...life can be translucent

Menu

Months of unchanging hexagrams

pallasathena

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you have ever had a long period of time where you were mostly casting unchanging hexagrams, and if you had any insights later about why that was as a general pattern? I've had months now of mostly casting unchanging hexagrams, and that really stands out as unique compared to the past several years since I first started using the I Ching.

The one thing I can kind of correlate with it is that astrologically, I'm in my Neptune-square-Neptune period, which can sometimes mean a period more of dreaming and/or disillusionment than action. Yet I don't really feel that way any more than usual right now. The other option I'd considered is that the I Ching is trying to tell me that I'm not grounded enough in the things I'm asking about, in terms of unchanging hexagrams sometimes being interpreted as you not fully having a place to stand in the matter. But again, that doesn't seem more true now than any other time in my life, when I think about my particular circumstances - if anything, I'm more fully involved in real-world things now than usual.

If you've ever had a long string of unchanging hexagrams like this, I'd love to hear what you made of it later, or if it made more sense later at all.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hi

I was thinking about starting a thread like this. I am the same at the moment for around two months I am casting mostly unchanging hexagram. In the past I had real trouble interpreting them. These days I think I prefer it.

I was kind of taking it as a complement as now maybe the Yi thinks I can handle it. As a rule I think its a much more direct answer.

Steve

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Seems strange this is happening to you as well, we still have much to learn grasshopper

Steve:D

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I often find I receive unchanging hexagrams when I really need a simple, direct answer. For instance, if I'm suddenly called on to go into a stressful situation, feel at a loss for how to cope, and grab the beads for some advice to take with me, I'll often get an unchanging hexagram.

So... maybe you are going through a time when you really need simple answers you can take with you?

Or... maybe you are going through a phase of asking more theoretical questions, where you don't have a clear personal stance or intention?

(Come to think of it, that's actually not as different from my first suggestion as it sounds: my 'help, I don't know how to handle this but I have to somehow' readings are also without much intention/ personal direction beyond 'let me not mess up.')

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Thats true for me I think, its usually when I am stressing about my business, organisation, money. I actually just received 55 unchanging about where to next.

Steve

steve

visitor
Reaction score
The threads on unchanging hexagrams have been more than helpful
It is quite weird when you get them cast after cast.

I felt like it was test, learn more but it does feel direct

Steve

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).