...life can be translucent

Menu

Shall I apply for an internal position at my work? Hex 19 Unchanging

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope everyone is well :] I am still at the same job as before. They promised pay rise so I stayed for a bit longer than planned... there's an internal position open for anchor mentor (a person who is helping the Team Leader in some of the tasks, gameplan management and so on). I asked whether I should apply (albeit I am not very social person, however I have good organisational/leadership skills) and received
Hexagram 19 unchanging
I am afraid of the stress as my adrenals are still rather weak. I asked whether I should pass on this and not apply and received:
Hex 32.2.4.5>39
I am a bit confused. What would you interpret the results?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
You've asked whether you should apply for the position and given us a couple of reasons why you should not - Your not being a particularly social person and your health concerns.
19. Approach sounds like you have the necessary skills and motivation but the fact that it is unchanging seems to speak to your uncertainty about applying.
32.2.4.5 > 39. Duration changing to Obstruction suggests to me that you are more comfortable staying in your current position but also that you may be delaying taking this next step to promoting your career.
So the hexagrams seem to me to be mirroring your hesitancy, perhaps so you can consider more consciously whether your objections are really that significant. As it is, the I Ching seems to be saying you can postpone applying for this position but if you are not wanting to continue in your current position forever you will need to eventually step out of your comfort zone.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
You've asked whether you should apply for the position and given us a couple of reasons why you should not - Your not being a particularly social person and your health concerns.
19. Approach sounds like you have the necessary skills and motivation but the fact that it is unchanging seems to speak to your uncertainty about applying.
32.2.4.5 > 39. Duration changing to Obstruction suggests to me that you are more comfortable staying in your current position but also that you may be delaying taking this next step to promoting your career.
So the hexagrams seem to me to be mirroring your hesitancy, perhaps so you can consider more consciously whether your objections are really that significant. As it is, the I Ching seems to be saying you can postpone applying for this position but if you are not wanting to continue in your current position forever you will need to eventually step out of your comfort zone.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much Rosada! I ended up applying :) I won't be able to fulfill all of my dreams if I will be stick forever in the same place and not facing any new challenges. I will keep you updated about how it went.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).