...life can be translucent

Menu

Is he dating other girls? 9.1.3 to 59

MurpIC

visitor
Reaction score
Hi!I started dating someone. It isn't still something serious, so he could be dating other people. I din't dare to ask him in case he thinks I'm being too nosy :) So I asked the I Ching instead. I got 9.1.3 to 59. Some clues about how to interpret this? Thanks!

D

diamanda

Hello,

Is he dating other girls? 9.1.3 > 59
It sounds more like he has (or just had) a relationship which will either soon end, or it has recently ended, because of lots of arguments.
Or, he's the kind of person who wants it all his own way (whatever that is!), which causes a clash between him and women.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Are you a beginner user of the oracle? Asking because it is often quite hard to reliably interpret questions asked 1.) from the point of view of another person, about how or what another person is thinking, feeling, or doing and 2.) in a yes/no format. The I Ching isn't a yes/no oracle. When you've been using it for a longer amount of time, it becomes easier to ask questions from another's POV and as yes/no because you have a better sense of the possible ways the oracle answers and more past experience with the lines and hexagrams.

9, Small Taming, is about incremental steps and things which are still in the process of unfolding. "Dense clouds without rain." My guess is that this is less about whether he's dating other girls and more about the state you're at in your relationship with him. Things are still incipient and it's not yet time for them to come to fruition. "A noble one cultivates the natural pattern of character." It's a time for honing your own worth and establishing good patterns with him.

Line 1:
"Returning to your own path,
How could you be wrong?
Good fortune."

This is about what makes sense for you, or for an individual. If it's him, it's a line that is pretty strongly about maintaining independence. If Yi (the oracle) is talking directly to you, it might be saying that you are best off focusing on your needs and your own path, rather than dwelling on him and what he might be doing. What are your thoughts about this line?

Line 3:
"A cart losing its wheel spokes.
Husband and wife avert their eyes."

This line is often about some kind of shame or misunderstanding, something that comes out of a lack of communication or shoddiness around something important. The vehicle falls apart, maybe because of a lack of maintenance. The husband and wife end up in a tiff and won't talk through it. Etc. Something does not connect.

All of this said, and separate from the I Ching though this reading backs my feelings up, it should never be too early to ask if someone is seeing other people. There are ways to ask this without it coming across as badgering, and if you feel you can't ask him, even casually ("nosy" is a pretty strong word), that's a red flag. If he's so uptight and secretive that you think he'd ghost on you because you asked about who else he is seeing...how does that bode for his character? What do you want from this relationship?

If you already sense he is that uptight, then I'd interpret this reading more directly as: You'd best focus on small steps and your own character, what matters to you personally and what you want to improve within yourself (9). The right thing to do is to return to a position of strength in your own path (9.1). There is danger here of developing or being caught in a weak and discordant relationship based on cut corners and miscommunication (9.3). The background of the question involves a kind of scattered energy and perhaps being overextended in too many directions, giving too much of yourself away (59).

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).