...life can be translucent

Menu

How I arrived here - hope this helps other confused newbies.

Learning to Fly

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone:This is my very first post after a full year of reading, searching, puzzling and finally, understanding what everyone has been discussing on Hilary's wonderful site. It only took 50 years. Not joking. First exposed to IChing back in the hippie era.Since it didn't answer my schoolgirl questions I quickly tossed it aside. A few years ago I downloaded an app as an entertainment which also led me to OnlineClarity. Again, not understanding one iota of the answers to my questions the app remained unused for a very long time.Then my life started to unravel - slowly at first, then quicker and quicker. Through this many strange things started to happen. I won't go into those details here but basically I thought both myself and my house were haunted. I got the feeling that something was really really trying to get my attention. So I started to pay attention to what was happening. Once I did this the weird events and happenings slowed down. I started using my Iching app for the usual ridiculous and shallow questions and as usual, felt confused and actually angry. I started challenging it. Often. Then I started not even having a question but concentrated on how I was feeling internally to see what would come up. Bingo.Yi reflected my internal landscape. I got the same half dozen hexes over and over, often unchanging but always correct. I realized that for me I didn't need to know about my relationships, did that guy at work like me, my job, winning the lottery or having a nicer house. I needed to clean up my spirit. Change my path. Humbled I asked whether I was evil and got hex 15 changing to 5. And I've never looked back. This process has taken one year. I'm still getting the same hexes alot so now I just read my journal and work on those questions. When I'm ready to move on I expect the answers will too.For others who are new to this: Yi has never given me anything but advice on being a better person. I have been coached, prompted and gently steered onto a better path when I slip off into the ditch so to speak. It has never been harsh or angry with me. I may someday ask questions about material and wordly matters but for now the answers are all about my spirit growing, changing and also accepting the unchanging.To the people who post on here, thank you for being part of the difficult process of becoming a good human. Your questions and answers to each other have been valuable.

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
How could such a genuine reflection of your growing relationship with Yi be anything other than a beacon of light for others? What a beautiful post. :bows:

QuanYiN

visitor
Reaction score
I was looking for a thread to introduce myself, in a way, as I feel I've been part of this community for quite sometime although never really joined actively. I have been consulting the I Ching for 18 years now, and I've seen beautiful reflections on this forum by people who have been turning to the Yi for far longer or less time than myself. I don't even remember how I discovered Clarity, I do know that for the past 5 years, whenever I get a reading that puzzles me, my first thought is "Let's see what's on Clarity about this". Having said that, I have done all the wrong things when turning to the oracle, asked too many questions, asked stupid questions, refused to follow advice etc. I have also gotten insightful advice in pivotal times, dark moments, through challenges and warnings on how to safeguard myself during happier times.I still ask too many or stupid questions from time to time, when I am stressed, anxious and impatient or just don't want to accept Yi's original answer, that is our very human nature I guess. Lately I have been asking too many questions again and I've been thinking, perhaps I should channel this energy towards this community that I've been silently following for so long and that has helped me with my past readings. It must have been a 41 moment :)So, I just wanted to say hello to whoever is reading this and that I hope I can contribute in one way or another on this lovely forum.Cheers :)

S

svenrus

"Having said that, I have done all the wrong things when turning to the oracle, asked too many questions, asked stupid questions, refused to follow advice etc. "
Hello, I think many of us have experienced that (sorry, at least I have...) and started buying books, books, books - being even more confused as nearly each new book tells a different interpretation. I once experienced the same with astrology, many years ago, that there are as many interpretations and rules as there are books about astrology.
Some while ago there was a member here that expressed the wish for to have only one book where the received chinese text and nothing more were printed. I understood that then. The thing is thou that it's an absolute foreign language, so for me to get on with it I had to lean toward all of those explanations given by (mostly) accepted sinologists like to example Richard Wilhelm.
Actually maybe there exists no thing like silly questions (?) as what is silly for those at safe ground isn't for those drifting away into the abyss (?)

QuanYiN

visitor
Reaction score
I absolutely agree, perhaps it would be better to just call them questionable approaches rather than silly or wrong questions --what I was trying to say is rather that it is all a learning process.If anything, too many questions show impatience and perhaps not having a clear head to begin with, which is, in itself, a thing to reflect upon. Also, too many answers are more confusing than the questions you ask in the first place, so if this is a conversation with the Self, it does, in the end indicate a few things.

S

svenrus

"I was looking for a thread to introduce myself, in a way, as I feel I've been part of this community for quite sometime although never really joined actively."

There actually is such a place, here is my profile:

profil.jpg

Bopper

visitor
Reaction score
Really nice post, your final comments (difficult process of becoming a good human) is in my opinion what it’s all about, no matter the trials, tribulations, ups or downs riches or poverty, pain or happiness the key is becoming a good human being or realisation of why or what is, we are here to see thru this life and imo understand there is no self just an experience that as hard or as good as life may be, we must realise and live in the understanding we our conscious are above any and all universe, cosmos, dimension and will return conscious to the source when ready. Everything else is experience, go with the flow, Peace for all have no selfish thoughts brothers and sisters this will keep you grounded ;)

Bopper

visitor
Reaction score
Really nice post, your final comments (difficult process of becoming a good human) is in my opinion what it’s all about, no matter the trials, tribulations, ups or downs riches or poverty, pain or happiness the key is becoming a good human being or realisation of why or what is, we are here to see thru this life and imo understand there is no self just an experience that as hard or as good as life may be, we must realise and live in the understanding we our conscious are above any and all universe, cosmos, dimension and will return conscious to the source when ready. Everything else is experience, go with the flow, Peace for all have no selfish thoughts brothers and sisters this will keep you grounded

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).