...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 26 vs 39

hans

visitor
Reaction score
Today I got hexagram 26.2. I can understand it because it really explains my current situation well. I thought nothing I can further so I maybe I should stop. I asked "I really don't want to give up, what should I do?" Then this was the hexagram I got.

It isn't hard to understand hexagram 26.2:
"Nine in the second place means:
The axletrees are taken from the wagon.
"

So my question is not about hexagram 26.2. I remember when things didn't go as I what I wanted, I often got hexagram 39 "Obstruction". I compare hexagram 26 and 39, they both seem similar to me.

What really I want to ask is what are the differences between hexagram 26 and 39?
Hexagram 26: Ta Ch'u / The Taming Power of the Great
Hexagram 39: Chien / Obstruction

They both give the idea of keeping still.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I compare hexagram 26 and 39, they both seem similar to me. They both give the idea of keeping still.

Only 26.2, not 26, give the idea of keeping still (or immobility rather). Look again. For 26 in general, think of things like: maturity, being civilized, isometric exercise, restraining aggressive impulses, keeping it in your pants.

Here is an example of 39.
Your head + a brick wall.
Then you turn around and walk away from the wall and stop banging your head against it.

The tension in 26 gives one strength and muscles. The tension in 39 gives one brain damage.

Last edited:

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As opposed to hexagram 26...
In my experience, the nuclear hexagram 54 may also point to some sort of discord from being in the limelight with someone more prominent resulting in the need to find a more comfortable niche behind the scenes. So, hexagram 26 likely offering more opportunity to make changes than 39.

D

diamanda

To add to the already brilliant views offered:

26 shows a large domestic animal, so we have a large animal at home.
Then we are free to go out to eat, cross rivers, in general be great.
We even have time to study religion and history (text in the Image).
In short, we're rich at home, and we can accomplish loads in the outer world too.

39 shows that the road ahead is blocked. There's something defective and lame.
The path to our goal is blocked.
We do have a chance to set things right, if we ask advice and find a different route.
The head + brick wall is an awesome phrase for 39!

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
26.2 vs 39:

26.2: the wheels have come off, so you are not going anywhere just now.
39: you're not making much progress here, so have you tried changing direction? (And, as Moss Elk says, maybe not working quite so hard on knocking that wall down with your head?)

hans

visitor
Reaction score
Does it mean if I get 26.2, I have chances to make the impossible becomes possible if I do not give up and act wisely?

But the answer is no longer important to me. It's all about a love triangle. I've already chosen to give up for the sake of her happiness.

Anyways, thanks for the explanations.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Does it mean if I get 26.2, I have chances to make the impossible becomes possible if I do not give up and act wisely?
Not particularly, no. All you can really conclude from the line is, 'this isn't going anywhere'. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - perhaps you don't need to get anywhere else.
But the answer is no longer important to me. It's all about a love triangle. I've already chosen to give up for the sake of her happiness.
:bows:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Well,
by definition,
The impossible is not possible.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I have received this line today, this has been quite a good week for my business. Feb was terrible so things appear to be back on track. I simply asked what do I need to know going forward. I received 26.2.3>27. I thought it was a nice simple reading and had clarity straight away. 26,2 I took it as well the week is over and for now or right now there isnt much I can do right this minute. For example if the car breaks down on the highway, personally I would call for assistance.

So I would most likely chill out and listen to the radio and smoke a cigarette and watch the world go by. I suppose I am saying that for me this line when I have received it. I havent received it in terrible situations its generally a short delay. Most of the time if the axle breaks at some point its going to get fixed so I guess the choices are get to work and fix it yourself or pay someone to do it. Either way there is not alot you can do.

39 I agree is the way is blocked because you are on the incorrect path. 39 can be really frustrating. I always think of 39 as being in the bush and you go down a path and all of a sudden a huge big rock is blocking the path and there aint nothing you can do about it. You are going to need to find another way. I have had my fair share of 39 readings and to be honest I am kind of glad of not having had one lately. Not so great if doing readings related to money.

However 39 can sometimes prevent you from making a mistake. For all we know there is a big cliff behind the big rock. So this can be the positive aspect, for me anyway. I think the Yi is saying you are not on the correct path so you need to realise it. 26.3 is nice though. Its like you are back on the road and the car is fixed, however the advice is to remain aware of dangers.

Steve

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).