...life can be translucent

Menu

Is parenthood in my path? 41.1.2 to 23

Chaptershare

visitor
Reaction score
41 decreasing with 1 and 2 changing lines forming hexagram 23.

Wilhelm/Baynes:Decrease combined with sincerity brings about supreme good fortune without blame. One may be persevering in this. It furthers one to undertake something. How is this to be carried out? One may use two small bowls for the sacrifice. (This hexagram describes your situation in terms of sacrifice and loss. It emphasizes that lessening yourself and decreasing your involvements is the adequate way to handle it...])

Line 1
Wilhelm/Baynes: Going quickly when one's tasks are finished is without blame. But one must reflect on how much one may decrease others.

Line 2
Wilhelm/Baynes: Perseverance furthers. To undertake something brings misfortune. Without decreasing oneself one is able to bring increase to others.

Does this mean I should be happy with the now and let things be. It talks about sacrifice and anger, does that mean I need to work on my inner self and be even more kind and compassionate to others or is it because I’m not truthful to myself regarding what I want instead of trying to conform to family and society? My husband and I are letting things happen naturally with no added help; we are happy regardless of either outcome.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I would think it is saying you must not rush into giving up everything for the sake of parenthood.

41 stresses 2 bowls are enough, huge sacrifices aren't called for so this is down to what you want.

I think with these two lines you may be in danger of letting go of things you have now too readily in service of some ideal of parenting etc. When I say 'ideal' I just mean 'idea' really, or an idea that becomes an ideal because parenting, or not, has a huge amount of moral baggage/judgement with it.

The world isn't short of people so it's not especially a virtue or requirement to produce more especially if you have other priorities right now.

I don't know exactly how you feel of course but my sense is this cast is quite strongly advising you put yourself first, in front of parenting. If you are in a time of 41 there isn't a huge amount to give and whilst some sacrifices are required these ought not to be more than one has to give.

I feel line 1 can show up where one is almost too eager to give oneself away. Line 2 certainly advises you don't have to give up as much as you think you do, you certainly don't need to rush into giving more offerings to others.

The 23 as relating is kind of worrying with the 41 in the sense that I think there is a real danger of you trying to give too much of yourself in one way or another.

At the moment I get the feel that pregnancy would be too much, it's not time yet. I don't know that of course but with this cast I feel you would be better to augment yourself and your situation rather than invite more responsibilities.

If a baby chooses to come to you of course then ignore me, baby knows best :) , life knows best when a new life is to come, so I'm not saying 'don't get pregnant' but you asked quite a vague question of whether parenthood was in your path and my sense of the answer, for now at least, is not at the moment. I think you may need to focus on doing what you like doing right now more than thinking about what to offer others.

Chaptershare

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Trojina for your wise thoughts on this casting. I thought so too but still so new to this I wanted a better perspective. As I mentioned we are happy with life as is and if baby comes we’re happy but if not we’re ok as well. I went through a phase the last year and felt a little pressured by family and society but it’s passing through and I’ve abandoned the pressure of becoming a parent. Again thank you for for sharing your knowledge.

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
hmm i think it's speaking about some current difficulties you have to overcome, like if you was thinking to do two main things at the same time, it says you should focus of one priority right now which doesn't seem to be parenthood...but I'm not sure about it. line 2 is saying it's good to do your duties as a parent, but without sacrificing yourself...it says you shouldn't deny yourself even if this will separate you (hex 23) from the others

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
23 may be the feeling to not fit society or other people ideas...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).