...life can be translucent

Menu

What am I resisting in my life? Hexagram 31.5>62

thisisbliss

visitor
Reaction score
Happy Valentine's Day yall! During this period of transformation in my life, I'm looking inwardly to what I resist in others that I resist in myself. Is that the shadow? IDK, but I asked Yeez, "what am I resisting in my life?" Answer was hexagram 31.5>62. Mutual attraction/influence in small exceeding? Is hex 31 love? Am I resisting love? Or am I resisting the small ways love is presented in trying to find the "grand gesture" type offering? Am I not loving enough? The translations are quite contradictory. Your insight would be helpful. How does this answer my question? Please help! *radiating all the love and light I can on this V-Day*

Carmina

visitor
Reaction score
What am I resisting in my life? Hexagram 31.5>62 Maybe: You are resisting putting your pieces back together as part of a previously separated whole? Resisting the influence that shows in the back of the neck, that unconscious impulse that is no seen and needs to be handled with care? that needs you to fly low so as not to be caught by the hunter. You cannot see the impulse, but you can feel it. Is the predator imitating your chirping to get you and lock you into a cage? or is this one bird of your same species that completes you and is genuine? You cannot see what is influencing in the fifth, but is something like a truth, a knowledge, generally a mental content that is completely true and puts your pieces back together.

thisisbliss

visitor
Reaction score
beautiful image about birds

What am I resisting in my life? Hexagram 31.5>62 Maybe: You are resisting putting your pieces back together as part of a previously separated whole? Resisting the influence that shows in the back of the neck, that unconscious impulse that is no seen and needs to be handled with care? that needs you to fly low so as not to be caught by the hunter. You cannot see the impulse, but you can feel it. Is the predator imitating your chirping to get you and lock you into a cage? or is this one bird of your same species that completes you and is genuine? You cannot see what is influencing in the fifth, but is something like a truth, a knowledge, generally a mental content that is completely true and puts your pieces back together.
Wow thanks for taking the time to interpret 31.5. I liked your take and how you weaved in the theme about the birds because it helped me visualize the answer. What am I resisting in my life? Being free and single. What resonated were the words "previously separated whole". It's been 2 yrs since I've been divorced after 12 years of marriage and I need to I need to find that piece of me back together. I need to learn how to be a whole person unattached and not have be committed to anyone in a relationship. The birds fly low but they're still free. Your words "predator" and "cage" triggered fear of being in a bad relationship and I don't want to be caught. Just yet. The words "same...completes...genuine" are words I'd like to aspire to when I complete myself and become "whole" again.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Lovely answer from Carmina.

My thought, along similar lines, is that you may want to resist being moved or influenced because you are in touch with your own central purpose and right now need to stay in alignment with that rather than having to adapt or change for others.

I think in line 5 there is quite a deep sense of self, a sense of sureness even if you do not feel at all sure on the surface. After a breakup it can take time to 'reassemble' your authentic self since you may have spent so long twisting yourself out of shape in order to negotiate other's demands and expectations of you. Pulling away from someone takes a huge amount of inner re-organisation as the more central sense of self returns.

31 is all about the push and pull of influence between people. I think by line 5 you are quite steady, not about to be pushed or pulled anywhere. So I don't think Yi is saying you are resisting anything in the negative sense of the word, but that you are becoming centred and that will mean you naturally, not even deliberately, resist too much influence from others as you become more influenced by your own deep sense of direction.

thisisbliss

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, Trojina! I couldn't have come up with this myself, but you seemed to pinpoint what I'm going/gone through. Reassembling my authentic self took sometime especially with the new role of being a single, working mom my priorities have shifted. I thought I'd get a hexagram like 27 or one along the lines of self-love. Or something career-related or a "make hay while the sun shines" type of response. The fact that Yeez cast 31.5 to answer my question is ironic for 2 reasons. 1.) That's an area in my life I'd like to improve and 2.) I thought I wanted to be in a relationship. More on this later when I get home and have more time to reflect. I'm just amazed how Yeez speaks and can delve deep into the psyche.

Carmina

visitor
Reaction score
I just thought of something regarding your question. We usually think that resisting something implies mainly opposing or refusing to accept. But what about the other meaning: to stand firm, not to yield? I thought that if I had asked this question I would also like to ask the Yi where my resisting/resistance is leading me to or something of the sort. Maybe it is OK to resist an unknown impulse that you cannot see, but you can certainly feel. What do you think? How could we know for sure?

Carmina

visitor
Reaction score
Trojina's answer is opening this interpretation, which I had not thought about before. This is the kind of exchanges that enrich all parties! Thanks for this.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I'm looking inwardly to what I resist in others that I resist in myself.

I find this statement... confusing.
Could you explain? (is it part of some program or ideology?)

If your question had just been,
'What am I resisting?'
Then the reading makes sense that you are resisting being Influenced Inside by others. But I am not sure exactly what you meant.

Last edited:

thisisbliss

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Moss Elk,Thanks for your reply and reading. Pretty SUCCINCT! My question was "What am I resisting in my life?" The quote you cited should have "... to ^find what I resist in others that I resist in myself. I'm referring to "the work" and the thought started in yoga class. That's where that program/ideology came from. My movements felt fragmented and not flowing. I lost my place a couple times and was holding my breath. Mind and body were not connecting. Shouldn't these movements come easier by now through all the time and practice vested? What's happening inside and outside that isn't connecting - or resisting? On the surface, everything is going well in more than a few aspects of my life. Except relationships. One place I feel extremely frustrated as of late. I'm still meditating on it, but I think the vision is becoming clearer with Yours, Carmina's, and Trojina's interpretation.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I find this statement... confusing.
Could you explain? (is it part of some program or ideology?)

If your question had just been,
'What am I resisting?'
Then the reading makes sense that you are resisting being Influenced Inside by others. But I am not sure exactly what you meant.

In your post you have attributed the quote/statement to Carmina but it was thisisbliss who said this

PaleSelene

visitor
Reaction score
Lovely answer from Carmina.

My thought, along similar lines, is that you may want to resist being moved or influenced because you are in touch with your own central purpose and right now need to stay in alignment with that rather than having to adapt or change for others.

I think in line 5 there is quite a deep sense of self, a sense of sureness even if you do not feel at all sure on the surface. After a breakup it can take time to 'reassemble' your authentic self since you may have spent so long twisting yourself out of shape in order to negotiate other's demands and expectations of you. Pulling away from someone takes a huge amount of inner re-organisation as the more central sense of self returns.

31 is all about the push and pull of influence between people. I think by line 5 you are quite steady, not about to be pushed or pulled anywhere. So I don't think Yi is saying you are resisting anything in the negative sense of the word, but that you are becoming centred and that will mean you naturally, not even deliberately, resist too much influence from others as you become more influenced by your own deep sense of direction.
Respect Trojina, A respectful bow. Thank you very much.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks but warning to other would be respondents this thread is 5 years old.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).