...life can be translucent

Menu

Questions about editing my first book... (5 lines changing)

Peter Belt

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am back with a reading that puzzles me a bit, and in search for some humble help from you wise people!

So, I have this opportunity to edit a book. It's a kind of self-edition, even though I've received a grant to do it (that covers half the costs) and a very well known editor (specialized in art books) will take care of the design and production.
However, that half of the cost that I need to bear is still some money and I'm asking myself if that is reasonable, what am I seeking with all this, what will be the returns (am I doing this just to flatter my ego?). (btw all the material -photos- for the book are done, we just need to put the book together).

Anyhow, the question was: what about starting to work right now on that book now that I've met that editor [the meeting was very pleasant and he was thrilled by this book] ?
Reading: 28.4.6>57
I still can't figure out how to deal with such contradictory lines (line 28.4 and 28.6).
Does it read like 28.4 and Hex 57 are giving advice on how to avoid a 28.6 situation?

To my second question: "How about using crowdfunding to raise the money for the book" the answer was:
20.1.2.3.5.6 > 11
Again, this reading (5 lines changing) is too much information to process for a newbie like me...
My feeling is that it is saying that I somewhat already have all that is needed in order to have a clear perception of the situation (I just don't feel like I do! :D)

Any thoughts?
Thank you!!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Hm, your first result looks ambivalent, to put it mildly.
28.4 says, in my opinion, that it's only worth the energy if you don't do it just for the flattery of your ego, as you mentioned -- because this motivation alone will not bring you through the demanding work.
With 28.6 you can already forsee that you will have the feeling of 'drowning in work'. In my opinion, I am curious what others will say.

Last edited:

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Does it read like 28.4 and Hex 57 are giving advice on how to avoid a 28.6 situation?

I am not sure if you can avoid it, because the 28.6 situation seems to be not your fault, but seems to lie in the nature of the whole constellation.

Last edited:

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
Bah, i try xD maybe 57 is saying that your plan is good (knowing where to go) and that the editor will help (see the great man) but u dont have to rush.
If i remember well , i had a cast with 57 as second hex and I had a feeling inside that I could chill out and get things done without being too much controlling or do any pressure, because well, the person who had to revise it didnt take it too seriously...

The lines of 28 are contradictory but it seems u are working on it the right way, preparing yourself for everything (28.1)
With solid helps but its not enough and maybe last lines talk about your effort that has to stop due to funds...

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
The one about crowdfunding looks good..like all will be ok but you have to work a lot on it. :)
I think i had that cast too

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score

No, the lines are not contradictory, both are warnings. No, line 4 and the related hex aren't saying how to avoid line 6.

If I said to you, "don't take on more, and this will be too much to wade into" it makes a coherent message, no?

These questions come up for me:
How much do you already 'have on your plate'? (how much other responsibilities do you have?')

Lastly, you asked about starting it Now which is a very different thing rhan asking about doing the project overall.

Peter Belt

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you CherryB, Equinox and Moss Elk for your very helpful insights on these readings.

Moss Elk, when you say
No, the lines are not contradictory, both are warnings.
If I said to you, "don't take on more, and this will be too much to wade into" it makes a coherent message, no?

I hear you, both 28 and 28.6 are about having too much. But how to insert 28.4, which is more auspicious, in the reading?

As to answer your question (how is my plate) the thing is I'm not particularly stressed or overwhelmed right now (I've arranged my whole life in order not to be - I quit my former engineering job 5 years ago in order to become a freelance artist -), but I have indeed a couple of other projects coming up this year that might change that...

Thanks again!

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
But how to insert 28.4, which is more auspicious, in the reading?

The-Straw-the-broke-the-camels-back-e1350467743344.jpg
See this guy?
Put one more straw on and his back will be broken.
Consider the 'promise' of line 4 as how happy the camel will be if no one breaks his back. I am just explaining the line, I don't know why Yi said this.

Peter Belt

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Moss Elk, your insights are always very much appreciated.

BTW, I asked the question about doing this book at all (as an additional question to doing it "right now"), tha answer was: 6.2.5 > 35, where I find the reading again a bit contradictory, but I guess this is a complex subject for me! :)

All the best,

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
is it possible that you have to revise something first?

Peter Belt

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you CherryB... hmmm no don't think so, everything (the photos) is ready on my side. The main work would come from the editor now (and from me in case I do the crowdfunding) but I don't see what I would need to revise first (apart from doing it altogether or not :D). All the best,

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).