind answer.:)

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
27.6 > 24 also shows that whoever is the source of nourishment has the upper hand, is easy-going, and can come and go as they please (24). So maybe show him that you've got the upper hand?

Thank you, diamanda. And I can be toooo easy-going and forget sometimes how lying is typical of users. I am cracking the whip with the money and insisting he attend N.A. at the very least, and get a sponsor. If he works the program, he can get better! And it's essential that he get this under control. His life is at stake.

He is a manipulator, that's for sure.

Bless you for taking the time to answer. I needed an affirmation that I've got the upper hand.

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
hi,

It looks like Yi is showing the difficulty of the situation (you the nourisher, him with the appetite), and advising caution on your part, so you don't get eaten.

When he is in need, does he listen to you? Would he follow your advice? Is there some kind of assisted living or halfway house he can join? (he obviously needs help.)

Update: He is on the list to get into a 30-day rehab program. After that, he's planning on applying at one of several Oxford Houses in the city where he lives. They are sober living houses with 6-7 people per house.

The past couple of weeks have been difficult for him to do much. It's been raining like hell where he lives and he rides a bicycle only, doesn't have a good raincoat. He had a doctor's appt. this morning to have his knee checked. He says it's been in bad shape for awhile.

Moss Elk, does he listen to me? Sometimes . . . :eek: Lots of times, something comes up and he doesn't follow through. Methinks most of the time it's B.S., unfortunately. But that's par for the course in substance abuse, unfortunately. Things could get so much better for folks if they didn't have that predeliction . . . (If wishes were horses, right?) :brickwall:

Thank you for your input!:bows:

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score

Diamanda, I try to keep the upper hand. If I can do that 1/4 of the time, I feel (somewhat) successful. :duh:

D

diamanda

Betrdanevr, you can do what you can do. It's obvious you love your son a lot. It's so hard and sad to have to deal with a loved one's severe addiction... Please look after yourself too, keep on keeping on :hug:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
An addict has to hit bottom. Padding the bottom doesn't help. But neither does tough love always work. You can only be there for him when he's recovering, and 24 is a good gua for that. It's a good sign that he seems to be taking your tips.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Hello betrdanevr,
pardon me that I don 't answer exactly on your question, I think the others already gave various and interesting insights here.
I ask myself if YOU have something that nourishes (hex 27) you and helps you finding back to yourself (hex24) in order to stay in your eqilibrium and to have joy in your life?
This is an extraordinary situation and I think it is very exhausting. I really hope that you also find enough space to give yourself and your needs some attention, "so you don't get eaten", as Moss Elk said.
All the best of luck for you and your son!

Last edited:

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
An addict has to hit bottom. Padding the bottom doesn't help. But neither does tough love always work. You can only be there for him when he's recovering, and 24 is a good gua for that. It's a good sign that he seems to be taking your tips.

He told me he's hit his bottom. I hope he remembers that. I am happy to hear that 24 is good gua. Yeah. Good gua. :) Many thanks.

suryauday

visitor
Reaction score
27.6 & 24:-27.6 means that your sub-conscious mind echoes your apparent thought process wherein you have said that you will not provide nourishment to your son anymore, however 24 signifies that subsequently it will lead to a start of a rethought process. In my views you will have to be in continuous touch with Iching at every stage to find a long lasting solution.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
27.6 & 24:-27.6 means that your sub-conscious mind echoes your apparent thought process wherein you have said that you will not provide nourishment to your son anymore, however 24 signifies that subsequently it will lead to a start of a rethought process.

What thought process led you think this?

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Dear betdrandevr, I feel for you, But would recommend that you look up Kwashiorka Drug Treatment on 'Orthomolecular Medicine' on the web. My son has kicked the habit, a habit of very long years. High doses of Vitamin C and Vitamin B3 (Niacin). He is now so cheerful and helpful. I hear him laugh - something I haven't heard in years. He only used to phone me for cash, now he asks how I am and if I need any help. He has a little shelf with all his vitamins laid out and takes them religiously. He now takes a weekly class teaching Art and Craft for other recoverers. P.S. Orthomolecular Medicine site is a non-profit site and has free downloads on all sorts of medical matters.

zuzieq

visitor
Reaction score
Hex 27 line 6 is a reminder that all nourishment (support wisdom love) provided to others must come from the Self in order to nourish you both.
Of no value, possible even harmful when the source of nourishment stems from outside of the self-- from the mind which sums up, judges, worries.. from the emotions which feels shame guilt despair... from outside ones self- society media or rules for acceptable behavior
Perhaps there is a cyclical pattern (24) existing between yourself and your son? Line 6 is warning of the consequences of inferior choices and it is not only your son that suffers when things go awry. Wilhelm/Baynes: The misfortune in missing the return lies in opposing the way of the superior man.
I.m.h.o the wisdom imparted to you in this reading is for you to tune out all that is not your higher Self when relating to your Son in order to break the cycle.
On a personal note I believe the above could serve you well in that it may also allow you to trust in the brilliance of the spirit that is your son & that he will find his way. There are no unmixed blessings in life. I wish you both all the best.

