...life can be translucent

Menu

27.1.5.6>8

hellomoon

visitor
Reaction score
I sent very deep, intense emotionally charged letters to my brother...I don't really talk to him often. He is distant and very cold. I miss him and hope we can be close again. My question is How will he feel about my letters? Knowing my brother I doubt he will reply to them. But will he be touched??27 is about being nourished. Lines 1 & 5 speaks of friends. I wonder if he will seek some advice from friends. I am super stumped on line 6. I admit the letters made me feel very good about myself. I feel like a weight off my shoulders, like he will see the real me! I wonder if this Yi talking about me. Thank you.

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
first line may say he wasn't happy, some sort of prejudice I'd say... line 5 i had seen it as not answering right now, like it wasn't my favorite channel of expression, so I acted unexpectedly... I think he is thinking, and the letter had an effect on him but he will do something unexpected later.Line 6 is good but hex 8 talks about union, help from others...I don't know where he is and what he is doing but perhaps in some time he'll find you helpful and supportive, as if I kinda needed contacts again even if he doesn't say that...!!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I think he is a bit conflicted: On one side he thinks that you do not trust enough on your own strength, on the other side he seems to think that you are in a difficult life situation and he well acknowledges that it is all not easy for you. He thinks you should search advice from a person near you, since you are afar from him? Is it like that?
He may think that you should trust yourself more but still shouldn't make big moves now. Even if he is your brother he wishes that you take responsibility for yourself. I think he believes in you and wished you would search more contact to other people around you, like, making friends?

Does it make any sense? I am not totally convinced of reading the I-Ching for a third person, but I tried. ;)

hellomoon

visitor
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys...I admit these answers were a bit harsh for me to hear. I guess it just proves how cold he is and always been. I had a dream in which he wrote me back and I read his response and I was heart broken. Me making friends? Funny because I have lots of friends but my brother has none... he is a hermit type so I wonder if he wants to be left alone or he should be making friends. I don't know to be honest.

hellomoon

visitor
Reaction score
Union got me thinking as Cherry said in time he will seek out my support. Well, I am hopeful. As I am always here for him. Thanks.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys...I admit these answers were a bit harsh for me to hear. I guess it just proves how cold he is and always been. I had a dream in which he wrote me back and I read his response and I was heart broken. Me making friends? Funny because I have lots of friends but my brother has none... he is a hermit type so I wonder if he wants to be left alone or he should be making friends. I don't know to be honest.

Oh, no -- please don't take my answer as it was the reality. It was just a try and I also said that I am not convinced of my ability to read the I-Ching for a third person.
Maybe it is indeed he who needs to makes friends or indeed, as you say, he will seek union with you. Or Hex 8 mirrors your attempt to seek union with him. I can't know that. Nothing is proven alone with the opinion of a hobby I-Chinger like me.

sealedkeyhole

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, moon

27.1 in this situation indicates that sending the email is "letting the magic tortoise go." There's a lyric in a song that goes: "if you want a ball to bounce, you got to let it go." And you have let it go, and now it may or may not bounce back to you. Your brother may or may not respond. Or, the ball may bounce back and hit you in the face -- he may have a response like in your nightmare. That's a vulnerable position to be in, to be in waiting and limbo, not sure if he'll respond or how he'll respond. But the ball is certainly not in your court any longer. Try not to be upset about it -- don't "look at me with the corners of your mouth drooping." Be steady in the decision you've made, no matter what comes after this

27.5 "Normal ways are abandoned. Righteous persistence will bring good fortune to those who stay where they are. The great river (or sea) must not be crossed." Perhaps sending the email is not the "normal" way in which you interact with your brother. And the rest of the line is about staying put, and not taking further risk "crossing the river."

27.6: "Nourishment gives rise both to trouble and good fortune. It is favorable to cross the great river (or sea)." I think this line is about your brother. What you did, writing the email, was a dangerous and courageous act -- both trouble and good fortune. I definitely think if your letter was from the heart, there is no way it could not be nourishing. And if your brother is emotionally cold, as you mention, then the thawing out is dangerous for him. It's now his river to cross.

This turns into hexagram 8, about coming together. I think your brother may be spooked, a bit scared by your openness and frankness. I think it will take time to sink in. But again, if it was written from the heart, after some time I think he can't help but be touched and moved by it.

hellomoon

visitor
Reaction score
I didn't send emails...it was handwritten letters. Letters I have stashed away for some time now and I got the courage to send them a 2 weeks ago. At this moment in time, he definitely has read them. I was thinking today even if he never responds (I don't think he will) at least he was touched. I do hope we can be in touch again and be 'normal' again though. Thanks for the responses. :).

sealedkeyhole

visitor
Reaction score
Ahh, yes, handwritten letters are way more moving and touching than emails. I too hope that he responds, and with openness.

Please update us, if any movement. :)

D

diamanda

How will he feel about my letters? 27.1.5.6 > 8

This is a dangerous question, especially when asking about someone who has always "been cold".

Does it truly matter how such a cold person will feel? I believe what would be more important to ask is if he's going to do anything towards you after your letter. Feelings are one thing, and actions are a totally different matter.

So, how will he feel, for what it's worth.

That he's greedy - he had magical food (family/you) but he let it go in search of other stuff.
He prefers to forego traditional ways, and prefers to stay at home without any food at all.
Given the previous empty/hungry lines, he is his own food/eats himself (since he has rejected all other food).

He stays just where he is, with whoever happens to be location-wise nearby (8).
Hidden lines say that he feels all others should bow down to him (23.5) and he's without blame (20.6).

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).