...life can be translucent

Menu

benefit 53.5/52

S

SHONNA_D

I would like to know if you have any experience with the changing line 53.5
My question was: Is the separation from my ex for my benefit? (I mean if something nice is going to happen after that)
53, 5/ 52

I don't know if the answer is auspicious. Does the line mean that I will be waiting isolated for 3 years till something good happens to me? Any insights please?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
My question was: Is the separation from my ex for my benefit? (I mean if something nice is going to happen after that)

I would take that answer as:
Yes, it may take a while, but you will get a good relationship later.

Please don't ask how long.
Please start living again.
Please get on with the moving on.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
The problem with asking yes-or-no questions is that there are no hexagrams that mean yes or no. The response you get from the I Ching is more like a photograph of your current situation which then allows you to step back and view things from a wider perspective and decide for yourself if the answer is yes or no. In this case I believe the I Ching is showing you that the relationship wasn't going anywhere - it was Keeping Still - so I think we can assume it was best you got out of it, but I don't think we can get from this answer whether or not "something nice" is now going to happen. Perhaps you would get clearer guidance if you rephrase your question, something like, "How is it to my benefit that my ex and I separated?"

D

diamanda

I don't see any problem with yes/no questions, however this question makes no sense.
Is the separation from my ex for my benefit? (I mean if something nice is going to happen after that)

What does that mean...?
Separation from someone >> so because of that >> then something nice...?

Life doesn't work like that. Life doesn't give us brownie points for misfortunes.

Then again you could just take it literally. Just wait a few years, that's all.

S

SHONNA_D

Sorry English is not my native language. I don't know if I have expressed my question correctly so as you can understand me. My question was aboit a confirmation of iching If I made the right choice to give up and move on and if it would be for my best. That's all.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
The problem with yes/no questions is that every hexagram can be interpreted to mean yes and every hexagram can be interpreted to mean no.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
With the question, "Did I make the right choice to move on?" you could read 53.5 - 52 as meaning
"Yes, you made the right choice because for quite some time ("three years") you had no progress but now nothing can hinder you. Good fortune."
Or you could interpret it to mean "You made the wrong choice because although it appeared nothing was developing, if you had been patient - Kept Still - ultimately nothing would have hindered you."

However, even though I think there are better ways to phrase a question, I think in this case you are being encouraged that you will ultimately have a relationship that is good for you.

S

SHONNA_D

Thank you all, I really appreciate your posts! You are so helpful. I think indeed I made the right thing with him and someday I will have what I really wish for.

S

SHONNA_D

P.S
it is not me on the photo... It is actually a princess kissing a frog.
I wish I will find my prince one day!:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).