Last edited:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Wilhelm/Baynes: The misfortune in missing the return lies in opposing the way of the superior man.

Hi zuzieq,
What you wrote above was not part of this reading. It is part of W'/B's commentary on a different reading. (24.6)
That commentary is applicable to 24.6, but not 27.6 .

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Is no-one interested in Orthomolecular Medicine? that is a pity.

zuzieq

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Moss Elk,
Perhaps there are rules for interpretation you refer to that I have not taken into account?
Your method would be assuming the first hexagram always changes to become the second. Change is not linear ~ it is usually circular. In this way the Primary and Secondary Hexagrams are interacting and influencing each other is it not so

zuzieq

visitor
Reaction score
Pardon me meigga
for not congratulating you on what sounds like a fantastic breakthrough for your son & yourself, perhaps other members of the family also!
I have made a note of Orthomolecular Medicine & will read up on subject.
Kind regards

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Moss Elk, Perhaps there are rules for interpretation you refer to that I have not taken into account?

Hi zuzieq,

Yes, there is one rule I'd point to.
Probably the most important one.
Read the text received.
Don't read text you didn't receive.

Your method would be assuming the first hexagram always changes to become the second.
You made the same error with me that you did with the reading. You attributed meaning that was not implied or stated by me.

Change is not linear ~ it is usually circular. In this way the Primary and Secondary Hexagrams are interacting and influencing each other is it not so

When you stand between the tall mountain to the North,
and the tall mountain to the South,
you stand on a little hill.
On that hill is a signpost that says,
"you are here, the meaning is here."
This is a line text.

I am encouraging you to read that sign,
not the one far away on the other side of North mountain or South mountain.

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you zuzeqe. I think you will find it very interesting. My only interest in Orthomolecular Medicine is for helpful information and the site does not try to sell anything or charge for anything. Thank you again. I am being accepted as a volunteer at my local drug treatment centre and hope that they will take it up. I appreciate your response. Kind regards, meigga

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
I will look into that, Miegga! Thank you for the suggestion. I'm happy to hear your news. :)

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind reply, Suryauday. Yes, this is not going to be a one-stop thing. We are in touch with each other frequently but this is something he has to do on his own or it won't work. I can, however, be his :pompom: I expect ups and downs, for certain.

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
That's great news about your son. I've heard about the B vitamins for nerves. I'll definitely check into the matter further. Thanks! :hug:

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying, zuzieq. And when I say I won't help him, I'm just sounding off, as I have already today -- and yesterday, yada-yada. LOL He knows I'll be there for him and support him as best as I can, spiritually as well as with Western Union (ugh).

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
Dear i-chingers,

The last thing I'll say is that he is going into rehab tomorrow morning! That's the plan. :)

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
Hi miegga,

When I posted here, I didn't post replies correctly! Thank you very much for that Orthomolecular Medicine information. I found a book and will be getting it soon! What a blessing that it helped your son and I that you passed that information on . . .

Thank you so very much.

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you betrdanvr. I'm glad you found the book and believe you will find it helpful. Most doctors unfortunately think it nonsense. Very best wishes for you and your son, I know how you feel.

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
Hello fellow I-chingers.

I wanted to follow up and tell you that my son is in a recovery program now! He's been there for a week. It's a 30-day initial program but 6 months total. The day he went in, he told me he wanted to stay for the whole 6 months, which is exactly what he needs (so says Mother here, LOL).

I am ecstatic over this. He hit his bottom, finally. I let him. I knew he had to. I did provide him money for food, but I refused to pay $250 a week for a weekly hotel (where drugs abound). Anyway, I am so very happy about this!

EDIT: Now I feel like I've jinxed things by posting too quickly. He has been in programs before and got angry in group sessions and quit. So I'm really praying on this!

The second-best part is that it's free through the Salvation Army. They will definitely get some donation money from me.

So thank you all for your advice and support. :hug:

Just as a PS: I am praying he stays in this program. I'll dispense with all the details, but he has been in programs before and not finished. Aargh.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).