...life can be translucent

Menu

Would it be beneficial for me to leave the agency 4.3.5. changing to 57

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
I am self employed and currently work for a big company through an agency. Most of my work is with the big company. I have an opportunity in the near future to leave the agency and work for the big company directly instead.

As it's been some time since I last consulted the I Ching (three months), today I asked a new question. Would it be beneficial for me to leave the agency I work for and work direct for the big company.

The answer I got was 4.3.5. changing to 57.

I'd welcome any insight from members on this, as I've been thinking about it for quite some time. (As some members will know). For more background, please see my previous posts.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
That's to say Hexagram 4, with lines 3 & 5, changing to 57.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
What's your feeling on this reading?

From my point of view, it doesn't look so hot. My own personal experience of 4 as a whole is that when it appears, there's often something you're in the dark about in the situation. You're ignorant of something important. Sometimes this is OK, I have had this hexagram come up a lot in learning situations, or around children or situations that are new in some way, but since this is a company you are already work for I don't think that's the case. What, possibly, are you not aware of here or in denial about?

Line 3 is a warning to maintain your dignity and not to throw yourself at someone or something that is "bronze," or upright, dignified, expensive, etc. Is this the job, or someone you need to go through to get the job? Don't grovel or fawn, it won't help. This could also be a message not to make your ambitions too obvious.

In line 5, you're instructed that being childlike is fortunate, and you should try to keep your innocence and be unassuming. Does that resonate at all with the situation?

The reading as a whole (including 57) suggests to me that you should take a step back from trying any kind of overt influence or machination towards your goal.

Music-Man

visitor
Reaction score
I think line 3 refers to not making any further overtures to the man who has already given me the nod to make the move to the big company. I'm not ready for that yet as any move would also include moving house - but not until around September. To respect a break clause and create some physical separation for the job change. Also, at the moment I have a colleague who has already made the move, so I am sort of piggy in the middle - whereby he's been working for the big company without respecting a break clause. I am therefore having to keep this a secret from the agency, as I am with my future job change intentions. I'm not sure what I'm missing about the situation as my colleague keeps me informed about what he's doing at the big company. I also know a lot, as I get to the heart of the operation when I am working for the big company. So I know what goes on.

Perhaps the reading is just asking me to hold back because there are still other things I need to know or consider - that I am not aware of yet.

My plan is to move to another town (a cheaper area to reduce my mortgage) whilst at the same time leave the agency and at some point start working for the big company. The two events are linked.

I have cast other readings for what I want to do (please see my other posts) but have not received any overwhelming positives from the I Ching. Maybe it's advising caution - not to make the move until I'm absolutely certain it will all work?

Can anyone frame a question for me that would cover both things. Moving house and moving job?

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm missing about the situation as my colleague keeps me informed about what he's doing at the big company. I also know a lot, as I get to the heart of the operation when I am working for the big company. So I know what goes on.

Maybe the blind spot is not in the outer world, but in you, because after all those months you are still so unsure about your decision. Maybe you could doublecheck your motifs for this life change, even if you already think that they are clear to you?

Hex 4 youthful folly could also point to your inexperience in this matter, to the fact that this life decision somehow feels like 'jumping into the uncertain" to you, which you are afraid on one side -- but the matter obviously doesn't let you in peace, it seems constantly to penetrate your mind (relating hex 57).

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
What about asking the Yi:

What is it, that makes me so doubtful about my decision?

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).