...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 46.2.5 > 39 after long busy day (15uc) that began with Hexagram 32.4 > 46

EmMacha

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 46.2.5 > 39 after long busy day (15uc) that began with Hexagram 32.4 > 46

I cast Hexagram 32.4 this morning (using LiSe site)

I got a fright, I did not like line 4!

"Don’t blame the field. If you catch nothing, you are either hunting at the wrong place or moment, or you did not prepare yourself. Hunting is a question of mind, not of hands. A good hunter does not need to run after the game, he waits at the right spot." LiSe http://www.yijing.nl/i_ching/index.html

so asked I-Ching "where am I being over-ambitious, unrealistic? I'm not, surely! Where is there no game in the field? Is there no money in the bank? no friends will answer me today? What do I do?"

And I received Hexagram 15 uc.

I realised, I am still tired, a bit spaced, go easy, don't try to do anything big today. So I tried this, I tied to live the 'attitude' of 15uc. I practised this, being moderate, being temperate, Temperance, modesty in action, be authentic. Realised it was payday, shopping day, and I *CAN* buy too much of some things, and leave myself short on petty cash (hair stuff, bath stuff, well all sorts really, but I don't always think it through in the shop, the hoarding instincts can kick in. I buy things for the kids that they then have too much of, and waste etc). And I realised this is what it could be about.

I also left the phone off all morning (having many problems with phones these days anyway), so no texts in the middle of shops and no distractions, did my best to keep my focus and energy in my world.

Many positive things happened today, and it did not feel that the fields had no game.
I was not looking for game, but yes there were certain items I did not find in the shops (that washing up brush that you can put liquid inside), items I have not found for weeks. I did however find items I was looking for and supposed to get.
So I thought that it could refer to the myriad thoughts and imaginings that I spin out as I boot my brain into the everyday.

But keeping it in mind, along with hexagram 46 relating, I did not plan or spin too far from what was happening.

So a productive day overall, I felt.
Feeling quite positive, I asked Yi this evening:

"How am I doing with dealing with that empty field and moderating, to push upwards step by step? AM I pushing in better directions now?"

And I got hexagram 46.2.5 > 39
Primary hexagram: 46

Shēng, Ascend step by step

Gua Poem: Ascend, Eminent expansion. Benefit seeing the great man. Do not worry. To set things right in the South: auspicious.

Now, I'm feeling pretty positive. I always feel positive when I get a cast that has a hexagram moved in position from an earlier cast. It is like an affirmation, maybe I'm learning, feels like I 'got' it, or that I am making progress. I always like 46, feels like effort will be rewarded, MUCH better than 32.4 'no game in field'!

So this feels like I've done well today, somehow.

Line 2:
9 at 2: Having truth, benefit from offering a Yue-sacrifice. Without fault.
To make your plans successful, the best start is inspiring others. The gods cooperate joyfully with common enthusiasm, they find many points of application for their help. Everyone brings in his own talent, everyone brings another ingredient for achieving your goal.
(Changes to hex.15)

Nice, this line, and interesting after a day of grokking 15uc. (changes to 15)
I did try to think of the balance of everyone, I did try to inspire others, but not too hard.

Hexagram 39 relating?
Well I'm feeling positive, I'm actually feeling happy with step by step, so I'm not bothered by obstructions right now (I'd prefer this than to take them away).

So the obstructions I could see, when I thought about it?
  • Tired, moon time.
  • Had to stop work because my head was spinning (I work as a psychic reader, answer a phone) so I did make a fair bit of money, but this is a useful obstruction, because I can get very drained and strung out, or off in the clouds, from too many demanding readings.
  • I was watching TV and my teen daughter came in with her bf "Can I watch a 10min YouTube video....Oh but, it's only 10 minutes....please..." etc.
  • Grand, I talked to friends. But my phone is glitchy, it was hard to text.
  • Manifesting a phone call was hard - 2 friends I wanted to talk to this evening, both ladies, "yes call me soon" neither avail, or I missed the call.
  • Been ignoring my phone for a few hours now.
  • COMPLETELY blocked on sitting down to do my college work! this is going on for weeks now. (vague guilt)
  • Not a wink of sleep on me now & I should be asleep!

