...life can be translucent

Menu

Twice in one day, same question: 20.5 > 23 ??

V

veavea

Hello Clarity folks,

I'm in a bit of an angsty condition, because I've been told I have to move my houseboat from its current mooring and I don't know where I'm going to go. I'm sure everything will work out, because things always do (well, mostly) but until then I don't really know what to do or even where to start, or whether I should just wait until something miraculous drops in my lap. Twice today when I've whined at Yi: 'I don't know what to dooooooo what shall I dooooooo' I've had 20.5 > 23.

I just don't see how looking at my own life is going to help me find a mooring...! And I don't want to cruise about the waterways as I'm not confident at boat-handling yet.

How would you interpret the line? :confused:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oh dear. :hug:

No, I don't think 20.5 means you should drift about aimlessly! Maybe this is one of those readings that will make sense only later, when something happens, and you'll think, "Oh, this is what the reading was about." (And then hopefully the advice in the reading will help you.)

Sometimes 20.5 seems to be in stark contrast to 20.6. Here they both are (Hilary's translation):

"Seeing my own life.
The noble one is without mistake."

"Seeing their lives.
The noble one is without mistake."

So - for example - if something comes up where you want to do one thing, and someone else wants you to do something else, you'll remember Yi said you should do what you want. You might want to ask Yi a specific question about a specific option, of course, but this is probably Yi's overall, general advice, a guiding principle, maybe.

V

veavea

Thanks Liselle. What I really want is to stay where I am, and I keep thinking/hoping the marina owners will suddenly say 'oh actually we DO have room for you to stay, there's been a terrible mistake'. Everytime I ask Yi about this solution or that solution it seems to me I'm advised to hang tight. But I could just be interpreting things wishfully! I just asked about another location about 20 miles away and got 2.3 > 15 which, again, feels to me like I should just sit tight and not try too hard. But it's hard to sit tight in such a situation! :lalala: (I really like all the smilies on this forum by the way) :D

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I like the smilies, too!

I certainly don't think being able to stay where you are is against the 20.5 reading, and I agree with you about 2.3 > 15. Of course we could both be wrong, but I hope it works out that way.

V

veavea

Veavea; what happened?

🚢

Ah! This is so funny to revisit. I was so terrified at this time because I didn’t know what would become of me! Within about a week of this, and my abject terror, I found out that I could move my boat temporarily into the adjacent city harbour. I asked someone I knew to help me move the boat and he was more than happy! It turned into quite a fun little adventure. I stayed in the city harbour for about a month and then moved to another marina in a more rural location (again found a useful sailor to help me) and gradually gained confidence steering the boat myself. After a couple of months there I lived on the canal for a while. Ironically I sold the boat just a week ago so my boat adventures are over but it was all good fun while it lasted!

There’s a quote I think by Marcus Aurelius to the effect ‘let not future things concern you as you’ll figure it out when you need to’ which seems apt. ⚓

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I love Marcus Aurelius 😍
We find the same thing in the most recent part of the Bible. It’s a quote from Jesus.

So 23.5 was probably up to you to decide where to put it. Nothing horrid on the way.

I’m glad to hear that. Thank you for updating 🤓

V

veavea

Thanks for having me revisit this, it’s useful to look back... I think that, it wasn’t so much deciding where to put it as I felt at the time I didn’t have any power to decide and was totally controlled by the marina and harbour authorities. I just couldn’t see a way out. However, it turned out that my perspective was limited and I wasn’t seeing all the possibilities available because I didn’t believe there were any other possibilities. It was like I was looking through binoculars and not seeing what was to left and right of me. So I think that, for this line, it was telling me that I needed to broaden my view of the situation and think again! Once I saw there were other options, again it wasn’t really a matter of deciding but I was able to move out of what I mistakenly thought was an impossible trap. A bit like in the tarot, the 8 of swords card where the woman is blindfolded and trapped but actually she could just walk forwards...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).