...life can be translucent

Menu

"How am I doing?" Hex 14 UC

Bogbat

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have asked alot of questions about a relationship of mine and its ending but today I decided to ask something about myself. It was the simplest question I could come up - "How am I doing?"

Recently I experienced tremendous personal growth and I'm thinking differently about everything. I was in a bad place for the last year or so and now I feel that I managed to get myself together and started to think more deeply and more positively than ever before.

I'm feeling that the things I'm doing now and thinking are the correct path for me. The thing is I maybe needed some kind of reassurance or some kind of guidance towards something that I might be missing right now - which is what pushed me towards this question.

Receiving 14 UC was the first time I'm sure that the hex is unchanging. Before that I think I got some unchanging hexes but I was not aware of the whole change/unchange thing so I ignored it. Since then all of my hexes were changing and given that almost all of them were considering another person as well as me I can see why. But this time I'm not really sure how to interpret that.

I can tell this is a lovely hex. It is more than reassuring that my work is correct right now. But given that I'd like to continue growing and continue improving myself and my view of the world what does the uc 14 hex mean?

Chaptershare

visitor
Reaction score
I’m new at this but I will give it a try. You’re doing good and your luck will change; there will be great revelations and success however be mindful of your grace and arrogance. Stay attentive towards your actions, words and manage your activities and affairs so that it will lead you towards being a better person to yourself as well as others. You’re on the right track and keep doing things that will help you grow as a person. I hope this is at all helpful.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
It's confusing that we call a hexagram with no changing lines 'unchanging', because it certainly doesn't mean there is no change in your answer: a single hexagram by itself can represent a process of change.

Like Chaptershare said, you're doing good. That's the most important message of the reading - and getting 14 on its own, with no qualifiers, only emphasises that.

As a direction of change and growth, Hexagram 14 might suggest reaching out and sharing your gifts, so that whatever wealth is 'yours' (insight, skill, happiness...) goes into circulation in the world and 'spreads the good' (quoting the Image). The oracle for 14 says simply, 'From the source, creating success,' - which looks as though it's treating 'great possession' as a starting point rather than a result.

Bogbat

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Chaptershare and Hilary,

Thank you for both your readings!

To be honest, Hilary your reading is eerie accurate. The things I'm experiencing I try to share with my friends and people close to me. I can see that their understandings are changing when I talk with them about some things. Also I started doing something unvoluntarily recently. When a friend of mine is happy about something, even something very small like he found a really good song which he likes but Im not much into that I'm genuinely happy for them. I started being happy about the people around me when they are happy for something. That is something I rarely did before.

Maybe little off-topic - Few days ago I was with a close friend of mine who is very practical and not really spiritual. I told him about my I ching experience and the things that I'm learning and he asked me if he can use it. He was going to buy a second hand car. I told him to try it. I know it's kind of everyday question but one must start from somewhere. I only told him that there are 2 rules. He should not ask yes/no question and he should not ask the same question again. His question was "What will happen if I buy this car" to which he received hex 47 UC. I was not aware at the time what 47 was about so I found it online without reading and gave it to him to check. He was startled. 47 turned to be exhaustion. He interpret it for himself as that is a very bad sign and there was a line about injured legs. He interpret it as the car will break down and leave him on the road. No need to say he forgot about that car immediately.
The interesting thing is that after this experience he started digging very deep into the I Ching as well as asking some very good questions. He looks very calm right now and is happy that I showed it to him. He told me that I Ching gave him some kind of insight about life and his being and I truly believe I did something good for him. I shared something and this makes me happy.

Of course this is the starting line as you said. I tend to keep this path. But in life there is nothing certain. After all that I shared and your readings I'm starting to think that 14 UC means that I'm on the right way but if I'm not being cautions and careful I can still derail as this is just the beginning.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).