Oh I can find much limping obstructions, but I'm not bothered really. this is one with the Tao for me, accept this an enjoy the view from the top of the mountain! (less responsibility if you are genuinely obstructed)

IT this line, line 5 that I am questioning:

6 at 5: Determination auspicious. Ascend the stairs.
Proceed inch by inch, without skipping steps, then you will attain a lasting result. You will have it in control, and it will be strong enough to exist by itself. The reason for its strength is, that every step comes out of your own soul, you are what you do. No one can ever stop this.
(Changes to hex.48)

I mean, I GET this , philosophically, existentially, it resonates on a deep personal level. Being authentic, modest, staying in the moment, you own the moment. Building little moments, you own your own life.

I don't understand the great stairs though, not really. I was thinking a lot more negative this morning & I am feeling positive now.

Does it mean "yes you are making progress on moving big things in your life, bit by bit, but you are still obstructed, keep sticking to each step?" (money, small house I'm trying to declutter, fix up a bit, incrementally, & 3 kids with many needs, energy and mood levels, time for my own college & projects, time for friends and an adult social life, time for the sacred).

Or is Yi saying to me "Keep going step by step, but don't expect big returns?"

Interesting that line 5 leads to Hexagram 48, the well.
I am going to visit a holy well tomorrow, an old tidal well I have been cleaning and minding the last 5 months. I have even got some pondweed to grow in it! (I brought it from another well, one right in the centre of my country). I get water from it to drink, it is the best water; I often feel clearer, happier after drinking it.

I'm wondering what the community here might think?

Is there something I don't see in the castings?
Am I mad to feel this is a positive reading?

I don't always feel obstructions are bad, I mean they are if you are in an impatient mood, or feel things are urgent.

But could I be obstructing myself in some way?

Or is the Yi saying that in different circumstances, I could achieve bigger manifestations?
(but I don't think Yi cares whether or not you are changing nations and the face of the world, or just digging a new patch in the garden, it's the meaning and spirit you have, your intent in the moment that harmonises you in your Tao?)

Or is it saying to not count any eggs yet?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
hi EmMacha,

On the occasions that I do a general reading for the day, it is usually some variation of , 'what is important today?' or 'what good can I do this day?' questions like these. After I do this, a couple things can happen. 1-I can worry that I don't understand it, and freak out for hours trying to see if I can imagine every possible thing it might mean until I collapse in exhaustion or 2- I can keep breathing, live the day, and then at some point (either when a particular thing occurs (often unexpected), or afterwards) I realize what exactly the reading was referring to.

I think this is one good way to learn,
in addition to reading good Yi books,
recognizing the bad ones, and communicating with experienced people.

Your reading may simply have referred to the items you've been hunting.
Sometimes life is just that simple, not every day is epic or crisis.
:bows:

EmMacha

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Moss Elk

Yes, true, it was actually a good day.
I did freak a bit with line 4 - but, I have been working on defusing my own negative thinking patterns, staying 'middle path' with it, so getting in a flap, 46 as background hexa, and then and end of day 46 cast - well today I can see it as some progress, or pushing upwards gradually.

I did find that item today, in a different shop.
It was important because my teenager has been asking me to get it! (the good of the group)

Yes, waiting, contemplating the reading is a very good way to learn!

The community here is great too - I am looking forwards to contributing more as I learn.

I notice, with readings that are appearing to be about such 'mundane' things, that what we consider small or large, is not necessarily the same in Tao; this to me is what makes Yi so philosophically rich.
I see in my minds eye a smiling Sage, ignoring the prince and hoeing the compost!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).