...life can be translucent

Menu

Should I accept this other position at Company B? Hex 2.6 to 23

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Situation: accepted position as an analyst at tech startup where current CFO got fired. CEO is being unclear with me and unsure whether 2 analysts will be on the team or whether he will only have one. Right now, one person is basically do all the finance work, payroll, HR, etc and workload is all manual. Not sure what my role is within the team or if I can even be successful in such an environment where the CEO has his own agenda. Never met him before.

Should I accept this other position at Company B if one is given? Hexagram 2.6 to 23

Stick to your principles and do not intervene in the situation? Confused if I should go forward with this or it’s telling me to split from them?

Is it a good fit for me to stay at the current tech startup? Hexagram 47.1.2 turning to 17

Hexagram 47 line 1 says I should have a cheerful, accepting attitude don’t allow doubt and hopelessness to take over, however Line 2 says “oppressed and active operations will lead to evil”, so there are sacrifices I will need to make? Hex 17 says “follow you gut” or “follow your colleagues” not sure?

Should I wait for the product manager fellowship in California? Hexagram 27.

This says “food” as in source of income/stipend given and I should prolly wait for fellowship before offer is given as it will give me the "experience or path I am looking for"?

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I thought the I-ching is not as black and white as this. Interesting that you say "yes" to staying with current role as it seems to be a highly unstable environment and too much to handle for only one person if they cut the other analyst. How is Hexagram 27 saying not to wait for the fellowship. Having difficulty understanding the logic of the answers given the resulting hexagrams.

D

diamanda

I totally agree with rosada.
If you wait for the product manager fellowship in California you'll stay hungry = 27 = no job.
In the current one, you feel down and oppressed, but at least there's food and continuation (47.1.2 > 17).
2.6 > 23 about job B is obviously bad.

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for elaborating. Haha, I did ask yes/no questions and it is easier to read the straight forward solutions. Just did not expect it to be so simple as I was used to receiving the usual lengthy i-ching approaches. And my gut or interpretation was telling me the opposite - clearly I am not good at interpreting. (I use the book by Brian Browne Walker but never really grasp the outcome correctly) My interpretation was completely different as I saw Hexagram 27 read as "experience/income" since it is a paid stipend 6-week fellowship with potential placement afterwards, and since I'm waiting for the response of whether I have been accepted I am still working at the current tech-startup so i do have income. I guess its a bad idea since no position is guaranteed afterwards.

You are right I feel oppressed/down and unsure if I can handle or even thrive in the current atmosphere. Hate to drag on the thread but this begs the question "if I should look for another job in case" and "how I can be successful at current location"...so I asked the i-ching.

Should I look for another job while working here in case? Hexagram 18.3.6 to 7
Guess this says don't make hasty decisions and concentrate on my own-self development rather than trying to help others and to focus?

How can i be successful at current location? Hexagram 7
Focus?

D

diamanda

It is as simple as yes/no, and then again it's not so simple.
When we ask a trusted friend a yes/no question, it's never a dry 'yes' or a dry 'no'.
The friend will always explain why yes, or why not - likewise with the I Ching.
There are always nuances of why yes, and why not.
Otherwise there would only be 1 version for yes, and 1 version for no.

Should I look for another job while working here in case? 18.3.6 > 7
Yes ;-)
It's a rotten place. Do your best to get out of there.

How can i be successful at current location? Hexagram 7 uc
It will be a struggle. Find a mentor. Wage war.

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, so you're suggesting I should look for another job, but I should not take the job I am interviewing for currently as it is bad? What is obviously bad in 23.6 as that's not obvious to me?

Not sure how 23.6 is bad but it definitely isn't an ideal job as the CFO seems to be unclear too. Shoot, I knew I was jumping into a rotten place but what choice did I have after being unemployed for so long. Will start applying again sigh. :brickwall: Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
D

diamanda

Should I accept this other position at Company B if one is given? Hexagram 2.6 > 23
In 2.6 it's mentioned that dragons fight, and they are both bleeding. 23 means collapsing.
This is what's obviously bad about it.

You did the right thing to accept the current position, after being unemployed for so long.
Then you'll be in a better position to apply for something else eventually.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
How to be successful at current location:
Consider yourself a foot soldier in The Army. If you do advance it will be because you were in the right place at the right time with the necessary skills needed to get the job done, so strive to understand the work your company is doing, particularly see how company policies effect the day-to-day operations on the "front lines."
Hexagram 7, The Army, describes a leader who understands the situation well because he is right there doing the work - not off in some high office making up rules. He is trusted by his co-workers because he is not trying to gain special recognition but instead is doing his job to further the cause and to benefit everyone, especially those who depend on him.

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all your responses. Guess I will just have to ride this wave out until I find something else.

Your description of Hexagram 7 makes sense and is the general mindset I have adopted. In regards to Hexagram 2.6 > 23 of taking the other job if an offer was made, I just thought it might provide me more time to study and pick up programming on the side since its a 3-minute commute from my house vs. an hour commute. In my mind, it seemed like a better place since the commute is shorter and job seemed more manageable which would allow me time to transition out of finance into something else eventually. Guess you can never really tell what its like until you get there and face the music.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ho Jp
So did you get there and faced the music? 🙂
What about that 2.6>23? Are you still fighting?

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ho Jp
So did you get there and faced the music? 🙂
What about that 2.6>23? Are you still fighting?
Hey, no actually I left Company A within 2 weeks to go to company B next to my house since the employee I was working with was talking down to me and not sharing information. (That alongside with the lack of management and responsibility). Kid would try to fight with me and deliberately attempt to confuse me, but I picked up quickly that he was a clown. I put in my resignation and told the CEO since he gave two hoots (had discussions beforehand with his associate but fell on deaf ears).

Company B is a shoddy business laughable joke, but gave me the ability to take classes which was the most important thing. (Imagine a small company 30 employees where no one comes in and does whatever they want). I have been here at company B managing my own time/schedule since there's not much of a team or structure, but prefer that over someone micromanaging me or talking down. It's not good for career growth/comp but gives me flexibility. Did not have a choice and no other offers came so if I stayed at Company A I do not know what would have happened or how miserable I would've been. (Also, never got offered to go to the next stage for the Product Manager opportunity so Rosada was right there) Hope this is insightful.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).