...life can be translucent

Menu

Finding a way to expose my child to the natural world more: 56.4 -> 52

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

It vexes me that my family lives in an apartment with no garden, especially now that we have a child. She's still very young but I think it's important that she gets time in the natural world, as much as possible. I would also like her to experience tending her own patch of earth when she's older, and growing things. It's soothing and it's an important part of understanding the world and one's place in it.

Our apartment is otherwise extremely good and we don't want to move, though it's hard at times having a child in the city. Yi has been consistently negative about the possibility of us moving to the countryside. For example, I recently asked about moving to the country and got 31.2.3-47, yikes. Line 'Influence in your calves, pitfall. Staying in place, good fortune.' (ha!) and line 3 is all about a draining and humiliating restlessness. 47 speaks for itself. It would indeed be isolating up there. Cheaper, but isolating.

Anyway, I asked "How can I give her more experiences in nature?" and got 56.4 -> 52 which seems apt. 56.4 seems to be saying we will need to be "travellers" when we're in such places, at least for now, and while we can have fruitful experiences ("gains property and an axe") there is something not wholly satisfying about it ("My heart is not glad"). Or, perhaps Yi is once again echoing that if we move to the country, it will be an uncomfortable and not wholly pleasing situation?

We do live near some nice parks but I won't ever feel comfortable just letting her fully explore in the dirt and such in them. I have repeatedly found broken glass and worse things while rambling about myself. The playgrounds are better kept up, but they are absolutely denuded of any kind of plant-life-- they are all blacktop and metal play equipment.

Mainly I'm having trouble getting a handle on how 52 fits in here, but perhaps it's Yi again saying "Don't move to the country. Keep still."

Thoughts?

D

diamanda

How can I give her more experiences in nature? 56.4 > 52
I believe this simply says 'it's not possible where you are'.
You've got a home, got a job, etc, but the heart is not glad.

I recently asked about moving to the country and got 31.2.3 > 47
If you tarry and stay at home (31.2) and do not follow where your legs want to go (31.3) you will feel oppressed and imprisoned (47).

Chaptershare

visitor
Reaction score
Mulberry

It sounds like 56.4 May be a challenge in perspective however you’re creativity will bring a different and fresh outlook. You will find new ways to introduce your daughter to nature. How do you adapt to your current situation(living in the city) yet give your daughter the outdoorsy and more earthly experiences? Are there hiking trails you can take your daughter to, perhaps purchase some nice flowers and some pots and expose her to a little gardening inside or if you have a balcony? How about joining a nature group for moms which will allow you to do more activities that has to do with nature. Not sure if you’re close to a Home Depot or Ace hardware but they do have programs for little kids that perhaps you could attend with her. There’s also Meetup group and Nextdoor which has a lot of mom’s activity groups based on your interest.

31.2.3-47, this reading doesn’t sound like it will be what you want or desire. To me it sounds like you will be deceiving yourself of your own happiness.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).